• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davide

I actually never got Infinity Warfare because while the game's come on sale numerous times the more premium edition is the only way to get Modern Warfare. I wonder if that deterred a lot of other people too.

Mimosa97

Food deal

You can get a big mac or 6 nuggets or mcmuffin for 1$ with the Mcdonalds app. You have to create a new account and the coupon will show up after a few minutes.

leeman

Food deal

You can get a big mac or 6 nuggets or mcmuffin for 1$ with the Mcdonalds app. You have to create a new account and the coupon will show up after a few minutes.

What are the chances that they will also have the Super Mario Happy Meal toys at the same time? ;)

Fularu

Banned
The Reward Zone code works, but it just lowers the price by a further 15$ instead of the full 45$.

So the end price is 35$ (and you get a free shirt)

Edit : code doesn't work for the Legacy edition

Edit 2 : code brings the PC version to 29.95

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Food deal

Where's that guy with the fat Drake avatar when you need him. He always posted fast food deals then we would avatar quote him and have a good laugh.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Did you really get banned? Lol what for

Don't leave us again etta.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232738767&postcount=699

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kind of unpredictable when you're an Xbox stan.

Welcome back!

giphy.gif

So I beat BotW and called Nintendo about a joy-con repair yesterday and set everything up. I was under the impression they sent a box out and then I put the joy-con in and send it back? I haven't received a box yet. I thought I read in this thread that Nintendo sent out boxes for the repair but it's a big thread and I can't remember where I read that (or if I made it up). Can anyone here help me out? Thanks and sorry for yet another Switch related post.

baconcow

So I beat BotW and called Nintendo about a joy-con repair yesterday and set everything up. I was under the impression they sent a box out and then I put the joy-con in and send it back? I haven't received a box yet. I thought I read in this thread that Nintendo sent out boxes for the repair but it's a big thread and I can't remember where I read that (or if I made it up). Can anyone here help me out? Thanks and sorry for yet another Switch related post.

For my 3DS XL repairs, they just gave me a waybill, sent to my email.

Sealtest

I had to get my own box and had to go into purolator and fill out my own waybill. They just pay for the shipping.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Did get the email?

They dont give you shit. Gotta pack your own. Its the exact reason I havent sent mine in for repair yet, such a hassle to pack it and fill out a form at Purolator.

Maybe Ill just throw it in a bubble mailer and send it off. Fuck that box.

Purolator in my experience can provide you a mailer with no charge when you go to ship on the bill of a company. Did so for shipping to Motorola and Nintendo.

NYR

Purolator in my experience can provide you a mailer with no charge when you go to ship on the bill of a company. Did so for shipping to Motorola and Nintendo.
Yeah, I wouldn't put my joycon in one of those cardboard envelopes. Just get a box from Canada Post for $3. It's no big deal.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
I asked the McDonalds Canada twitter about the Super Mario toys and they said they are getting a different set of toys after Smurfs. Darn shame as I wanted to grab them, they look fantastic for cheap plastic!

I think it's cheaper to buy Mario Kart 8 off amazon Japan digitally than to buy it off the NA eshop?

You get it right now too.

It's about $70 all in on Amazon.co.jp Can't seem to create a link to it.

Anyone have kindle vs kobo opinions? Thinking of replacing my old kindle (that still has a physical keyboard) with one of the smaller ebook readers with built in light.

Sapiens

This means nothing :-(

It could still ship next week...

To be fair - my Puyo Tetahrisu yesterday went from preparing to shipped in one day and is on the truck as I type this. I'm optimistic I'll have Kart 8 tomorrow, but I'll have Puyo Tetris just in case.

centracore

If anyone is still looking for a Switch, all Toys R Us locations will have a minimum of 10 systems at opening tomorrow - at least that's what the flyer we received says.

To be fair - my Puyo Tetahrisu yesterday went from preparing to shipped in one day and is on the truck as I type this. I'm optimistic I'll have Kart 8 tomorrow, but I'll have Puyo Tetris just in case.

Mine has been preparing for shipment since last Friday but shipped last night.

I think it's cheaper to buy Mario Kart 8 off amazon Japan digitally than to buy it off the NA eshop?

Wow, thanks.

I'll do this over buying a physical copy for $68. Id rather own it digitally.

EDIT: Trying to do this right now and I'm sure my card is stuck processing. rip.

jokkir

Wait, it's out in Japan already and can play right now? May just buy that instead then

iiicon

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed it and I'm downloading now. The purchase went through immediately, but I'd already set up an account when I bought Disgaea 5 off Amazon.jp. Guess I'll switch my EB pre-order to Splatoon 2.

If you buy it on Amazon Japan make sure you follow the guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5y26nn/guide_how_to_get_japanese_eshop_codes_from/

I didn't follow it and I wish I did.

I didn't follow that guide. I am at the verification step. What mistake did you make?

Most people get caught up at the real Japan address. I was a little surprised at the wait for verification process and I still haven't received an email of any sort after about 30 minutes.

I ordered an eshop card previously without issue.

Mimosa97

Anyone have kindle vs kobo opinions? Thinking of replacing my old kindle (that still has a physical keyboard) with one of the smaller ebook readers with built in light.

The new kindle paperwhite is the best e-reader on the market.

Also amazon has been having some cool sales lately. I track hundreds of ebooks that I want and every month there are some of them that go on sale for as low as 2$. It's ridiculous.

Also you can always convert your books to mobi and transfer them to your kindle. You can do that via usb cable or by mailing them to an adress that's assigned to you by amazon. It's pretty handy.

Bluenoser

Hmm, did I make a huge mistake not getting Persona 5 during the amazon discount period? Now it's not discounted with prime, and I'm guessing it may be a while before we see a significant sale on it. (for reference, Mass effect Andromeda is already on for 49.99)

Fuck me if I missed out... definitely not paying $90+ with tax though, no matter how good it is.

Kyolux

Got an email saying my yakuza kiwami is now release day delivery.

Though on my order it says express shipping, and if I try to change,I get the choice between 3-5 days and 2 days delivery. Weird.

Hmm, did I make a huge mistake not getting Persona 5 during the amazon discount period? Now it's not discounted with prime, and I'm guessing it may be a while before we see a significant sale on it. (for reference, Mass effect Andromeda is already on for 49.99)

Fuck me if I missed out... definitely not paying $90+ with tax though, no matter how good it is.

Check and post on the BST, kijiji, rfd. There's probably some buyers remorse out there for new persona players (it is a little overwhelming for newcomers)

Tell that to my 110 hours save file.

Lol. Thats awesome. My second persona and I love every minute of it.

Toronto/Mississauga - EBs may have Switch in stock. Friend called to tell me he got that the last one after lunch today. May want to call or stop in (especially good if you still have a WiiU for trade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom