• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

Assuming it's in stock on release day I can order games and get free same day shipping with Prime. If I pre-order it months in advance there's a chance I won't get it for days after release though.

Yeah Amazon makes no sense.

I am glad I am not the only one with issues. Being in Halifax, one-day doesn't exist, but two-day does. I do not understand why they make me contact them. I love the stuff their CSR's say:

Once the pre orders are released if the delivery estimates does not give you the fastest shipping and delivery please contact us and we will have that matter resolved. This should not be the case again as our logistics team will have a look into future orders to prevent this from happening again

Assuming it's in stock on release day I can order games and get free same day shipping with Prime. If I pre-order it months in advance there's a chance I won't get it for days after release though.

Yeah Amazon makes no sense.

You got it. Cancelled all my preorders going forward. Will just order on morning of release, still get 20% off and guaranteed to get it on release day.. Run the small risk of an item being sold out (P5 TYH edition as an example), but whatever.

Mind blown at how stupid Amazon Prime + pre-orders are. I pre-order and it provides me express shipping and a release date of May 2 to May 4. Come to today, the release date of Puyo Puyo Tetris, and it is in stock and available. Check the options for shipping, and it is available with 2-day delivery with Amazon Prime. WTF? Why would people who order it today (with Amazon Prime) get it before someone who pre-ordered it with Amazon Prime? This is beyond stupid. Amazon CSR is like, you selected "express shipping". Amazon Prime doesn't upgrade you to 2-day, if available? Beyond crazy. /rant

Yep it's beyond dumb. Still waiting on Puyo Puyo Tetris to ship as well (despite saying "shipping now" all day) but I could order another copy right now with one day shipping and gey it tmrw LOL.

You got it. Cancelled all my preorders going forward. Will just order on morning of release, still get 20% off and guaranteed to get it on release day.. Run the small risk of an item being sold out (P5 TYH edition as an example), but whatever.

Probably what I'll start doing from now on too. If Mario Kart still hasn't shipped by the time I wake up Friday morning I'll just cancel it and order a new copy with same day delivery.

vulva

Reposting this from the Puyo Puyo Tetris thread:

This is driving me insane. I'm a Canadian citizen living in the US temporarily. I want to keep all my purchases on my Switch:
A) Digital since I don't want to worry about losing things when moving back
B) On the same account so it's all together.

I can't seem to get this game no matter what I do. I've tried using my Canadian credit card and it never accepts the purchase. I've tried using a VPN so my connection appears to be coming from within Canada as well. I've tried my US card, it won't allow the card since it requires it be associated with a postal code instead of a zip code. I've tried purchasing a digital eshop card from pcgamesupply (this was the most recommended site from googling around) and the purchase keeps failing (I've only tried paypal, a little uncomfortable giving a site like this my CC info no matter how secure it looks).

Does anyone know
A) If US eshop cards work with a Canadian account
B) Any websites that sell digitally delivered Canadian eshop codes without some crazy markup
C) How to get Nintendo to accept one of my cards without requiring me to make a secondary account?

EDIT!!!!! NEVERMIND Garret Hawke linked me to paypal gifts and it saved my ass. https://www.paypal-gifts.com/en_ca/gift-cards/nintendo.html

What a great person

espher

Maybe the wrong place to ask (and I'm going to see if I can find the GAF PC thread and ask), but does anyone have any idea what a fair ask would be for a used GTX 970 and a used i5-4960k + mobo?

I just took the plunge and upgraded to an i7-7700k and 1070 and have nfi what the secondary market is like since the CAD dropped.

Thinking $250 is safe for the card, $400 for the CPU/Mobo combo based on some quick searches, but I've never really sold my old kit when it was still appealing to people since I tend to hold on to my machines for waaaay too long.

Fularu

Banned
250$ for the 970 is too expensive

You can get a brand new i5-6600k for 310$.

I think you'll have to lower your prices but you can always try first

espher

250$ for the 970 is too expensive

You can get a brand new i5-6600k for 310$.

I think you'll have to lower your prices but you can always try first

Yeah, I just legit have no idea what they're going for. I don't expect to get the ask, but those prices seem to be in the ballpark for what I'm seeing as asks. I expect to get and take an offer below those points. :)

I actually wasn't aware that was where the 6600k was sitting - good to know.

c-murph

Mind blown at how stupid Amazon Prime + pre-orders are. I pre-order and it provides me express shipping and a release date of May 2 to May 4. Come to today, the release date of Puyo Puyo Tetris, and it is in stock and available. Check the options for shipping, and it is available with 2-day delivery with Amazon Prime. WTF? Why would people who order it today (with Amazon Prime) get it before someone who pre-ordered it with Amazon Prime? This is beyond stupid. Amazon CSR is like, you selected "express shipping". Amazon Prime doesn't upgrade you to 2-day, if available? Beyond crazy. /rant

First world Amazon problems. :(
All physical releases should come with the keychains.

Especially keychains.

Moltenix

Looking to pick up various items on Amazon.

When it says "Sold by ____. Fulfilled by Amazon.", if I were to purchase items sold by various sellers, does this mean all the items are all together in some place at some Amazon warehouse? Or would I end up receiving multiple packages from different places still?

espher

re: Amazon shipping, I find it hilarious that they're such a train wreck even with Prime, whereas I just paid $0.43 to NCIX to get something shipped from BC to NB in two business days via UPS.

Just makes me seethe watching Puyo Puyo Tetris ship later than expected and knowing MK8 Deluxe is about to do the same.

When it says "Sold by ____. Fulfilled by Amazon.", if I were to purchase items sold by various sellers, does this mean all the items are all together in some place at some Amazon warehouse? Or would I end up receiving multiple packages from different places still?

Even if you buy stuff marked as "Sold by Amazon.ca," it's not a guarantee that all your items will ship from the same warehouse or at the same time--sometimes items are only available in Vancouver or Mississauga or whatever, for example. And sometimes, even if everything appears to come from the same warehouse and ship out at the same time, they STILL arrive in multiple packages.

It's possible they will consolidate your marketplace/fulfilled-by-Amazon orders into one box, but it's also possible that they'll ship separately; no one can really tell you for sure.

Moltenix

Even if you buy stuff marked as "Sold by Amazon.ca," it's not a guarantee that all your items will ship from the same warehouse or at the same time--sometimes items are only available in Vancouver or Mississauga or whatever, for example. And sometimes, even if everything appears to come from the same warehouse and ship out at the same time, they STILL arrive in multiple packages.

It's possible they will consolidate your marketplace/fulfilled-by-Amazon orders into one box, but it's also possible that they'll ship separately; no one can really tell you for sure.

Hmm that's good to know. Thanks!

It's possible you will receive multiple packages, but not likely. It depends on which amazon warehouse the items originate in. (East vs west). In any case as long as you select group my shipments together, you arent charged extra if they decide to split the shipments up.

Edit: beaten

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Call of Duty WWII is up on ebgames.ca if anyone cares...

Seems like there is an EB Exclusive Bonus or something.

https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=call+of+duty+WWII
fzcMXxol.png
250 hats and a beta code.

I feel like I am holding off on considering any preorder while I wait for the Scorpio reveal. I don't know which system I will be playing on yet.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I has the Cruze hatch yea. The design is strikingly beautiful, both inside and out. The 17" wheels look hot as hell too.

Did you really get banned? Lol what for

killroy87

i got a one-time use code from Best Buy for $45 off COD: Infinite Warfare that expires April 28, but I can't use it because the game is already on sale ($30 off, a worse deal) until May 4. So that's great.

zroid

Banned
Quote to reveal code to get $45 off Call of Duty Infinite Warfare at Bestbuy.ca (no idea if this is a good deal or not)

I'm assuming this will not take $45 off the current price, but rather make it cost $35. But I don't know.

edit: looks like the code doesn't work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maybe it's not active yet idk

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You could order it from GameStop US? They ship to Canada. Not sure if the retailers here in Canada will get it or not...

PS4
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-collectors-edition/147992

Xbox One
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-collectors-edition/147993
As long as people realize that they will get charged a brokerage fee from UPS up to two weeks after they receive their item. I haven't been spared that fee once when ordering from GS.com but it was on items I didn't care about paying it.

krae_man

Cod code works for me, just makes the game $45 off instead of $30 off. So the ad is a lie, you just save $15. Claiming the game is still $80 Msrp is dishonest.

I kind of expected this, no way anyone would sell a recent Call of Duty game for $5, even given the franchise's (relative) fall from grace lately. Also, it would've made the PC version free, which, duh, no.

I don't know if $30 is enough for me to bite on PC given that I'll only ever play it for the campaign. I don't even have Advanced Warfare because that never seems to drop far enough on PC for me to buy either.

Tapejara

Damn, using the Best Buy code on the PC version of Infinite Warfare drops it below the free shipping threshold. Only $4 for shipping, but I'm not sure if it's worth spending $38 on a phsyical copy when I'll likely be able to get it off Steam for $39.99 (and be able to refund it should there be any issues) during the next sale.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Damn, using the Best Buy code on the PC version of Infinite Warfare drops it below the free shipping threshold. Only $4 for shipping, but I'm not sure if it's worth spending $38 on a phsyical copy when I'll likely be able to get it off Steam for $39.99 (and be able to refund it should there be any issues) during the next sale.

Buy it if you actually want to play it, not just because its on sale.

Tapejara

Buy it if you actually want to play it, not just because its on sale.

Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. I do want to play the campaign, but with the shipping charge this deal isn't the one I've been waiting for. If only I could use my Reward Zone certificate on online orders, that'd drop it down to a good price.

Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. I do want to play the campaign, but with the shipping charge this deal isn't the one I've been waiting for. If only I could use my Reward Zone certificate on online orders, that'd drop it down to a good price.

It's baffling to me that Best Buy still hasn't figured this out when people have been complaining about this for the better part of a DECADE now. Canadian retail is trash. When the main reason to support Canadian retail is "Amazon is worse in some ways and will be unbearable if they get a monopoly," you know something's wrong.

Anyone else's PS4 Pro making constant noise in rest mode? This has only happened since the last system update but now it has a constant low whir no matter how long it is in rest mode. This is with USB power disabled and no games in standby.

I think what I'm getting at is has anyone dealt with Sony repairs here before? What am I in for?

Yeah mine is doing the same thing. Did you contact Sony? Would be interested to hear what they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom