• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Musou/Warriors announced

Hector and Lyn or no purchase from me. Have genuine concern it will only focus on awakening and fates which makes me lose all interest if that's the case.

L95

What if they manage to pull another TMSFE and this game is actually about a bunch of Japanese cosplayers reenacting FE battles

I'll actually be incredibly pissed if its like TMS and we get nothing but Akaenia/Awakening/Fates characters. The GBA/GCN/SNES characters deserve representation as well.

Are we pretending that Fire Emblem was even released outside of Japan before 2003?

I mean outside of a few characters appearing in Smash, there was no Fire Emblem in the West until after the turn of the millennium.

Since characters from the GCN and onwards era are the only ones people in the West know about, no one should be surprised they will be the ones in this musou.

This was my most hype announcement for sure, always wanted a Fire Emblem Warriors game and now we're getting one I'm so fucking pumped!

Zalman

Very excited for this! I loved Hyrule Warriors, and Fire Emblem was always next on my wishlist. Glad it's coming out this year.

I had heard the Hyrule Warriors team split between DQH2 and Attack on Titan, so I am guessing a core team started work on this and the rest filtered in when their projects ended.

Surprised they announced DQH 1/2 and this but not Musou All-Stars.

10 years ago I would've been hyped as hell for this, but seeing the direction the series has been taking, this is gonna be 90% Awakening/Fates characters and 10% everything else. We'll see, I guess.

McNum

If it has some of the Empire's series mechanics im in. If not... In in when its cheap.
What does the Empire series do? Does it have a strategy game part?

Honestly, I do wonder what the grindy part of the game will be. Hyrule Warriors had Adventure Mode which made sense for a Zelda spinoff. Will Fire Emblem Warriors have a strategy game side?

massoluk

Banned

Honestly, I do wonder what the grindy part of the game will be. Hyrule Warriors had Adventure Mode which made sense for a Zelda spinoff. Will Fire Emblem Warriors have a strategy game side?
Usually territorial development, allocating troops, promoting generals, marriage. Not that deep though, more like pile everything on the frontline like Risk.

RRockman

Banned
Those GBA Crits in HD 3d is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooo good! Can't wait for Hector, Roy and Lyndis. I do hope we can get their original costumes because some of the latest designs for these characters really suck. Like Micaiah for example.

I really hope we get key people from the games too and not just the lords. I NEED Pent, Hawkeye, and Nino to be playable.

Protome

It has a really basic strategy game part where you are managing resources, recruiting units and then when you go into battles it switches the usual Musou stuff.

Riposte

I think the majority of the roster will be Awakenings/Fates characters. I believe that for many, including myself, those are the games that got them into the series.

This shit is why I don't give a fuck about the FE cameos in TMS #FE. Everything is Marth's era or the new era, neither of which contain my favorite characters. If we are lucky, we'll get Smash Bros, like Ike and maybe Lyn. Hector isn't too unlikely, but the fact it's even in question annoys me. Fucking Chrom, man, such a nothing character. And Corrin lol.

Wonder if/how many characters will be locked behind amiibos.

NeonZ

It has a really basic strategy game part where you are managing resources, recruiting units and then when you go into battles it switches the usual Musou stuff.

In the battle itself, you also can give orders to other officers if you're playing with a high ranking unit (the specific rankings were different in DW7E and 8E), and it adds some battlefield related special commands, like improving keeps, setting up ambushes, setting fire on the enemy camp... although the best ones often are standard stat power ups.

Why are they forcing Chrom on us instead of Marth?

They showed Marth's Falchion in the trailer. Chrom was likely shown because he has gotten shafted compared to Lucina post-Awakening.

That's...tricky. Mechanically speaking, characters in Fire Emblem are differentiated by two factors: Stats and Personality. The latter isn't too hard to replicate assuming they go with a Dragon Quest Heroes-esque levelling system. Likewise, if they give unique skills or even unique specials like they did in Fates, that could work to differentiate between them beyond being simple palette swaps of the same character. The problem is how they handle the latter given that they're more than likely to adopt a system similar to supports if they're going to bother including these characters, especially given the potential banter between Roy and Eliwood ("So...who is your mothe-OH LOOK AT ALL THESE MONSTERS DAD CAN'T TALK BYE"). We saw how bad the overall writing could get in a main entry with Fates so while I did enjoy most of the characters (Soleil notwithstanding), i'm a little wary of the writing quality if they go with a ton of characters as opposed to a more focused cast and conversations.

Warriors Orochi 3 had something very similar to Fire Emblem's support system - take characters to battle together and they build bonds eventually unlocking a conversation. The main issue is that everything was voiced so most conversations were very short. Aside from that though, generally there are many quotes said during the battle itself, like asking for help, thanking for it, boasting about defeating an enemy and others. Characters that have ties generally having specific lines in those situations (like father and son, or lord and servant).

I guess it'll depend on whether this game will be fully voiced, like most Warrior titles, or if they'll go the HW route and only voice generic shouts and cries.

McNum

Usually territorial development, allocating troops, promoting generals, marriage. Not that deep though, more like pile everything on the frontline like Risk.

And now I'm imagining a Fire Emblem style grid where you play turn based, except each unit represents an entire platoon and fights are done Musou style. Chrom might be a playable champion, but his platoon includes all the Shepherds, for instance.

It's nice to dream.

Luigiv

Gonna be honest, when I saw the Koei Tecmo logo pop up, I thought, "Alright, Hyrule Warriors Perfect."

Dream game. Can't wait!

Yeah I though the same. Given Team Ninja is involved again, I guess this is from the same team as Hyrule Warriors. Guess it'll be a while before we get a sequel then.

This shit is why I don't give a fuck about the FE cameos in TMS #FE. Everything is Marth's era or the new era, neither of which contain my favorite characters. If we are lucky, we'll get Smash Bros, like Ike and maybe Lyn. Hector isn't too unlikely, but the fact it's even in question annoys me. Fucking Chrom, man, such a nothing character. And Corrin lol.

Wonder if/how many characters will be locked behind amiibos.
I'd be gobsmacked if there's more than 1 character each from Magvel and Jugdral.

Hector and Lyn or no purchase from me. Have genuine concern it will only focus on awakening and fates which makes me lose all interest if that's the case.

its a musou game. they will pack in all the characters there is to hide the fact that the game is a bore ... on a serious note the games have been much better recently. berserk was still a dissapointment.
Yeah I though the same. Given Team Ninja is involved again, I guess this is from the same team as Hyrule Warriors. Guess it'll be a while before we get a sequel then.

enhanced port maybe? but if this is 2017 as well I think the chances are slim (similar to xenoblade x)

Protome

And now I'm imagining a Fire Emblem style grid where you play turn based, except each unit represents an entire platoon and fights are done Musou style. Chrom might be a playable champion, but his platoon includes all the Shepherds, for instance.

It's nice to dream.

If they put the effort into it that the Zelda one got, that might end up being a thing.

Top Bottom