• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock 1 Remastered sure crashes a lot. How did you folks like this game?

Afrocious

I can control it too. If I go into the menu (where you go to see the map, listen to audio diaries, etc) enough times, the game will freeze.

Also every time I start the game up, I get a prompt about how the game didn't close properly and asks if I want to set all options to default settings.

I don't think this is a good remaster. Anyone else had issues with it? Or didn't?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I tried it this evening, and it still crashes even after the patch in December.

You would think they would care more about their reputation.

Will be really sad if they leave it like this.

Gator86

I can control it too. If I go into the menu (where you go to see the map, listen to audio diaries, etc) enough times, the game will freeze.

Also every time I start the game up, I get a prompt about how the game didn't close properly and asks if I want to set all options to default settings.

I don't think this is a good remaster. Anyone else had issues with it? Or didn't?

It got a pretty bad reception among players, but solid reviews from journos who didn't put any time into it. The whole remaster was the minimum required effort which is a real shame.

...yeah, that's true, isn't it? I never put one and one together with the constant crashing. I'm only really going through it because the original had no achievements on Steam. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have bothered. It fixes some issues found in the original, but breaks stuff as well. Mixed bag.

Yeah, I heard the PS4 remaster was the weaker of the two console versions and opted for the X1 version instead. Two playthroughs and no freezing that I can recall.

poodaddy

Is it crashing on all platforms or just one? Just wondering so I know which one to avoid playing it on. I own the collection on Steam but was considering picking it up for PS4 as well....I'd rather not deal with crashes though.

bidguy

Banned
didnt crash a single time on xbone but theres an unfixed bug in fort frolic, rapture records were you get trapped inside with no way out

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Just a heads up to those who might find this thread.

My crashes were caused by the modified Xaudio files used to get surround sound in games like Witcher 3.

Reverting to stock files fixed the crashes.

lazerfox

I'm considering playing the remaster of Bioshock 2 after playing Bioshock 1 two years ago.

I didn't really like the gameplay but I liked the atmosphere and story.

Is Bioshock 2 Remaster worth a playthrough for the story itself?

Never had a problem playing on PS4. There was one instance where water textures didn't render properly, but otherwise I didn't have any problems. Bioshock 2 did crash on me during the Minerva's Den DLC though

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wanted to play the series, I started the remaster and crashed 3x in less than an hour and uninstalled it. There are too many good games to play to bother with bullshit like performance and stability issues.

KahooTs

I'm considering playing the remaster of Bioshock 2 after playing Bioshock 1 two years ago.

I didn't really like the gameplay but I liked the atmosphere and story.

Is Bioshock 2 Remaster worth a playthrough for the story itself?

Sequel story is just an alternative retread of the original that doesn't hit the same highs but doesn't shit the bed at the end either. But the gameplay is far superior to the original, to the point where you could almost call it good.

Top Bottom