• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksark

Trust me when I say you'd LOVE it. It's groundbreaking in the ways it handles sensitive subjects.

I do too, it's considered the overall 2016 GOTY on the VN thread.

I didn't know and love vn(just beat root letter), I've made a RT and hope they consider it and we can play the game on english lrg retail vita version please.

Ever

Banned
So I check underneath my night stand one afternoon, doing my usual Sunday cleaning. Lo and behold, buried underneath all the junk are two unopened copies of Breach and Clear #1, as fresh as the day I bought them. I checked online. Looks like they're about worth $250 each! A 10x return on when I got them. I probably don't ever plan on selling since it's cool to have something so rare, but it's great to see limited run still kicking after all this time. I should take pictures when I get home.

Because publishers like Fangamer take a different approach, based on pre-orders, which is a more customer friendly approach.

You are a rabid fan of the Vita and are happy to put up with the constraints of LRG's business model. But if you think about it for a moment, you'll see that, by all means, it is really quite inconvenient for many people, because one basically has to plan their week around every new release date. So naturally, for a good number of other Vita enthusiasts, and certainly for people who aren't following up that closely on Vita news and games, that means they'll either miss out on the release and will be forced to feed the scalpers' wallets later on, or else they are forced into the same craze most of us on here endure every couple of weeks.

So you can praise LRG for their business model, which clearly works well for them. But likewise you can also praise Fangamer et al. for taking a bit more of a risk by taking pre-orders in stead (and potentially end up getting stuck for months with a good number of copies, because there's no sense of urgency with potential customers). Also, for some games, like for example DariusBurst CS, I'd love for it to get a fullblown retail release for example, which is never going to happen. What LRG is doing now for that game is awesome, but it's like the 2nd best scenario imo. That game deserves to be on retail shelves, available for everyone to buy.

Saw this and just wanted to chime in that Fangamer is not a publisher, they are a distributor. Yacht Club Games and Vblank both published their own games and just did fulfillment with Fangamer.

I'm happy Play Asia isn't the only one getting Ys Origin. I placed an order from them back in late Dec and still haven't got it. Every time I email them about it they just keep making excuses and tell me to keep waiting, never ordering anything from them again.

Y's Origin for PS4? It won't be released til May ...that probably why you haven't received it yet...I never had problem with PA...and I also have Y'S Origin preordered

Sorry, lttp. Is there any word of Dragon's Trap being released by LRG? I would much prefer that over Play-Asia if it happens. Game looks awesome

Guess I'll just buy the standard version then, no point wasting an extra $40 and possible shipping increase (sending to UK) for some cardboard and a soundtrack CD. The value for money just isn't there.

It has two Silver Hawk spaceship figures in it too so it isn't just the special box, game, and soundtrack. The only thing the Japanese version has that ours doesn't is one extra Silver Hawk.

Saw this and just wanted to chime in that Fangamer is not a publisher, they are a distributor. Yacht Club Games and Vblank both published their own games and just did fulfillment with Fangamer.

So it's basically the developers risking their livelihoods for their own games.

Anyway, my point was that it's well established by now, not in the least by you guys, that a pre-order system doesn't work if you want to sell through thousands of physical copies quickly. So either you have to be willing (and be able to financially) to take that risk of sitting on a lot of copies for at least a while, or else you have to tackle it the way you do it. So you can't just compare the relative success or failure of people working with a pre-order system for their game with LRG's success.

I'm happy Play Asia isn't the only one getting Ys Origin. I placed an order from them back in late Dec and still haven't got it. Every time I email them about it they just keep making excuses and tell me to keep waiting, never ordering anything from them again.

Ya if this is for Ys then there's a reason why you haven't gotten it yet, neither the Vita or PS4 physicals will be released till May, likely at the same time the game releases on Vita (May 30th). I honestly hope that isn't the reason why you've been hounding them since then.

So we've also got the Cursed Castella EX physical release happening tomorrow. Any of you guys gonna be jumping on that? I know I definitely will.

The more companies that produce physical releases the better for all of us. Makes us, the gamers happy, and these upstarts also need competition and better for developers on the receiving end.

And as long we keep supporting them then physical will never go away.

So we've also got the Cursed Castella EX physical release happening tomorrow. Any of you guys gonna be jumping on that? I know I definitely will.

The more companies that produce physical releases the better for all of us. Makes us, the gamers happy, and these upstarts also need competition and better for developers on the receiving end.

And as long we keep supporting them then physical will never go away.

i am, on side notice i was really impressed with Play-Asia packaging of Blue-Rider for the PS4 ....very dope

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Fingers crossed that FantaBlade and Enigami get back to LRG for releases of ICEY and Shiness!

The fact that ICEY is virtually unknown to the vast majority of Western PS4 owners despite having an excellent English localization is particularly sad. It's legitimately great—probably the single best Chinese-developed game I've ever played. How interesting it would be if LRG succeeded in a packaged version license before it releases on the NA or EU PS Store.

i was really impressed with Play-Asia packaging of Blue-Rider for the PS4 ....very dope

Oh I concur fully, the extra stickers thrown in (along with a 5 dollar off voucher) were just icing on the cake. The quality of the product along with the mere $29.99 asking price means the value for money was fantastic, highly recommended if anyone here hasn't picked one up yet.

What are some good coupon codes that can be used with the playasia order tomorrow? Is there a way to get free shipping? Got a few other games I've been waiting on buying too.

Edit: asked in wrong thread, my bad.

Skulldead

What i was fearing the most just happened... my complete set of LGR games is now over.... i'm so freaking mad right now....

Anybody want to sell me a Firewatch and a Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (any variant) to a reasonable price ?

Mzo

What i was fearing the most just happened... my complete set of LGR games is now over.... i'm so freaking mad right now....

Anybody want to sell me a Firewatch and a Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (any variant) to a reasonable price ?

Peel off that band-aid. Welcome to freedom.

Y's Origin for PS4? It won't be released til May ...that probably why you haven't received it yet...I never had problem with PA...and I also have Y'S Origin preordered

Ya if this is for Ys then there's a reason why you haven't gotten it yet, neither the Vita or PS4 physicals will be released till May, likely at the same time the game releases on Vita (May 30th). I honestly hope that isn't the reason why you've been hounding them since then.

No it wasn't for Ys, it was for Digimon. Not sure why your calling it "hounding."

Shizuka

I still have my complete Vita LRG set... Except that four of them are with LRG for now, waiting to be produced or shipping.

Yes Boss!

Really hope I can get a copy as I love my Vita physical media.

Yeah, it's very playable in Japanese. No reason not to import it, unless you care about the DLC.

It is, but the confirm and back buttons are reversed. The main select screen is all Japanese and the burnt-in title cards with the specs of the bosses of the arcade are all Japanese. Were these translated in the NA PsN version?

Against better judgment I am serious considering this version even though it would the fifth time buying this game. Have not been able to try my Steam version as I don't have a PC.

Shame we'll probably never see a 'complete' edition of Darius with the DLC included. European Vita fans are still screwed even if LRG does a print.

Yeah that's a shame indeed. I don't feel like buying the DLC at all unless it's part of a complete edition. I just try to pretend that it doesn't exist. ;-)

Varth

It has two Silver Hawk spaceship figures in it too so it isn't just the special box, game, and soundtrack. The only thing the Japanese version has that ours doesn't is one extra Silver Hawk.

Not that I care for the LE, but if you know them, can you explain how do the Silver Hawks compare to the figures from the Shooting Historica line I already own? They seem exactly the same tbh, except from the Yellow One.

The_Kid

PlayAsia has up a physical version (I think) for preorder of Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap. I didn't even know it was getting a physical let alone an Asian multi-language one.

Skulldead

What happened?

Long story short :

Bougth the Triple OddWorld pack, 2 month later, revceive a message that tell me yeah sorry we can't have the blue variant because a lost shipment or something like this and we are short supply on these game. So we give you the choice to choose one variant + any other previous LGR release games. Nice found someone who want to exchange the blue variant for "the" another LGR game (the only title that was missing in his collection, sorry JHD). So shipping confirmation happen... the tracking never move, like the print label was print, but nothing was sent. 30 days later wrote a ticket, check if it was really sent... 60 later nothing so i got a refund and got a reason that we don't have any of these game anymore.....

This is where i get really mad. I'm having a hard time to believe that they don't keep a couple of spare copy when those thing happen. I bought every single release so far, always there to buy at first batch... and because of that i'll have to pay triple the price for each title, these 2 releases are not on cheap side.

So in the end....i got nothing.... got hold for nearly 200 canadien dollars for 4 month....Having a hard to digest this.... i don't know what i'm going to do this friday...

Shizuka

They had it in stock in Dec when I ordered it and sent a copy already. The issue is them not considering the package lost. When your estimated shipping is 6 weeks it shouldn't take over 4 months for you to consider a package lost.

Keep messaging them, it's definitely lost at this point.

Saoshyant

Cursed Castilla is up for pre-order right now.

Goddamn it, I missed this!

Say whatever you want about LRG, but at least I get quite a few warnings before their stuff goes live. Here, I didn't even know this game was getting a physical release until I checked this thread.

hawk2025

Say whatever you want about LRG, but at least I get quite a few warnings before their stuff goes live. Here, I didn't even know this game was getting a physical release until I checked this thread.

Log in and it might still be available, but as of last night they were already below 1000 copies.

LRG -- is the Darius vinyl also going up a couple of minutes early with Nova?

Saoshyant

That might be because you guys signed up as "interested" according to this page on Play Asia. I didn't because I wasn't even aware this was a thing.

Tried to log out, login again, other browser, nothing. Unless one of you fellows who can still preorder it would be helpful enough to put up an order for me (which I would Paypal you for ASAP) I'll be out of options other than scalpers.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness

Subscribe to their mailing list? Or perhaps follow them on twitter. They sent out emails giving buyers plenty of time to prepare. Not sure how this is any different from what LRL does.

Saoshyant

Nah. I actually own this game on Steam and even follow the development team there. There was no announcement where I could find. As a contrast, LRG releases like Oddworld or Darius have been getting a lot of people talking outside places where that sort of talk would be usually contained (like this thread).

Welp, I guess it's fine I missed it. Would have liked to own it but not enough to pay a scalper. One thing I realized though: Play-Asia must be giving out a bigger cut of revenue to eastasiasoft than what LRG did. It's not even about the number of print copies available (Blue Rider was 2500, this one's 3000), which I think was a point of contention for the Soldner X2 (re)release. Conjecture, of course, but I imagine I'm not entirely off the mark.

AHRCHNJ.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAoCOXBE0yY

this is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom