• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Tom Penny

Cleavland needs a playmaker

Raptors need a clutch closer who can actually put the ball on the ground.

The salary would destroy Cleveland though
Toronto would be soft as hell and win nothing. How are two guys that play no D and need 25 shots going to lead a team to anything?

mjp2417

Banned
Irving for Isaiah. Ainge should be on the phone right now.

Zach Lowe proposed IT, Crowder, and either the Brooklyn or SAC/LAL pick which I think is actually a little too much for Kyrie tbh. I still like IT, Crowder, Smart, and one of Boston's non-elite 1st rounders + whatever filler is required to make the money work on both ends.

They'd have to throw in Crowder and a pick at a minimum.

That's an interesting trade. It would clear up a bit of the logjam at the wing but we'd still be short on bigs.

Edit:

"Suns guard Brandon Knight has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee and could miss the entire season, league source tells ESPN." -@WojESPN

They'd have to throw in Crowder and a pick at a minimum.

That's a bad trade for the Celtics. IT had a better season than Irving last year according to 82games simple rating (9.5 for IT, 6.8 for Irving), he had a much better box plus/minus (5.4 vs. 2.9), better VORP... Basically every single advanced stat favors IT. Irving is younger and he did hit that one shot in the Finals, but that's not a good trade unless Danny thinks IT's hip is FUBAR.

Ainge ain't paying Isiah
I'd rather have two/three years of Kyrie than one year of Isiah

Kyrie
Jaylen/Tatum
Hayward
Horford/Morris
Baynes/Zizac 🐐

Starting 5 makes LeBron shook

I'd trade Isiah , Crowder, Lakers pick and shitty picks for Kyrie

That's a bad trade for the Celtics. IT had a better season than Irving last year according to 82games simple rating (9.5 for IT, 6.8 for Irving), he had a much better box plus/minus (5.4 vs. 2.9), better VORP... Basically every single advanced stat favors IT. Irving is younger and he did hit that one shot in the Finals, but that's not a good trade unless Danny thinks IT's hip is FUBAR.

IT had a real coach though.

Irving is nearly 5 years younger than IT and signed up for an extra year where he'll be cheaper than a maxed out IT. Even if short term it's a wash or even a bit of a downgrade in terms of production (status of IT's hip tbd) it might be a move that helps to better bridge the gap between the present and future for Boston. Kyrie is a guy that can help you win now with HoFord and Heyward, and should still be around and in his prime for when Jaylen, Jayson and the other "assets" mature and develop.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Irving is nearly 5 years younger than IT and signed up for an extra year where he'll be cheaper than a maxed out IT. Even if short term it's a wash or even a bit of a downgrade in terms of production (status of IT's hip tbd) it might be a move that helps to better bridge the gap between the present and future for Boston. Kyrie is a guy that can help you win now with HoFord and Heyward, and should still be around and in his prime for when Jaylen, Jayson and the other "assets" mature and develop.

who looks better naked though

He's a little over 3 years younger than IT, not quite nearly 5 years. But yeah, he'd be a better fit due to age and his height makes him a surer bet to decline less steeply than IT during the course of his next contract. Not sure he's worth what Cleveland is likely asking Boston for him though. If the price is IT, Crowder and the lower Lakers or Nets pick with a top 5 protection, I'd do that. Unprotected pick and Cleveland chooses which? No fucking way.

http://i.imgur.com/Q15GFs5.png

Rockets sub tried to spell out Melo but accidentally did Elmo and now its a meme

Elmo will come soon, as predicted by Burt Steele.

Should be about 11 more minutes.

Also, check Morey's twitter, I swear he was intentionally trolling everyone with the 5:45 eastern time tweet

More like trolls spammed upvotes to force a misspell.

Started off natural, then everyone decided we liked Elmo more

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Cavs are not going to trade Kyrie for IT, cut the madness.

Boston fans can keep writing your fanfiction though.

Tatum would have to be included, for the Cavs to even pick up the phone.

That contract for Crabbe... the Nets.... I ..... what..... um....

Crabbe is a decent player, who they are exchanging for a terrible player in Nicholson. Essentially, they reduce Crabbe's cap hit to make his salary around $12 million by exchanging a TERRIBLE overpriced but cheaper player for a decent/good but overpriced contract.

Crabbe also apparently seems to like Brooklyn, given that he waived his trade kicker for them

Cavs are not going to trade Kyrie for IT, cut the madness.

Boston fans can keep writing your fanfiction though.

Tatum would have to be included, for the Cavs to even pick up the phone.

Main reason is that neither side would want to risk being the loser in that deal - they're both directly competing

SaviorX

What are the chances Nets actually make playoffs as an 8th seed? 🤔

They attempted the 4th most 3s last season, but didn't have the talent for them to fall...Brook lopez shot like 400 of them at 34%...their center! Maybe with some defense (DeMarre Carrol) and some offense (Russell, Crabbe) they can make a go of it?

Giant question marks at Center/PF though.

Bacon

What are the chances Nets actually make playoffs as an 8th seed? 🤔

They attempted the 4th most 3s last season, but didn't have the talent for them to fall...Brook lopez shot like 400 of them at 34%...their center! Maybe with some defense (DeMarre Carrol) and some offense (Russell, Crabbe) they can make a go of it?

Giant question marks at Center/PF though.

i mean it's possible. A few trash teams are bound to make the playoffs in the east.

K.Jack

Main reason is that neither side would want to risk being the loser in that deal - they're both directly competing

Exactly, there isn't enough cocaine in the world, that get the Cavs to trade with Boston.

To protect their interests the Cavs would have to ask for something insane like IT, Tatum, one of Crowder/Brown, a couple firsts. And they know Boston wouldn't accept that.

There's no point in the two sides even talking.

Exactly, there isn't enough cocaine in the world, that get the Cavs to trade with Boston.

To protect their interests the Cavs would have to ask for something insane like IT, Tatum, one of Crowder/Brown, a couple firsts. And they know Boston wouldn't accept that.

There's no point in the two sides even talking.

I don't think they'll make a deal but smart GM's shouldn't be scared of trading with a competitor if the move makes them better.

I don't think they'll make a deal but smart GM's shouldn't be scared of trading with a competitor if the move makes them better.

image.php

You really expect a deal with Danny would ever make the Cavs better?

Cheebo

Banned
i mean it's possible. A few trash teams are bound to make the playoffs in the east.
People keep saying this but I don't see it at all. East is weaker but no trash tier low 30 something win team will make it unless there are some major injuries. I expect the 8th spot will go to a team around 40 wins.

We have locks:
Cavs
Celtics
Wizards
Bucks
Raptors

Then we have these teams which all look to be about 500 or better:
Heat
Pistons
Hornets

That's 8 teams. And even then we have teams like Philly is everything goes well could also be a 500 team.

Tom Penny

Kyrie an IT are very similar in production except you save loot because by today's standards Kyrie is pretty cheap vs Max IT. Also I don't think IT can have a better season than last year and you could get peak Kyrie for 3 years because Stevens is that dude at coaching.

mjp2417

Banned
People keep saying this but I don't see it at all. East is weaker but no trash tier low 30 something win team will make it unless there are some major injuries. I expect the 8th spot will go to a team around 40 wins.

We have locks:
Cavs
Celtics
Wizards
Bucks
Raptors

Then we have these teams which all look to be about 500 or better:
Heat
Pistons
Hornets

That's 8 teams. And even then we have teams like Philly is everything goes well could also be a 500 team.
There are two or three teams in the East that the Nets might be better than (Hawks, Bulls and the Melo-less Knicks). I mean they're not even close to the fucking Orlando Magic.

K.Jack

But would you take the trade I laid out? Take IT, Tatum, Brown, Crowder, and the Cavs get to pick 3.

That's the only way the Cavs do it.

Top Bottom