• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

Robin64

NES games in Europe run at 50hz on the Wii, which stopped me from playing any of them.

But what about the 3DS versions? Logic dictates they should be 60hz like the US ones, but you can never tell with Nintendo.

Gunman Clive is 20th on the NZ/Aus chart and 11th if you go '3DS only'. :D

Been playing it for awhile now and I really like it, great game great price - brilliant!

m0t0k1

Hmmm i still got 8 euros left i am doubting about buying Crimson Shroud or Gunman Clive and still have 6 left and wait for a nice sale. What should i do gaf?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Awesome! How many reviews?
17/10 in Sweden and three review (there was some speculation earlier that several small markets were lumped together, so probably not in sweden alone, and one of the reviews is me)

First day sales looks promising. Not overwhelmingly so and no instant riches. But for a game with very little prerelease hype I can't complain. I think it's higher than the highest daily sales I've got on iOS, but not quite at the same levels as when the Android version was featured in the top spot in Google Play, but it's also only out in one market, and not a full 24 hours. Still too early to make any real conclusion though.

edit:
switched region to check some other markets
UK 13/9 - 4 reviews
Germany -/17 - 5 reviews
France -/- 4 reviews

five stars everywhere, except germany which had one 4 star review

On the Italian eShop there were no reviews

Now, there is one, though: it's mine :D

Chao

Can i switch the store to the US one if I one a PAL console? All I want is the sonic racing demo from the American EShop

M3d10n

Paying 26 reais for bit.trip.saga is amazing... I always wanted it, but though it was too expensive.
Silly me, this game worth the full retail price.

I was pleasantly surprised too. Best deal in the eShop by far and I hope more 3rd parties follow suit and go against Nintendo's crazy ass first party digital pricing.

Unchained Blades is also looking like a buy to me: it's listed as 51 reais in the "coming soon".

Unfortunately very true, at least in RUNNER, whether in 2D or 3D mode. Same issues as the cart version; I have both. 1.11 (RUNNER fans know the stage all too well) is unplayable in 3D, and annoyingly janky in 2D, though you can get through it.

beril

That was me. In my defence, I rarely give out 5 stars. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the game.
Absolutely love the duck mode and all the references to classic Nintendo games!
Hope it sells well!

Curse you nooferu! :p

Interestingly it seems the Review Charts completely disregard the number of votes and just go for the highest average, I guess with a low threshold so games with <5 reviews don't get on the list.

It's now up to 7 reviews in the UK and is #1 on the Review Chart. New Style Boutique and Game & Watch Vermin also have perfect scores, and NSB have a lot more reviews than Clive but is still just at number 2 for some reason. And of course games like OoT and Kid Icarus have thousands of reviews and a near perfect average, so listing it like that is kindof weird. I'm sure it will fall off the list soon, but it's fun to be #1 for a while at least

Oxx

I didn't even think to start rating games until reading through this thread.

I am the kind of person who choses 'As me later' whenever an iOS game harasses me for a 5-star review, though.

beril

I didn't even think to start rating games until reading through this thread.

I am the kind of person who choses 'As me later' whenever an iOS game harasses me for a 5-star review, though.

The review feature is kindof hidden in the eShop, but I like that it gives you a list of the games you can review instead of having to find the games in the store again, but there really should be a button for it on the info page for the games as well. Also the 1-hour playtime requirement probably inflates the review scores quite a lot. If you buy a small 2-10$ game and you hate it, chances are you won't play it for an hour.

D-e-f-

Banned
Gunman Clive deserves a lot of love!

That game is awesome!
especially Duck Mode lol

Additional stages would be really cool!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Honestly, I wish the reviews pages let us add/read more metrics--what we get now (five-star aggregate and the little "casual/hardcore" thing) isn't really enough, IMO.

BriBri

Downloaded Gunman Clive. Truly awesome (art, sound, gameplay, charm and general aesthetics), although the jumps on Stage 12 are infuriating as hell (I am crap at platformers!). Any chance of Helium Boy next since I love Balloon Kid and Balloon Fight GB?

beril

Downloaded Gunman Clive. Truly awesome (art, sound, gameplay, charm and general aesthetics), although the jumps on Stage 12 are infuriating as hell (I am crap at platformers!). Any chance of Helium Boy next since I love Balloon Kid and Balloon Fight GB?

Thanks.
No I won't bring over Helium Boy, I'm tired of doing ports and want to get started on a new game soon. Also Helium Boy really isn't as good and hasn't been very successful on other platforms, so I don't really feel it's worth spending more time on. Though I guess 3D would help it since one of the key complaints is the depth perception. My next game will likely be from ground up for 3DS, possibly with smartphone ports later.

BriBri

Thanks.
No I won't bring over Helium Boy, I'm tired of doing ports and want to get started on a new game soon. Also Helium Boy really isn't as good and hasn't been very successful on other platforms, so I don't really feel it's worth spending more time on. Though I guess 3D would help it since one of the key complaints is the depth perception. My next game will likely be from ground up for 3DS, possibly with smartphone ports later.
Well I'm all for an original game for the eShop. Looking forward to it!

And if anyone is unsure about Gunman Clive, just play the video in the eShop. It was enough for me (and I had just put enough money in for Denpa Men, Fallblox, Crimson Shroud and Mutant Mudds. MM lost out to this!).

Is Gunman Clive a straight platformer or more of a Metroidvania? I never know what reviews are talking about any more when they say "platformer".

Chopper

Thanks.
FYq7M.gif%20

also

Banned
Getting those stars in Gunman Clive is proving to be quite tricky.

Those mushrooms gave me a hard time too in the beginning but eventually it will click.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mr. beril, your game has legs. Gunman Clive is now 11th in the current Italian top 20. 9th only considering 3DS exclusive titles. Congrats! :D

I posted the following in another thread t'other day but haven't had a response *sniff*.

Can anyone here enlighten me please?

I'm in the UK if that is relevant.

Hello gents/ladies; is there a cheap way to buy stuff on the eShop? Trine 2 is calling me! Or am I just spoilt for choice with the option of: i/ buying an eShop card from a retailer, or ii/ buying it off the eShop with a debit/credit card, and paying exactly the same in the end? Do any retailers sell the cards below M.R.P?

Haven't seen any discounted eShop cards in the UK; the only way you really benefit from buying fake money instore is that you'll get the usual club card bonus points (e.g. Tesco, Game...).

Oh but if you have shit to get rid of, Game usually have a trade-in offer where if you trade in your games and they'll give you an extra ~33% towards any digital wallet (PSN, eShop, Steam...). There's normally a sign about that in-store.

OMG Aero

eShop cards list their actual value on them right? You'd have to be very lucky to get them at a discount. It's the same with PSN cards, if a card has an actual monetary value on it then shops are less likely to discount them than if they just had an arbitrary points number like Microsoft cards.

jonno394

eShop cards list their actual value on them right? You'd have to be very lucky to get them at a discount. It's the same with PSN cards, if a card has an actual monetary value on it then shops are less likely to discount them than if they just had an arbitrary points number like Microsoft cards.

Correct, they're very much like stamps in the fact they are "currency". You will never see stamps sold below face value.

Haha, I clocked 59 minutes on Gunman Clive from my 1st gameplay session, so I played one more level to be able to rate and give 5 more stars from germany :p :]

The
minecart
level in
duck
mode is really fun because you
can flap your wings there as well.
More levels would be nice.

Awesome that you plan on doing a 3DS game. And I hope GC gets more spotlight eventually.

pdk27

Can anybody download the free Goomba lesson in Art Academy? I checked both the add-on shop and the Spotpass notifications and I don't see it anywhere.

sakipon

Can anybody download the free Goomba lesson in Art Academy? I checked both the add-on shop and the Spotpass notifications and I don't see it anywhere.

It's not in the shop, the free lesson arrived in the way a friend can share lessons. Not sure if it can be still received or if it was a one time thing.

You are all awesome for your helpful replies, thank you! :)

I might as well treat myself to Trine 2 using a debit/credit card then. Less hassle than having to go and buy a card from Game or wherever first; although I will certainly bear in mind the extra amount if I have anything to trade in at Game :).

Hopefully when Nintendo get the eShop updated we will be able to buy individual games from retailers as I believe they can in Japan. We might get a bit of price competition then.

Henke

One more recommendation for Gunman Clive in case anyone in the thread is daft enough to have not bought it yet. It's tough for an unskilled gamer like myself, but it's fun as hell and it looks gorgeous. Two quid for us UKers too, ridiculous value.

Top Bottom