• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Victor Lucas is in a league of his own when it comes to game interviews

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
He had an episode with HappyConsoleGamer where they talked about the Switch. It was awesome seeing him again. I'm with the crowd who got to know him on EP.

I wish they'd incorporate him with GameStop TV. No offense to Chris Burnett's career, but Victor would be a perfect fit.

Bluenoser

I used to love watching EP. Funny I don't remember Geoff or Jade from that show, yet they are the biggest names to come out of it.

Canada has a long history in the VG biz. A ton of talent has come from here.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Subscribe to his YouTube! I found him a while back and was shocked he was still in the business. Probably the most professional gaming stuff you're gonna find on YouTube.

catabarez

I remember a couple years ago I was flipping through channels around 2am and I saw Electric Playground on one of the local channels. It brought me waaay back to when it was on G4. I figured it was cancelled in the US since G4 wasn't around anymore.

I did my part and set up a daily recording and watched them the following day up until the show was cancelled.

Vic will always keep on kicking, and he's been producing great content for over 20 years, which I think is one of the longest video game shows in history (don't quote me others may be still going).

I saw his 20th anniversary panel at Fan expo a couple years ago and it was a riot, have yet to meet the guy despite apparently being in the same location at previous event and not noticing him.

Guy produces great content

Laieon

Now there's a name I haven't heard in years. Didn't realize he was still around. Back in the day I really enjoyed him and Tommy Tallarico (sp?) on Electronic Playground.

First time I went to a Video Games Live show, I asked Tommy Tallarico how Victor Lucas was doing, and he seemed happy to talk about the guy. I loved Judgment Day and the Electric Playground back when I used to watch television--Victor Lucas is great!

Sheroking

Wait, Jade Raymond? The same Jade Raymond of Jade Raymond Presents: Assassin's Creed, was a game show host?

Not even the trippiest star Vic launched with EP.

JoyousPreciousDartfrog.gif

Batwing

Neo Member
It is a wonderful feeling to read these comments about my/our work. I can tell you that EP was never created with any other intention other than honouring the videogame industry and the passion that we all share for it. I created the show expressly because I honestly LOVE video games and I have since I first picked up an Atari 2600 in the early 80's. I thought games were neglected on television and I wanted to change that.

I also want to clarify that EP and ROTR were never cancelled. We had a deal with a Canadian broadcaster that wasn't renewed in 2016 but it was my decision to not proceed with the risk of producing a television series again at the end of 2015 (there were partner stations that wanted us to continue under a split advertising model). I own EP and ROTR and all of the programming created under the EPN banner. The expense to go forward with more TV production and a big team was just too great and I didn't want to spend all of my time worrying about advertising. I make content. So instead I chose to finance the production of content for our YouTube/Facebook/Twitch/DailyMotion channels and to start to understand the new opportunities of delivering video content through these platforms.

In 2016 I did start to have conversations with potential TV and VOD distribution partners but very few people in the television industry right now are focused on this kind of content and I grew tired of waiting for answers, so at the beginning of 2017 I made the decision to just proceed with what we are building now and to solicit some partnerships to help us grow where we are. I've decided not to spend money on marketing and PR at this stage and instead we just focus on building fun content and continue to accumulate viewers through word of mouth. I've also partnered with Johnny Millennium from the Happy Console Gamer on a new movie review channel (in the vein of Reviews on the Run) called Film Fury.

Now things are starting to grow and get interesting with our current distribution base and you'll start to see EP content in lots of cool new places; Like the Arms interview we did at Nintendo that's been playing before movies this month in Cineplex theatres across Canada.

BUT

What we need more than anything, if you like our type of content--which isn't created out a need for clickbait or to cultivate needless controversy--is for you to support us by viewing lots of our videos, commenting, giving us thumbs up for the stuff that you like (and thumbs down and comments on stuff that we can do better) and hitting that subscribe button so you can check us out regularly. We post new stuff every day. We also post a ton of our classic stuff (you can watch season 1 & 2 of EP on our channel right now!) and I'm trying to develop a cool gameplan around getting you ALL of our previous material. We need viewers to grow all of that though. So please WATCH, COMMENT, SHARE and SUB.

I can assure you that EP was built for the right reasons. We created 25 seasons of television programming and kept full creative control and now I want to show folks that there is a richer, deeper, more inclusionary way to talk about everything cool every single day with our internet-based programming. I love this industry and what we've built too much to stop now. :)

YouTube.com/EPNtv
YouTube.com/FilmFury

Thank you and all the best!

- Vic

Harusame

Just subscribed to his channel. Definitely miss watching Electronic Playground and Reviews on the Run when Victor and Tommy were on the show. Slowly forgot about the shows after Tommy's departure.

Dorygrant

My friend and I used to joke about the show a lot when it was on but it was impressive they had a new episode every day basically. Good to see him still doing it but sad it's not on that TV morning block like before.

theWB27

It is a wonderful feeling to read these comments about my/our work. I can tell you that EP was never created without any other intention than honouring the videogame industry and the passion that we all share for it. I created the show expressly because I honestly LOVE video games and I have since I first picked up an Atari 2600 in the early 80's. I thought games were neglected on television and I wanted to change that.

I also want to clarify that EP and ROTR were never cancelled. We had a deal with a Canadian broadcaster that wasn't renewed in 2016 but it was my decision to not proceed with the risk of producing a television series again at the end of 2015 (there were partner stations that wanted us to continue under a split advertising model). I own EP and ROTR and all of the programming created under the EPN banner. The expense to go forward with more TV production and a big team was just too great and I didn't want to spend all of my time worrying about advertising. I make content. So instead I chose to finance the production of content for our YouTube/Facebook/Twitch/DailyMotion channels and to start to understand the new opportunities of delivering video content through these platforms.

In 2016 I did start to have conversations with potential TV and VOD distribution partners but very few people in the television industry right now are focused on this kind of content and I grew tired of waiting for answers, so at the beginning of 2017 I made the decision to just proceed with what we are building now and to solicit some partnerships to help us grow where we are. I've decided not to spend money on marketing and PR at this stage and instead we just focus on building fun content and continue to accumulate viewers through word of mouth. I've also partnered with Johnny Millennium from the Happy Console Gamer on a new movie review channel (in the vein of Reviews on the Run) called Film Fury.

Now things are starting to grow and get interesting with our current distribution base and you'll start to see EP content in lots of cool new places; Like the Arms interview we did at Nintendo that's been playing before movies this month in Cineplex theatres across Canada.

BUT

What we need more than anything if you like our type of content--which isn't created out a need for clickbait or to cultivate needless controversy--is for you to support us by viewing lots of our videos, commenting, giving us thumbs up for the stuff that you like (and thumbs down and comments on stuff we can do better) and hitting that subscribe button so you can check us out regularly. We post new stuff every day. We also post a ton of our classic stuff (you can watch season 1 & 2 of EP on our channel right now!) and I'm trying to develop a cool gameplan around getting you ALL of our previous material. We need viewers to grow all of that though. So please WATCH, COMMENT, SHARE and SUB.

I can assure you that EP was built for the right reasons. We created 25 seasons of television programming and kept full creative control and now I want to show folks that there is a richer, deeper, more inclusionary way to talk about everything cool every single day with our internet-based programming. I love this industry and what we've built too much to stop now. :)

YouTube.com/EPNtv
YouTube.com/FilmFury

Thank you and all the best!

- Vic

Hoooly ish. Thanks for helping make video games amazing growing up.

george_us

Now I'm just missing the early G4 days.
Early G4 was a little rough but it definitely had some great stuff. Judgement Day, G4TV.com, and Cinemtech were my favorites. I'll never forget the thread that Video Game Vixens spawned. Such innocent times lol.

What we need more than anything if you like our type of content--which isn't created out a need for clickbait or to cultivate needless controversy--is for you to support us by viewing lots of our videos, commenting, giving us thumbs up for the stuff that you like (and thumbs down and comments on stuff we can do better) and hitting that subscribe button so you can check us out regularly. We post new stuff every day. We also post a ton of our classic stuff (you can watch season 1 & 2 of EP on our channel right now!) and I'm trying to develop a cool gameplan around getting you ALL of our previous material. We need viewers to grow all of that though. So please WATCH, COMMENT, SHARE and SUB.

Will do, thanks for the memories and keep up the amazing work!

...just can't figure out how I watched you as a kid and now look older than you :(

EP was awesome and the new stuff is great too. I'm just glad we can still get great content from Victor Lucas.

Since I know you're reading this: thanks for the great childhood memories and here's to many more years of great content!

1337Sauce

Just want to thank you (on behalf of myself as well as everyone on this forum) for everything you have done for the industry. I have always loved your content, and I remember watching throughout my entire life. Your opinions are genuine and your passion is clear, so please continue to do what you do best. As a kid your shows were one of my earliest memories of introduction to the industry in the form of journalism and news!

Love the new channel as well with HCG, you two are honestly a fantastic combination.

Loxley

I thought his name sounded familiar, dude was great with Tommy back in the Electronic Playground days - cool to see he's still in the business and producing good content.

Apoc29

I wonder if it hurt for Vic to say Spider-Man was the best when he's like the biggest Batman fan.

Of course you can like both I guess...but here on NeoGAF you pick a side or DIE :p

Luigi87

Victor Lucas thread on GAF? Sub'd!

Always enjoyed Electronic Playground, Reviews on the Run, EP Daily, etc.
Really hope a new distribution contract for them can be reached eventually.

Alt183

Electric Playground on YouTube is some of the best content in my subscription box. Glad more people are taking notice lately.

MarkusRJR

Wait EP and Reviews on the Run still exist? They were literally the only shows I regularly watched growing up. Got me super interested in games and the industry. Gonna subscribe for sure.

Top Bottom