• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R |OT| Buggler? I Hardly Know Her!

Andyliini

Konami has issued a huge update for this game. The update includes:

New World 7 Story and bosses
Nine New Characters
New Unlockable Pets
New Playable Multiplayer Maps
3v3 Grand Prix mode
New Arena style Maps

Also, new trailer for the update. I have not played the game for a while, but the game must have done extremely well for Konami to release yet another free update with this much content.

https://imgur.com/a/uswSt

POD20lc.jpg

LMfTooU.jpg

I was originally planning to play some Rocket League this evening but there's been a change of plans.

Amazing how much Konami has added to this - it's easily one of the most comprehensive game in the series at this point. Aren't there other 20 maps now, with very few stinkers?

Looking forward to jumping in to the single player as well. Apparently the ending song has been rerecorded in English too.

Vitacat

Just messed around with Belmont and Vic Viper bomberman. Nice update. Was somewhat regretful about purchase at launch, but Konami has done right by this game with the updates. It's much better now.

blitz64

The number of people online is almost 0. It already takes 30+ minutes to find an online match nowadays. Eventually I do find someone online, it's a 1vs1 battle (boring) instead of 4 players since not enough online people.

The game was fun the very first month and I can easily find people. I spent over 100 hours the first month.

I just downloaded the update and now there is a grand prix mode, which further splits online playerbase. I'm currently in the game waiting for 20+ minutes for a game Wednesday afternoon USA. No one is playing. :(

Played through the new world. It was awesome, they definitely didn't phone it in as far as effort and level design went. It's a brand new scenario with all-new enemies and a new setting and cutscenes. There are some really challenging levels too.

One asks you to survive for 2 minutes, and while you can stay still at the start of level and mostly survive, thinking you're smart, by the time the 2 minutes are up a whole bunch of enemies have spawned and getting to the exit is incredibly difficult. Or you can play it 'properly' and make sure there's a manageable amount of enemies by the end. But that means breaking free of your safe zone at the start.

Oh and yup, there is indeed an English version of the credits song.
Someone has kindly already uploaded it:

Then I just started Grand Prix mode and was gobsmacked by that opening cutscene. Shame online is dead - Bomberman Blast on WiiWare never had this problem.

Did they make it easier to buy/unlock characters/maps?

Not in this update, but in an earlier update they did. You could now get them for playing local multiplayer as well.

Andyliini

According to Konami president Hideki Hayakawa, Super Bomberman R has sold almost One million copies since it launched in March 2017. The game launched as a Switch exclusive, but is coming to other devices this summer. Personally, I find this quite impressive sales myself, hopefully this leads to more games in the future.

Yagami_Sama

I remember that on version 1.3, the game was running at 60fps. On Story mode on this same version, the game was 1080p, with unstable frame rate, at least for me was something in the range of 40/50. On multiplayer it was 720p@60fps.

No idea how it performs on handheld mode, because I never played like this.

JP

Trailer for the "Shiny Edition" of the game that's being released on PS4, Xbox & Steam on 12th. There's no real reason for these to not be 4K/60 when it's released apart from possibly...Konami.

EDIT:
Just looked and it's actually £27.99 to pre-order from the PlayStation Store.

Last edited:

eastx

It's a shame the Xbox and PlayStation 4 versions don't have dedicated servers, but they're still lots of fun to play online when the opponent's ping is okay. Also, I really can't understand why we can't change the control scheme to make the A button lay bombs.

Some gameplay videos I recorded:

Top Bottom