• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R |OT| Buggler? I Hardly Know Her!

played online for the first time and finally I won a game after an hour or so.
is there somewhere a bomberman guide for a scrub like me?

Online IMO sucks, I just got it, got put in with 2 other baby tiers and then a god tier and master tier I think, got smoked. Then the 2nd time I tried playing got paired with all God Tiers, I know it's been out a bit but damn, if it stays like that I won't be playing much online multiplayer.

Craft

Online IMO sucks, I just got it, got put in with 2 other baby tiers and then a god tier and master tier I think, got smoked. Then the 2nd time I tried playing got paired with all God Tiers, I know it's been out a bit but damn, if it stays like that I won't be playing much online multiplayer.

Played about 30 games online now and don't think I've seen anyone above A, doesn't the game try to match you by similar ranking by default.

StayDead

"farming" the boss doesn't seem to be going too well for me so far. 3 attempts, 1 successful on normal (Japanese difficulties are Beginner, Normal and Expert) and only got 700 coins.

I keep killing myself stupidly. :V

steveovig

Playing online is the way to get coins imo. Improve your game a bit and you'll be winning in no time. 300 coins for consecutive wins.

Easier said than done. I tried last night doing League Battles and I didn't win one match or game, and it made me frustrated. I'm probably just never going to be good at this and I just want to have some fun, wins a few matches here and there, and maybe unlock a couple things.

BTW, am I correct in saying that we can't play the new maps online or did I just miss them when I was trying to create a room?

Neiteio

I've been playing co-op in Story Mode. I thought it would be absolute chaos, but we're tearing through this at 100x the speed I was clearing it in one-player. Finally earning some gems so I can unlock a new multiplayer map! Also, the giant boss mechs for each Dastardly Bomber are awesome!

StayDead

Wow, just went 2-0 in a ranked match vs 3 people in the highest rank (I'm Baby League B which is the lowest).

I just made sure I didn't die rather than playing to attack. Worked really well!

Ok, so during a coop game on veteran golem bomber actually punched a golem bomb onto me killing me instantly. First time they've done it but now the warning makes sense at least :p

yep, this is very true. I already threw a couple of games by killing myself.
thanks for the advices.
Heh, I just hope they help :3

Wow, just went 2-0 in a ranked match vs 3 people in the highest rank (I'm Baby League B which is the lowest).

I just made sure I didn't die rather than playing to attack. Worked really well!
Yup yup! Staying alive is key! :D
You don't score points for killing anyone so it's better to let them do all the work and concentrate on not exploding :3

I've been playing co-op in Story Mode. I thought it would be absolute chaos, but we're tearing through this at 100x the speed I was clearing it in one-player. Finally earning some gems so I can unlock a new multiplayer map! Also, the giant boss mechs for each Dastardly Bomber are awesome!
Heh, this is like the opposite of my experience. We couldn't clear anything except world 1 in coop, while i've been able to carve my way through them in single player :p

The online for this is frustrating, but fun when it works. Playing with "good connections only" gives me either great matches or lag nightmares. I haven't encountered another game like this, is the netcode just terrible? I'm assuming this is peer to peer.

Also, what does the bell mean on the selection screen while in a room in league? Does that signify they are the host?

Camjo-Z

I just noticed that they fixed the World 3 boss. Before you could easily get stuck on the lower springs by running into them from the top instead of the side, but now they've put gaps there so it's impossible to hit them the wrong way.

mstevens

Played tonight with a very wide ranging crowd - my gf who usually likes phone games, my nephew who likes games, and my mom who doesn't ever play anything. Everyone was howling with laughter and had a great time.

Mcdohl

Just finished the game.

What a...mediocre experience.

I wouldn't recommend this game, yet I'm happy that:

• Bomberman, 'nuff said.
  • Campaign was co-opable with my wife

I don't regret my purchase in the sense that hopefully that means more Bomberman in the future.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
On sale again at Best Buy but I still can't get myself to pull the trigger. $32 seems like a bit too much for the game.

Just finished the game.

What a...mediocre experience.

I wouldn't recommend this game, yet I'm happy that:

• Bomberman, 'nuff said.
  • Campaign was co-opable with my wife

I don't regret my purchase in the sense that hopefully that means more Bomberman in the future.

Do you only play single player?

Mcdohl

Do you only play single player?

If by single player you mean Co-Op (2player) campaign, then mostly, yes.

I did enjoy multiplayer too, but that's a pretty safe bet when it comes to Bomberman imo. It's been the same thing for a while, even on the recent XBLA/PSN versions. So it's hard to recommend on that.

I'm the kind of guy who loved campaigns from Bomberman64, Bomberman Generations, Bomberman Tournament, etc.

jon_dojah

Banned
Happy to grab this game last night used so my money doesn't go towards Konami.

It'll come in handy on long flight to Japan this weekend when me or my gf aren't playing Zelda or Kart.

Regiruler

Ok, so during a coop game on veteran golem bomber actually punched a golem bomb onto me killing me instantly. First time they've done it but now the warning makes sense at least :p
:p

It's not worded well, but another important attribute is that it cannot be punched or kicked by other players. It's impossible to get out of a trap with it, meaning it's probably the strongest bomb in multiplayer.

GenG3000

Hi, bought the game digitally after the 1.3 update to have my fill of Bomberman and because I wanted to support the series. However I cannot find users outside League Battle. Is the user rate that low or is it my problem? I tried searching using the 4 network settings.

I found something weird on the Super Bomberman R"s amazon page: it lists the platform on a little box, which only happens when a game releases on multiple platforms.

Seriously, no other single platform Nintendo Switch game has the little box, could this mean that the game will get a multiplaform release? or am I reading too much into it?

japtor

I found something weird on the Super Bomberman R"s amazon page: it lists the platform on a little box, which only happens when a game releases on multiple platforms.

Seriously, no other single platform Nintendo Switch game has the little box, could this mean that the game will get a multiplaform release? or am I reading too much into it?
Probably reading too much into it, Mario Kart and Zelda showed it for me too just now.

It's not worded well, but another important attribute is that it cannot be punched or kicked by other players. It's impossible to get out of a trap with it, meaning it's probably the strongest bomb in multiplayer.

Wow, so it neuters enemy kick and punch? That's crazy potent :eek:

Camjo-Z

Picking this up this weekend; can someone kindly explain the Dastardly Bombers' abilities in Multiplayer?

Magnet Bomber: Bombs move towards players who get close to them

Golem Bomber: Thrown bombs crush opponents and can't be punched or kicked

Phantom Bomber: Can leave fake bombs that disappear after a short time

Karaoke/Pretty Bomber: Bombs take a long time to explode, but will immediately explode if an opponent gets near them

Plasma Bomber: Bombs explode much quicker than normal

Magnet Bomber: Bombs move towards players who get close to them

Golem Bomber: Thrown bombs crush opponents and can't be punched or kicked

Phantom Bomber: Can leave fake bombs that disappear after a short time

Karaoke/Pretty Bomber: Bombs take a long time to explode, but will immediately explode if an opponent gets near them

Plasma Bomber: Bombs explode much quicker than normal

Nitpicking here, but Plasma's fuse timer specifically depends on how long you hold the special bomb button down for. You can mix it up to mess with people.

Interesting...
Thank you both! Sounds like Plasma is my kind of character!

Good lord, Magnet Bomber just handed me my head on a silver platter! I'm rustler at Bomberman than I thought!

Alrighty; got him cornered, then smashed the Iron Gauss. Golem Bomber was actually much easier; Fort Walker was somewhat annoying though. I think I frightened Phantom Bomber's AI; I flung Rubber Bombs around until he panicked and ran into an enclosed space, then trapped him. The Mystic Hatter was little trouble to dispatch. Now I've got two more Dastardly Bombers to handle!

Sorry to double post, but I have a question: what's the fastest way to grind credits?

Keep playing online. If you get 2+ consecutive wins you earn an extra 100 gems per game, on top of the 100 you get for winning.

As you progress through the leagues this increases by 50 each, so if you're in the third, Amateur, league, then you end up betting 400 gems per game if you're winning consecutively, or just 200 for winning.

Keep playing online. If you get 2+ consecutive wins you earn an extra 100 gems per game, on top of the 100 you get for winning.

As you progress through the leagues this increases by 50 each, so if you're in the third, Amateur, league, then you end up betting 400 gems per game if you're winning consecutively, or just 200 for winning.

Ah, I see. Which Bomber do you recommend I unlock first? I've seen some folks say go for Plasma first because his special bomb allows you to grind the bosses for coins quickly...

Ah, I see. Which Bomber do you recommend I unlock first? I've seen some folks say go for Plasma first because his special bomb allows you to grind the bosses for coins quickly...

I haven't unlocked any myself yet! At first I bought one hat, and then a few special stages before realising they were just the same stages with different backdrops and lighting. Since then I've been buying the 4000 coin stages, got about 4 or 5 at the moment.

Thanks for the heads-up on single player though, the bosses are part of the reason why I haven't gone back after beating it on Veteran. Love the music and the stage designs and the cutscenes, but the bosses feel like they were made for four players due to how long it takes to bring them down. The Version 2 update seems to have lowered their health significantly though.

I haven't unlocked any myself yet! At first I bought one hat, and then a few special stages before realising they were just the same stages with different backdrops and lighting. Since then I've been buying the 4000 coin stages, got about 4 or 5 at the moment.

Thanks for the heads-up on single player though, the bosses are part of the reason why I haven't gone back after beating it on Veteran. Love the music and the stage designs and the cutscenes, but the bosses feel like they were made for four players due to how long it takes to bring them down. The Version 2 update seems to have lowered their health significantly though.

Ah, I see! They say that Plasma Bombs are good because you can shorten their fuse time, making it easier to land attacks on mobile bosses like Elegant Dream or Ultimate Buggler.

COOLSKELETON95

Neo Member
Are there many players of this still? Got the game this week, and it seems like I can only ever find people at around this sort of time in the day, but often I'm up against one other person, which feels a bit weak.

Absolutely loving the game though, and adoring the single-player mode!

Nekobo

Bomberman R update 1.4 is live:

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/super-bomberman-r-version-1-4-update-now-available

• Three new characters are now available in the shop. (Vic Viper Bomber, Simon Belmont Bomber, and Pyramid Head Bomber.)
  • Four new VS stages are now available in the shop. (Conveyor Belt Classic, Panic Factory, Plain Floor, and Desert Fort.)
  • Two new series of accessories are now available in the shop. (Item and Snowflake series.)
  • Other than Battle Royale, the Team Battle is now available as a Battle Rule. In this mode, the team with the last survivor wins the match.
  • There are now more ways to win Gems and more Gems available. (Previously Gems could only be earned in the League Battle, but now all VS modes provide Gems.)
  • Adjusted the movement speed of the Power Zone.
  • Other small bugs have been fixed.

The new characters cost 10 gems each. I just earned 150 gems doing a 1 set, 1v1 battle against a weak CPU.

Top Bottom