• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

DagsJT

VR is all kinds of buggy for me. I'm trying to play Rush Of Blood and the sound on my earphones keeps cutting out. Kinda takes away any immersion. Really annoying.

bumpkin

I've been debating investing in a 4K TV sometime in the next year or so. What is the setting I should avoid to not have PSVR randomly blacking out?

So many games coming out in the next month, my wish list keeps growing.

Replug power and try again. If the processor unit is flashing, you can't turn on your PSVR for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion. According to Sony's support site it unfortunately looks like my processing unit is bad. I'll call them on Monday.

On a side note I had no idea the flashing light on the processing unit indicates different conditions. For example, five red flashes can mean that the processing unit is experiencing a power surge, solid red means it's overheating, etc.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...ation/ps-vr--processor-unit-light-indicators/

23qwerty

just tried superhot for the first time since the supersampling patch, hoo boy does it look so much better (on ps4 pro at least)

I have been waiting for MONTHS for the PlayStation Aim controller to become available. I was waiting on some good reviews on Farpoint before I bit, and just when I commited within a week of release, it was nowhere to be found.

Then I randomly come to NeoGaf's VR thread and someone says it's at Wal-Mat and Pi and behold it is! I grabbed it online and it sold out again within a day. Man I got so lucky!

I'm a digital only person so it stinks that they couldn't release the controller separately so I can buy the game online, but the pricing is off. According to GameStop, the controller Buy itself is $59.99 and the game is $49.99, making the bundle $30 more than buying the bundle.

Finally got around to playing Paranormal Activity last night and while it's a bit rough around the edges, it's really not a bad horror game at all. Played for about 2 hours, not finished it yet, although I hear it's not that long, so might be near the end.

It's creepy as fuck and has some decent jump scares, so probably a good job it's not a long game, couldn't take much much more of the scares lol. The graphics are ok and do the job but it could do with a resolution boost for the Pro, I hear it might be getting a patch soon though.

I've had no big problems with the tracking, it worked better than expected tbh, although I found myself facing sideways to the camera a few times, not really the hardware's fault though, I was too busy looking around the house and lost where I should have been standing.

If you love horror, it's worth checking out but for some people maybe not at full price, wait for a sale, I only got it because it had PS+ discount. After I finish it and it gets patched I'll play again to get the 2nd ending.

Should be a good game to scare friends and family with too lol.

Wollan

FF15 Monster of the Deep, The Inpatient (aka Until Dawn part 3) and Moss are the most have's for the remainder of the year for me.

And I have Rush of Blood (Until Dawn part 2) in my backlog.

MattAces

FF15 Monster of the Deep, The Inpatient (aka Until Dawn part 3) and Moss are the most have's for the remainder of the year for me.

Mine too, plus doom, skyrim, bravo team and raw data. Initially hyped for SPARC until I found out the single player is basically training mission with no bots like holoball.
*then I realize there's Megaton Rainfall, Golem, The Persistence.

iratA

Get on that shit son! Brilliant game, especially with the dual move controlers, but you may need to push past your fears on the first play through. Once you know where all the scary bits are, successive plays are more relaxed and more about enjoying the roller-coaster ride and shooting stuff. Even after all these great VR games, its still one of my all time favorites on the PSVR.

MattAces

So according to the dev and reddit, Metaworld early access is coming in September.
The dev specified it's on PSVR too for early access, how they manage to convince Sony I have no idea, or maybe they just assumed Sony will allow it.

MattAces

Power Solitaire VR
Groundbreaking solitaire game. Woohoo, I guess.
USD $4.99 all platforms
PlayStation VR [coming soon]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E954Jnu3qD0

CaptureCC-2560x1440.png

CaptureH-2560x1440.png

PowerSolitaireVR-capture-M2.png

PowerSolitaireVR-capture-M1.png

newjeruse

Shot in the dark: does anyone have or know of someone who has a spare processing unit they're willing to sell? My new puppy chewed mine up.

MattAces

Shot in the dark: does anyone have or know of someone who has a spare processing unit they're willing to sell? My new puppy chewed mine up.

Talk to Sony very patiently and politely. Maybe tell them if it's not under warranty, you'll just pay for the repair and they will replace it. Their service center has everything prepared for replacement. They have a brand new headset prepared just for replacement.

TheMan

I have been waiting for MONTHS for the PlayStation Aim controller to become available. I was waiting on some good reviews on Farpoint before I bit, and just when I commited within a week of release, it was nowhere to be found.

Then I randomly come to NeoGaf's VR thread and someone says it's at Wal-Mat and Pi and behold it is! I grabbed it online and it sold out again within a day. Man I got so lucky!

I'm a digital only person so it stinks that they couldn't release the controller separately so I can buy the game online, but the pricing is off. According to GameStop, the controller Buy itself is $59.99 and the game is $49.99, making the bundle $30 more than buying the bundle.

Farooint is all about spiders in your face,hope you're prepared for that.

Aim controller is dope (when it works)

Everybody says that it just works perfectly!

It doesn't work perfectly for me.
I continue to have prblems with it drifting off to the left in Farpoint. You're able to fix it by shaking it lots, but it's frequently a pain for me.

Haven't had issues in Dick Wilde though, and never have this issue with Moves.

It just came to me that Paris Games Week PS Conference will probably be very PSVR focused.

Considering it's PSVR 1 year birthday and there are 4 European Studios working on unannounced/announced PSVR games (London Studio / Manchester Studio / Media Molecule / SuperMassive Games)

They will probably reveal the new move controllers there too.

Who knows what else they could reveal.

MattAces

It just came to me that Paris Games Week PS Conference will probably be very PSVR focused.

Considering it's PSVR 1 year birthday and there are 4 European Studios working on unannounced/announced PSVR games (London Studio / Manchester Studio / Media Molecule / SuperMassive Games)

If any of those are true. God damn.
Also prepare your virtual shield, because ohhh boy the live stream thread is going to be fun.

Did they remove the post immediately? Was it the seeking dawn dev?
Because if it is, here's my opinion about it:
- Farpoint was developed by an indie team, and they worked closely with Sony Japan or Sony Magic Lab for the aim controller, but most of the hardware work is done by Sony of course. So Seeking Dawn being an indie making such an ambitious game, the possibility of Sony partnering with them for a new controller bundle and game is there.
- They told me something about not wanting this to be No Man's Sky where the game is revealed too early, if they plan on revealing it when everything is confirmed, maybe they are indeed planning for a big reveal with controller.
- Seeking Dawn dev, I believe is based in China. From what they've said so far, they seem to be only talking with Sony China, there's no R&D there, maybe they are working with Sony Japan?
- The game was still in certification last we heard, sounds like they haven't even receive their dev kit. Plus they refuse to officially announce Sony as their partner, if they have a dev kit, for sure they will do that.
- I saw one reply about "this is just a speculation based on Sony's past". Just to contain the situation? Or they are indeed speculating.
- Unless they are critical and working very closely with Sony for the new controller (like Farpoint), I don't see why Sony would even bother to share any news with them, since they were in the process of getting their game certified.

My money is on the dev is just speculating and he have no idea about anything at all.

Planet

Skyrim VR is nice, but needs work. No HUD, no loot, and without trying hard I managed to teleport right outside the map. Had to find a crack to teleport back in... XD

Other than that, could be a ton of fun. Probably much better with a controller, Moves only for a short burst of immersion.

MattAces

Skyrim VR is nice, but needs work. No HUD, no loot, and without trying hard I managed to teleport right outside the map. Had to find a crack to teleport back in... XD

Other than that, could be a ton of fun. Probably much better with a controller, Moves only for a short burst of immersion.

Seems unlikely it will be released this year, unless that was the E3 build.
Did you talk to the dev about movement option?
How was the graphic, Pro or standard.

Planet

Of course it was the old build, they wouldn't make a new version just for Gamescom, better concentrate on the final product.

Graphics were fine, didn't ask which model, suppose Pro. And naturally they talked about movement options, those will be there.

MattAces

Of course it was the old build, they wouldn't make a new version just for Gamescom, better concentrate on the final product.

Graphics were fine, didn't ask which model, suppose Pro. And naturally they talked about movement options, those will be there.

I mean PSMove movement option, as in free movement. Since it wasn't in the E3 build, curious if they are actually working on an option for this.

Planet

It is the e3 build, thus no options yet. They only knew about the DualShock support, after all it's only booth staff with limited information...

MattAces

Monster of the deep delayed.
November 21. Wouldn't be FFXV if it wasn't delayed. Sept to Nov again.
4100jpy, expect it to be around $40. Smashbox Arena cost $29.99 and 2999jpy. Superhot $24.99 and 2499jpy.
Are they fucking serious? I'm out if it's not in season pass.
No mention of season pass. This is a standalone game.

Edit: It's listed as MYR95 in Malaysia store. That's the largest price difference ever. That's like $23.
DH0ad83VoAAqFWe.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor

I'm looking forward to Paris Games Week this year for sure. Here's hoping they blow the lid off some of the internal projects and Dreams PSVR mode.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It doesn't work perfectly for me.
I continue to have prblems with it drifting off to the left in Farpoint. You're able to fix it by shaking it lots, but it's frequently a pain for me.

Haven't had issues in Dick Wilde though, and never have this issue with Moves.

JUST played the game last night after getting my shipment and it also works for my great like 95% of the time.

MattAces

You can literally hear her mental gears slowing down and come to a halt as Jim Ryan put her to sleep in real time haha. Can't believe they didn't have her try it though, talk about a missed opportunity.

I can't imagine they would want to film her reaction and stuff. It will destroy her image so badly.

I've been debating investing in a 4K TV sometime in the next year or so. What is the setting I should avoid to not have PSVR randomly blacking out?

So many games coming out in the next month, my wish list keeps growing.

Quoting this in the hope of an answer if there is one.
The random blackouts on the headset device whilst playing on PSVR are damn annoying.

FDC1

FFXV: Monster of the Deep is available for preorder in Europe (30 euros). Bonus for preordering are a theme and an in-game samurai gear

Top Bottom