• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda-zebra

Placed a gamestop.ie order, thanks to whoever posted the info above. A bit expensive to UK, but a small premium to be sure of getting one is fine.

Might be a dumb question, but will the italian SNES Classic have an english option?

IIRC everything is exclusively in English, exactly same as US version game-wise.

Aske

Anyone know what I'd need to get a Euro SNES Mini to work on a North American TV? Just a power supply converter? I grew up with the Euro version of the console, and the weird lilac NA design has no nostalgia value to me. I need my colourful buttons!

MikeBison

America is definitely going to get that official line from Nintendo about no preorder allocation but please look forward to buying it on release day from your retailer of choice, the same as the NES mini.

Ninja Dom

Japanese Starfox 2 box art from Nintendo Japan.

00000703_23.jpg

maxcriden

Anyone know what I'd need to get a Euro SNES Mini to work on a North American TV? Just a power supply converter? I grew up with the Euro version of the console, and the weird lilac NA design has no nostalgia value to me. I need my colourful buttons!

I'm not sure if you'd even need that, since I believe you can just plug in the USB to your TV or a USB adapter (but I'd be glad to be corrected if wrong as I don't want to give you the wrong info).

panda-zebra

It's USB-powered, no issue.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Nothing. It's HDMI and powered by USB. Heck, the EU model doesn't come with the power adaptor so you'd have to provide your own anyway (or plug it into the TV)

Nothing. It's USB powered and uses an HDMI. You're good to go dude :)

Jazzem

Just a USB port or an American USB plug adapter is all you'd need, the HDMI signal should be 60Hz regardless of system and the power is just sourced via standard USB

EDIT: Welp, beaten several times ha. Glad folks abroad get to enjoy the SFC design :D

USB Powered

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
5ft cables for the controllers seems like a stupid idea for people like me where their couch is like 10ft away from their television. Do Nintendo expect us to sit on the floor or something?

Son Of D

Filled out all the junk then it said Ireland or England.......thought they might ship to the USA lol
I'll be unpopular for this but good. US-GAF would bitch if non Americans were "taking their stock" but they're happy to preorder from non US stores.

Just an update on availability in the UK, I popped in to Game and you can still pre-order it in-store however the deposit price has been incorrectly set on the till at £50 (normally reserved for high price hardware) rather than the usual £10/20 for lower price hardware. So, if you're desperate and don't mind about paying most of the price up front you can get an order in, otherwise you might want to wait a few days and see if they fix it.

5ft cables for the controllers seems like a stupid idea for people like me where their couch is like 10ft away from their television. Do Nintendo expect us to sit on the floor or something?

Sitting on floor looking up is the true way to get your nostalgia on and feel like a kid again.

I got extension cables for my NES classic

LiK

you don't need to worry about any of that.

Necro900

Japanese Starfox 2 box art from Nintendo Japan.

00000703_23.jpg

Looks cool!

I know the snes classic should have a much further into development version of SF2 compared to what's on the internet, but what are the odds they actually went back to the code and finished the development of the game?

Just an update on availability in the UK, I popped in to Game and you can still pre-order it in-store however the deposit price has been incorrectly set on the till at £50 (normally reserved for high price hardware) rather than the usual £10/20 for lower price hardware. So, if you're desperate and don't mind about paying most of the price up front you can get an order in, otherwise you might want to wait a few days and see if they fix it.

Thanks for the tip although I think I'd rather go without than go in there, seriously.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

I think they expect us to give this to children as a gift, or to take on family trips, or to use at a computer desk. Not meant to be a replacement for the original. Plus, if the controller cable were longer, it wouldn't work as well when used with a wiimote.

Plus there are extension cables.

The longer this goes on, the more likely it seems that Nintendo is going to stiff the US on pre-orders AGAIN. Amazing scenes. I will look forward to the desperate tales of woe from the US members of this forum.

That'll learn ya to steal our fuckin' pre-orders ya septic bastards!*

*insulting text not intended to be taken seriously

missfuuchan

Neo Member

I'm not sure this is strictly true, even if it is what your local has told you - we pre-ordered it at our local store last night for £10 and all went through the tills fine, I suspect GAME have just upped the deposit.

LiK

Def try to get preorders in with any UK/EU retailers that ship to NA. I don't trust NoA at all. Sorry UK/EU, but it sucks over here.

JP

Just pre-ordered at smythstoys.com. They do an Amazon style pre-order promise so I'm hoping they erroneously drop the price to £7.99 at some point. :)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I already bought a Raspberry Pi in response to the NES Classic fiasco.
Easy pass.

Laws00

Just pre-ordered at smythstoys.com. They do an Amazon style pre-order promise so I'm hoping they erroneously drop the price to £7.99 at some point. :)

Gtgey don't ship to the USA right?

I tried looking for international. Wasn't going to fill anything out anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom