• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

That lineup isn't better.Upgrading from JR to Melo isn't enough to make up for downgrading massively from Kyrie to whats left of Rose.

Also playing defense in the olympics isn't as demanding as in the NBA.
The point of bringing Melo to a banana boat team is making him have the attitude he had in Team USA and share the rock more. It won't magically make him into a good defender.

JR isn't worth much on the starting roster. Melo is a far more polished and consistent scorer than JR...so yes, it would be a massive upgrade there. If Rose is healthy (again, that's a major caveat), him and Melo would make it a better overall team than Kyrie and JR.

It wasn't quite 1 to 1 (bunch of scrubs and picks involved) but if the Cavs do a deal like that they are beyond screwed.

Over the hill melo for almost prime Kyrie isn't as awful as prime Ray Allen for 28 games of over the hill Gary Payton but its still pretty bad.

I just mean when two all-stars swap teams, usually when an all-star gets moved it's not for equal talent but a package of potential.

Hydrus

Kyrie unfollowed LeBum on Instagram

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

I just mean when two all-stars swap teams, usually when an all-star gets moved it's not for equal talent but a package of potential.

The problem is the Cavs want a package that can help them now but also have top level young talent in it. That's very difficult to get.

Melo/Ntilikina is the best package they can get from the Knicks. I have a feeling Melo will go to Houston long before it deal like that can happen though.

The problem is the Cavs want a package that can help them now but also have top level young talent in it. That's very difficult to get.

Melo/Ntilikina is the best package they can get from the Knicks. I have a feeling Melo will go to Houston long before it deal like that can happen though.
That's what I mean, when is the last time a swap like that has happened? Allen/Payton was the closest I could think of and that was hell 15 years ago?

Melo - Kyrie won't happen. Melo-Porzingas is too much and Melo alone isn't near enough.

Kyrie for Cousins

Kyrie for Conley

Kyrie for whoever is on CLE shortlist

It's just hard to imagine what is available that would make Lebron happy.

BumRush

espn.com article said:
The Knicks have strong interest in acquiring Irving via trade, but as of Friday night, they were not willing to include Porzingis in any potential deal, league sources told ESPN. The Knicks, sources said, would consider including Anthony and future first-round picks in a package for the All-Star point guard. The Cavaliers' interest in such a package is unclear.

Would it really take Melo AND future first round picks (plural) to get Kyrie??

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20126648/scott-perry-new-york-knicks-yet-meet-james-dolan

It's just hard to imagine what is available that would make Lebron happy.

And there is your problem. The Cavs know LeBron won't be around for long so they want to prepare for the future but at the same time they need to make another win now move to placate him.

After the whole drama erupted Kyrie doesn't have enough trade value to adequately address both issues at the same time. Melo/Conley + a mid level prospect/pick just isn't enough(and no if they trade for boogie they aren't getting that pick/prospect)

There is no way the Cavs roster come outs better of from this mess. They are going to get absolutely destroyed by the Warriors next year.

Tall4Life

And there is your problem. The Cavs know LeBron won't be around for long so they want to prepare for the future but at the same time they need to make another win now move to placate him.

After the whole drama erupted Kyrie doesn't have enough trade value to adequately address both issues at the same time. Melo/Conley + a mid level prospect/pick just isn't enough(and no if they trade for boogie they aren't getting that pick/prospect)

There is no way the Cavs roster come outs better of from this mess. They are going to get absolutely destroyed by the Warriors next year.
You say that as if the Cavs will even make the finals next year.

18 CHAMPIONSHIPS HERE WE COME

Tall4Life

Not for that money.

Marks is low key killing it though. Sending ludicrous offer sheets to teams that have to match then doing salary dump deals with them for picks. In this case he even got the guy he initially gave that offer sheet to.

i dont care about money

all i care is that the nets will still fucking blow for the draft

Bread

Banned
Not for that money.

Marks is low key killing it though. Sending ludicrous offer sheets to teams that have to match then doing salary dump deals with them for picks. In this case he even got the guy he initially gave that offer sheet to.
He's got it easy, to be fair. Taking on terrible contracts doesn't take much skill.

Except he didn't get a pick, he just got the guy he signed to an offer sheet lol
The guy that got traded for Crabbe was previously dumped by the Wizards for a first rounder.

Crabbe isn't a good contract but the Nets can take it and he is a far better player than the one they gave to Portland.

Bread

Banned
The guy that got traded for Crabbe was previously dumped by the Wizards for a first rounder.

Crabbe isn't a good contract but the Nets can take it and he is a far better player than the one they gave to Portland.
Nicholson wasn't just dumped with a 1st, the trade was for Bogdanovic. Good trade by Marks but not what I'm talking about here.

Top Bottom