• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutal death scenes in old games *NSFW*

Miracle

I remember Heart of Darkness so much just because of how violent it was.

Probably the most violent rated E game ever lol.

Speaking of Doom, Brutal Doom (I know, I know, not exactly old, but it's a mod for a 24 year old game so I'm counting it) has some pretty amazing kills.

tumblr_o80pdbPfzN1vv8g0do1_500.gif

Since I'm usually a purist, it's hard to admit, but Brutal Doom has some of the most outstanding and vicious gun feedback and combat of all time for my money.

The way you can tear apart humanoid enemies and imps with the chaingun especially is wild.

Mr Git

Mine too! <3 Such a good line. And you could use the "diary" option in the menu to re-watch all the cut-scenes, I'd do that all the time with this one. :D

I used the diary until my memory card corrupted and I lost my save so reverted to using a cart to carry on watching it regularly xD Also meant you could slo-mo and various rewind speeds. Mobius was a right shit :D

Weaponlord on the SNES had some real violence in it. Very suprizing for Nintendo games back then. The game would've looked great with more animation frames.

giphy.gif

Mr_Zombie

this makes me want to play phantasmagoria. is it possible to do so - GOG?

It is available at GOG, but as someone in this thread already said, it's not really a good game. Beside the gore factor (excluding the final chase sequence it's really just a couple of cut-scenes), it's a really mediocre and pretty short adventure game. Even the story isn't anything interesting -
just your ordinary horror pulp about evil possessing a human host
. The game was always more style over substance, and the style - the FMVs technology and the gore - looks really outdated nowadays.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I don't mind. I'm sure an eventual remake/reboot would be neutered and utterly devoid of soul.

Crusader was too real even for its era.

Oh undeniably. I don't want EA touching Crusader, Ultima, Wing Commander, Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Syndicate, Theme Park/Hospital, etc... with a 1000 foot pole.

tkscz

Man I played the hell out of Turok on the 64 and Turok 2. Some sensational weapons in those games. Did the last game really come out in 2008? I think it needs a reboot.

There are remasters of the first two games on the PC right now. Hoping they may come to the Switch.

Weaponlord on the SNES had some real violence in it. Very suprizing for Nintendo games back then. The game would've looked great with more animation frames.

giphy.gif

Oh my god. I remember this game. There was another move where after you beheaded the guy, you could swing at the head and it would split in half and the brain would fall out.

Audioboxer

Nostalgia trip the thread <3

All the gore filled games young eyes shouldn't see but most of us are living proof it does "no" damage :p

poodaddy

Got a question for the fellow old fuckers here; is there a way to play some of these older abandoned games on tablets using a type of emulator like DOSBOX? It just seems like the topic chi screen interface would be great to play some older PC classics that are a bit slower in pace, but I don't know if there exists such a type of software.

Before anyone asks, yes I own a very capable PC but it's in my living room which is super hot. I wanna play some older games in my bedroom where the AC is lol.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I watched my dad play this and a way too young age, the part in which there were hands coming out of the bed to grab her and someone force breeding animal guts with a funnel scared the hell out of me.

Like milk

xza3aGH.gif

Even for today standards this is hardcore.

I also believe there's no villain more twisted and evil than Zoltan. I mean, shit.

phantas-9.png

WrBDoU.gif

Yeah, Phantasmagoria really shocked me when I was a kid. It was that gory.

tumblr_ns28k1Kiwp1qf9djko7_500.gif

Night Slashers A beat'em up by Data East from 1993 (sadly it was never ported to any console)
lkeGQUN.gif

FVVTWCQ.gif

joySYaU.gif

69wZbrT.gif

The first Funky Fighter A completely nuts arcade game. pretty much unique and a "one of a kind".
probably the best describtion: "In this game you'll massacre sharks and crocodile men with your bare hands."
9ZKnidj.jpg

kx8nLYl.gif

nVlpkE3.gif

Night Slashers A beat'em up by Data East from 1993 (sadly it was never ported to any console)
lkeGQUN.gif

FVVTWCQ.gif

joySYaU.gif

69wZbrT.gif

The first Funky Fighter A completely nuts arcade game. pretty much unique and a "one of a kind".
probably the best describtion: "In this game you'll massacre sharks and crocodile men with your bare hands."
9ZKnidj.jpg

kx8nLYl.gif

nVlpkE3.gif

Going to check these 2 out!

I'm familiar with and have played about 60-70% of the games in this thread, and this is more of a nostalgia trip for me than some other recent threads! I would hunt down gory games, and try to find ways to convince my parents to let me play them. Playing Splatterhouse when I was in like 3rd to 5th grade was horrifying, but I still loved it! No other games from my youth have stuck with me like those with absurd amounts of gore.
Oh my god. I remember this game. There was another move where after you beheaded the guy, you could swing at the head and it would split in half and the brain would fall out.
Te multi level fatalities were the best, and have yet to be topped. I remember one of my favorites to do -

Cut the head off, as it's falling back down the guy would do a ground "rip" attack that would not only disembowel the headless enemy on the ground, but if you time it right the attack would also explode their head, causing their brain to fall back into /among their intestines.

The game itself was pretty dam rad overall, if love some sort of proper remake.

Top Bottom