• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

20% off raid passes. Not too shabby...

Although one has to ponder whether it's worth it now that legendary raids require legendary raid passes...

Gonna go crazy with catching once the Go Fest rewards go up.
Want to get enough stardust to power up 2 Tyranitar (plus 2 high IV Larvitar I need to evolve), 3 Machamp, 3 Golem, 2 Exeggutor, 1 Alakazam, and potentially my Scizors (best Celebi counter) and Omastars, but those ones need moveset rerolls.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I took a break from PoGo for a couple months but am tuning back in for the event tomorrow and legendaries. I am really surprised by how the meta has changed. (Golem is desirable now? And it looks like Vaporeon was nerfed hard?)

Any advice on how best to spend my resources? I have about 850k stardust that I was saving up until the gym rework. In terms of candies, 800 larvitar, 870 dratini, 480 snorlax, 580 exeggcute, 870 eevee. I have two good Golems, 1 good Machamp

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Started back about a month or so ago, but really been playing off and on these past few weeks especially since I'm trying to be more active.

So far so good. I'm waaayyy behind most of you hardcore Poke Go GAFers. Finally went from 19 to 20. Just took over my first gym under the new rules. Also got my first Totodile on my walk tonight!

screenshot_20170721-2t6xs7.png

screenshot_20170721-2eyxtz.png

The cheapest box is the one that gets the biggest discount on raid passes and that's all I care about.
Incense and lures are pretty boring seeing it's really just extra Pidgey and Rattata, and I have 100+ Pinap at all times anyway.

I was plowing through Pinaps when I was still frequenting nests, but my last couple Pokémon don't spawn on nests, so I'm building up a big stock-pile too. Will be nice when gen 3 hits, but for now I certainly don't need too many more.

If the raid boss buff is permanent, then yikes. We have an active local group in the middle of central LA and it's already a pain to get 4 to 5 people out during the weekday, not sure what would happen if it now takes 10 people to take down a Snorlax...

robochimp

The forecast for GO fest looks good, but tonight over the course of three hours the forecast is for 5 inches of rain. It's going to be soggy tomorrow.

The forecast for GO fest looks good, but tonight over the course of three hours the forecast is for 5 inches of rain. It's going to be soggy tomorrow.
I'm so glad it's cleared up a bunch! I'm probably gonna head there around 7 so it'll be rainy while I'm in line but it still beats the all day storms that were predicted last week.

Joni

See, I want a line-up like that, but Dragonite and Snorlax are out of reach, Tyrannitar is still 20 candy away. I need a T4 raid win to get one, maybe I can use my candy on it.

Nothing as of yet. We still don't know which legendaries will be available and how strong they will be (though chances are it's Lugia and the birds.)

Advice for strong Raids is welcome as well. I never got into gyms in the past, so I really wasted time on getting strong fighters.

More transfering your strong Pokemon so I don't feel as intimidated by your line up

I just spent half a million stardust on the top ones to help me, so it is manageable to get there.

So just if I get it right, today all people besides the ones in Chicage have 3 time windows which east last 30min in which they have to catch as many Pokemon as possible. Is that all that global players have to do today? When do we get rewards like douple XP, stardust etc. Is this also today or will this start tomorrow?

Firemind

"investigating"
"issue"

*dons tin foil hat*
Someone on Reddit made an interesting comment about how Niantic may have accidentally applied the new legendary raid boss mechanic to ALL raid bosses. There's a decent chance legendaries will be more difficult to take down than T-Tar, even though they have lower total CP, because of the rubberbanding health mechanic people have experienced.

So just if I get it right, today all people besides the ones in Chicage have 3 time windows which east last 30min in which they have to catch as many Pokemon as possible. Is that all that global players have to do today? When do we get rewards like douple XP, stardust etc. Is this also today or will this start tomorrow?
Yeah, it doesnt indicate when the bonuses start. Id assume right away.

So when the Go event starts all I have to do is go out and catch whatever type Pokémon is being caught at the event? I'm by myself today but curious enough to "parcipate" ti see if there are any rewards.

Christ fuck

How do you guys have that much stardust? i'm always struggling here :(

And i play everyday
Catch everything you see^^
Caught over 20k Pokemon so far
I'm also struggeling with stardust. Always spend it as soon as I got enough.

I can only participate during one of the 30min periods. Hope there will be something soecial tomorrow.

gutshot

So when the Go event starts all I have to do is go out and catch whatever type Pokémon is being caught at the event? I'm by myself today but curious enough to "parcipate" ti see if there are any rewards.

If you are not at Go Fest it doesn't matter what type of Pokemon you catch. Just catch everything you see during the challenge windows.

GulAtiCa

I'll be helping out in catching all I can out here in GA starting at noon for 2 hours. Going to a wedding tonight, so won't have much of chance to check out what's going on.

Just spent 20 bucks on this game. First time I ever spent something for a mobile or F2P game. Feels right, had so much fun so far with this game. Having them coins feels good man. Got the box with 6 raid passes, stocked up my inventory to 1000 and got one incubator. Gonna save up the rest for some sales or when I need them.

Joni

Spent two hours catching Pokémon, I hope they count for the challenge. Managed to get a good and powerful Hat Pikachu so he could become a Hat Raichu.
Hatched a Phanphy so I could upgrade my Donphan twice more. It is now my 7th Pokémon. I'll have to use it instead of Golem.

Hope you saved up those golden razz and rare candies!

Got 10 Golden Razz berries ready. So I assume I will catch the legendary on the 11th ball, without the Razz.

Top Bottom