• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

imscore71

Neo Member
For Mario Kart, would it be better to buy the full game on Amazon Japan or buy codes adding up to the 6500yen the game is going for on the eShop?

killroy87

Hmm, did I make a huge mistake not getting Persona 5 during the amazon discount period? Now it's not discounted with prime, and I'm guessing it may be a while before we see a significant sale on it. (for reference, Mass effect Andromeda is already on for 49.99)

Fuck me if I missed out... definitely not paying $90+ with tax though, no matter how good it is.

Just keep your eye on Craigslist/Kijiji. People can probably get away with charging $60-70 for another couple weeks, but at least it's a discount.

kevin1025

Banned
Got an email saying my yakuza kiwami is now release day delivery.

Though on my order it says express shipping, and if I try to change,I get the choice between 3-5 days and 2 days delivery. Weird.

Yep, mine too. All of my older orders from before E3's past have release day delivery and express shipping, so I guess it's just locked in to that!

leeman

EBGames.ca now has pre-orders up for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe Edition. Total if you were to buy both the game ($119.99) and the Collector's Edition ($149.99 which is now sold out) separately would be $269.98. Works out just about perfectly based on exchange rate and the US' cost of $199.99. Yay, no EB tax this time ;).

PS4
https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/730635/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-deluxe-edition

Xbox One
https://www.ebgames.ca/Xbox One/Games/730636/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-deluxe-edition

Mississauga is so bleh but I did find a shopper's selling a Switch and an indie game store with both a Pro controller and a carrying case for Switch.

For Mario Kart, would it be better to buy the full game on Amazon Japan or buy codes adding up to the 6500yen the game is going for on the eShop?

If it's still 5812yen on the Amazon store than that is obviously the better choice. You pay $70 CAD total for the game.

bryt

So did anyone manage to move there doubled up switched credit games to a PS4 game? I want to move Arms to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

killroy87

So did anyone manage to move there doubled up switched credit games to a PS4 game? I want to move Arms to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Least resistence way will be to get Arms, then the next day return it with the satisfaction guarantee for MvC. Some stores are being a real pain in the ass about it, even if you want to move the credit to another Switch game (which should be no issue).

bryt

Least resistence way will be to get Arms, then the next day return it with the satisfaction guarantee for MvC. Some stores are being a real pain in the ass about it, even if you want to move the credit to another Switch game (which should be no issue).

Thanks. I'll do that.

If I lost the EB receipt with my pre-order information will I have trouble picking up my game tomorrow? I have the Edge card I used to pay it off and stuff

GunFalcon

Just got MK8 Deluxe from amazon... came a day early.

I will restate that amazon has NEVER been late for me when it comes to gaming! I live in Vancouver btw.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EBGames.ca now has pre-orders up for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe Edition. Total if you were to buy both the game ($119.99) and the Collector's Edition ($149.99 which is now sold out) separately would be $269.98. Works out just about perfectly based on exchange rate and the US' cost of $199.99. Yay, no EB tax this time ;).

PS4
https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/730...deluxe-edition

Xbox One
https://www.ebgames.ca/Xbox%20One/Ga...deluxe-edition

Wait, what's in the deluxe edition that's not in the collector's edition?

SickBoy

I don't think $200 is crazy for the 2DS XL, given that the screens are the same size as the 3DS XL.

Well, maybe I should rephrase: in a world where the N3DS XL is $240, $200 for what seems like the same system, minus 3D seems like a reasonable price. I continue to think that the New 3DS in all of its editions, except the Black Friday deal, is a bit too pricey for me.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It has nothing to do with conversion. $150 USD is too expensive as well. Looking at the announcement thread I can see I'm not alone on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom