• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I mean that they play better than i do. I'm not above that adimitting that i'm getting outplayed quite often. And that Silver 4 player likely has hundreds of mor games played than me.

Practice and play better

Don't play to win. Play to get better.

jerd

This is where I feel like riots initial placement system really fails people. Most get placed b1/S5 in their first season and just don't need to be there yet. Then they get placed b5, where they actually should be, the next season and can't get out and are frustrated. I kinda think everyone should start at b5 but I guess that would fuck their games up. Idk

Newt

This is where I feel like riots initial placement system really fails people. Most get placed b1/S5 in their first season and just don't need to be there yet. Then they get placed b5, where they actually should be, the next season and can't get out and are frustrated. I kinda think everyone should start at b5 but I guess that would fuck their games up. Idk
I've played in bronze 5 (through means) and I gotta say, bronze 5 is not fun to play in. Was like 13-1, got a penta and still had a hard time winning that game.

zkylon

zkylewd

it's a couple things:
- ppl don't like losing
- ppl rather blame others than themselves
- negative bias
- riot separating ranking from mmr is confusing

jerd

Maybe make people have mastery levels on x amount of champs first? There's gotta be a way to actually make sure people are ready to play ranked before queuing up instead of just diving in as soon as they hit 30. I know it ultimately doesn't matter but I just think it would save some people a lot of frustration

Newt

I actually recommend playing ranked as soon as you hit 30, especially if you want to improve. Players who play normals all day can't really improve (unless it's like learning a champ or something) because normal games are usually just troll fests with super unbalanced teams.

kayos90

I actually recommend playing ranked as soon as you hit 30, especially if you want to improve. Players who play normals all day can't really improve (unless it's like learning a champ or something) because normal games are usually just troll fests with super unbalanced teams.

I agree with this. If people want to practice champions then in all honesty I just tell them to go Flex Queue if they really don't want it to affect their solo queue rank.

Going back on the Bronze 5 conversation. If I was placed in Bronze 5, I would have a really hard time coming out of it unless I played top exclusively.

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe make people have mastery levels on x amount of champs first? There's gotta be a way to actually make sure people are ready to play ranked before queuing up instead of just diving in as soon as they hit 30. I know it ultimately doesn't matter but I just think it would save some people a lot of frustration
they already do that by forcing u to have x number of champions

in the end it's up to people to choose what kind of player they want to be

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
those malzahar and brand and ziggs skins are weird

can't tell who's who
Ziggs is easy to recognize for me but Brand is just...??? One of the most egregious examples of a skin not holding the identity of a champ.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ziggs is easy to recognize for me but Brand is just...??? One of the most egregious examples of a skin not holding the identity of a champ.
yeah brand in particular was pretty bad

i feel riot's been too loose with this stuff lately

those commando yordle skins are also way too samey for my taste

kayos90

Uh... Some of these buffs are clearly experimental... Also, Tank Akali is goign to come back probably this meta.

killatopak

finally played a game after a a few weeks break. Holy moly is dusk blade op. I literally(not literally, especially tanks) one shot everyone.

Edit: OH MY LORD THAT NASUS BUFF. Make it bonus armor at the very least.

killatopak

fuck. I dunno if it's riot or garena at fault here but I got dc midway through a game and I can't log back in. Like it's not even the reconnect page. I'm just stuck at the heimerdinger login.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
might uninstall soon, normals are unplayable with riot's garbage matchmaking and none of the other modes are worth playing consistently

and these patch notes are not helping either, akali needs nerfs to her early game if anything

Newt

might uninstall soon, normals are unplayable with riot's garbage matchmaking and none of the other modes are worth playing consistently

and these patch notes are not helping either, akali needs nerfs to her early game if anything
I mean, why even play normals? Just do ranked lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Soulblighterr

Neo Member
new player here

played hots and vainglory, enjoyed them but ready for something meatier

is this a good list for heroes to start with? i own some of them (morgana, eiko, leona)

https://www.pcgamesn.com/leagueoflegends/best-league-legends-champion-beginners

thanks!

That list so shit lol

Here's what I would recommend for a new player,

Annie - Support or mid lane.
Ashe, Sivir, Miss Fortune - ADC.
Malphite, Dr. Mundo - Top lane tanks. I don't play tank characters that much so, someone else can recommend more
Sona, Blitzcrank, Janna, Leona - Support.

This isn't a complete list, fyi.

All of them are pretty straightforward. If you are just starting out you might want to try out all the characters in free rotation anyway, to see which characters you like the most.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Those champions are fine but if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about picks. Just play whatever looks fun to start out.

The information in the article is wildly out of date so it's not even really applicable to the game now. Generally speaking just try whatever is free for the week that looks cool.

That list so shit lol

Here's what I would recommend for a new player,

Annie - Support or mid lane.
Ashe, Sivir, Miss Fortune - ADC.
Malphite, Dr. Mundo - Top lane tanks. I don't play tank characters that much so, someone else can recommend more
Sona, Blitzcrank, Janna, Leona - Support.

All of them are pretty straightforward. If you are just starting out you might want to try out all the characters anyway, to see which characters you like the most.

thanks, appreciate it! will grind out some currency while trying the free heroes

is Vi a tanky hero?

PiU02DS.png

Early Bird Guts the Worm
zKV5vwu.png

zkylon

zkylewd
new player here

played hots and vainglory, enjoyed them but ready for something meatier

is this a good list for heroes to start with? i own some of them (morgana, eiko, leona)

https://www.pcgamesn.com/leagueoflegends/best-league-legends-champion-beginners

thanks!
the game actually gives you a selection of champions to play for free during your first few levels so don't really buy anything until you like them

after that you'll get different champions for free every week to try out, i'd suggest you just try what's free and buy whoever you like

don't spend money on the game until you're happy with it and the champion you're buying

Early Bird Guts the Worm
zKV5vwu.png

do you really have a mordekaiser desktop background lol

why

oh that hecarim skin is hextech exclusive, lame
hextech exclusive shit is the absolute worst

i play almost daily and i still only have 5 gems which i hear is actually kind of a lot?

such a shitty ass system meant to swindle ppl out of their money

I HAVE MANY LEAGUE BACKGROUNDS SAVED OK

RIGHT NOW IT'S A CAITLYN STRAWBERRY CONCEPT

I have like 2000 wallpapers it randomly cycles through >_>

edit: My last game was 6 months ago, only 3 have been released since I last played? Huh. Could've sworn it was more.

Top Bottom