• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

I mean, holy crap.

We are getting what was originally a Sega CD game as a physical release in 2017, and I want it bad.

Try telling that to young me playing Night Trap for the first time!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
...what? It's not April 1st??

What's the difference between the covers? (I may get this...) Court case on how awful it is to follow? :p

...what? It's not April 1st??

What's the difference between the covers? (I may get this...) Court case on how awful it is to follow? :p

From twitter:

"Our Night Trap release will be available with three different covers, each based on one of the three US Sega CD releases."
Third one isn't ready yet

hawk2025

I'm guessing the cover is reversible.

Well, hoping.

Edit:

Aaahh, I see. It's Sega CD, 32X, and the animated cover.

Damn it, please don't make any of them a conference almost-exclusive.

At least the Sega CD/32X covers should be reversible IMO.

So excited for this :)

Stalk

So is this the same as that Night Trap ReVamped KS from a bit back? Is it actually the originals masters and stuff being remastered? I can't find any concrete info.

That was a 5 minute roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I came into this fully expecting Dragon's Trap, a game I've wanted a physical copy of since its announcement. My first reaction was extreme disappointment, then "well I guess Night Trap is kinda cool." Then I watched that awesome cheese fest of a trailer, so right now I'm sitting at pretty pumped.

I still have hope Dragon's Trap will be announced soon (and if not, I can always get the Asian version), but Night Trap is a pretty awesome release.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently if you want the 32X variant, you have to cash some loyalty club tickets in to get it. At least that's what LRG is currently posting on Twitter.

Ah that makes sense. This wouldn't be a title that I'd need all the covers or, so I'm saving my tickets :x

I am pumped for the game but not fussy about the covers. I really hope there's a larger print run, though, to compensate for the people who are going to be buying all three covers - I'd hate to miss out because of that.

Very happy to see this. I was one of the chumps who backed the (failed) kickstarter, so I'm happy to see LRG giving them a hand with printing physical copes! Can't wait to see how the third cover looks, as that animated design is my favourite! Hope I don't have to leave it to luck to get that cover. I'd be happy if they sold the variants as a bundle, I'd probably cave in and grab that. :p

Anyway, this was cool news to wake up to!

Apparently if you want the 32X variant, you have to cash some loyalty club tickets in to get it. At least that's what LRG is currently posting on Twitter.

Wait, does this potentially mean that there will be more offers that require tickets to acquire variants than possible tickets available that someone might have even if they bought every release? Or are these going to be planned so that if you bought everything, you'll be able to redeem for everything?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wait, does this potentially mean that there will be more offers that require tickets to acquire variants than possible tickets available that someone might have even if they bought every release? Or are these going to be planned so that if you bought everything, you'll be able to redeem for everything?

You'll likely have to pick and choose. Is this cover worth it for you?
Can't get everything.

Once there are relatively limited items up on the rewards page will international people even be able to get them? Do I have to send in my tickets with express courier to not miss out because of shipping times?

Still don't like this system at all tbh

Weevilone

I would assume variant covers hidden behind the tickets will be the automatic jumping off point for the full collection. Bye-bye.

We'll soon see I guess.

Looking forward to buying Night Trap through LRG, since I'm a big supporter of physical media, but before I do I have a separate question:

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but is there an update on the Skull Girls release? I know I received an email update a couple months ago I believe, but have not heard anything since.

hawk2025

Yeah, shipping the coupons in has made things complicated for everyone involved, especially them: lots more stuff to deal with.

It should have been based on order history IMO.

Looking forward to buying Night Trap through LRG, since I'm a big supporter of physical media, but before I do I have a separate question:

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but is there an update on the Skull Girls release? I know I received an email update a couple months ago I believe, but have not heard anything since.

I think PS4 is in production and Vita following soon. As far as I know, the earliest will be some time in May!?

cj_iwakura

Very happy to see this. I was one of the chumps who backed the (failed) kickstarter, so I'm happy to see LRG giving them a hand with printing physical copes! Can't wait to see how the third cover looks, as that animated design is my favourite! Hope I don't have to leave it to luck to get that cover. I'd be happy if they sold the variants as a bundle, I'd probably cave in and grab that. :p

Anyway, this was cool news to wake up to!

They posted the new cover:
C-WxNG-XkAEmneg.jpg:large

To compare:
nighttrap.jpg

My Ray Gigant arrived.

So nice!

Also checked going rates for vita Saturday morning RPG and Shantae:pirate's curse. When did these games shoot up in value?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
My Ray Gigant arrived.

So nice!

Also checked going rates for vita Saturday morning RPG and Shantae:pirate's curse. When did these games shoot up in value?

Shantae went up soon after they sold out I believe as the series is so popular. Same with Oddworld.

SMRPG took a little bit but is now high because it was a low run back in the initial days. LRG was still unknown with this being their 2nd release.

i-Jest

So what's the head count for LRG-GAF that want the Darius LE on Friday?

I know I'm gunning for it.

I'll try my hand at it. Importing a $100 item from the states, is gonna break me after currency conversion. I'm looking forward to that >_> *sighs*

Why does the CAD have to suck right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom