• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your milkshake duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

PillarEN

I mean that was a few years ago so maybe he's done some growing up but there's no evidence of such.

Also gave MBDTF a 6 so that should of made it obvious that his views are trash

And he said the way Kyary Pamyu Pamyu says "serious" sounds like "shitty ass" :0
:mad:

Capital offense.

BigDes

Incredible that Chinner has you marks believing that he is not both:

a) a duck; and
b) likes milkshakes.

He's playing you.

Yes but we need to wait for all the facts

Chinner may be a duck and he may like milkshakes but is he in fact the famed Milkshake Duck or is it that ducks rather enjoy milkshakes in general it is just that Milkshake Duck happened to be the first one we caught enjoying said dairy beverage.

Bastables

I think they get pretty vocal about issues surrounding the industry. Not just with Hardline, but they invited Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu to make GOTY lists during the height of GG. Jeff in particular was quick to smack down parts of the community that were being transphobic towards Samantha Kalman.

JonTron was my biggest milkshake duck. Was also into IHE for a while until he peddled the "this film is reverse sexism and has a fEmINiSt aGeNDA!" crap
...he's also not funny, as it turns out. But man with British accent so obviously hilarious.

hbomberguy is solid gold for social issues.
hbomberguy is great because in his alternate reading of the original sonic he argues sonic poses the question: Is it right to commit extrajudicial murder against a genocidle manic? Yes kill that mother fucker.

But don't be tony blair or W Bush guys.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Thanks for the Yogcast response.

I literally have no idea who they are so they're not a milkshake duck for me, but since they appeared as DLC characters in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed was wondering what controversy arose.

I want to try another round of that stupid game where I give this thread some names of people who I think are good and see if I've just been completely wrong the entire time.

Timothy Olyphant
Anna Kendrick

*is scared to click submit*

It's weird that people aren't aware of how shitty Nestle are. Their products were banned from my university when I attended.
You wouldn't get beat up for having a KitKat, but their products weren't available anywhere on campus and you'd probably have someone lecture you if you were seen having one.
I think recently they banned Coca-Cola too.

PillarEN

I want to try another round of that stupid game where I give this thread some names of people who I think are good and see if I've just been completely wrong the entire time.

Timothy Olyphant
Anna Kendrick

*is scared to click submit*

Man don't torture yourself like that.
Anna is fine. Never heard of a Olyphant controversy.

Makai

AngryJoe (& other Joe), MetalJesus (and his whole crew), Mark Brown of Game Maker's Toolkit, Stopskeletonsfromfighting; just to list a few who I follow. Genuinely nice guy in real life, all.
Angry Joe pronounces "algorithm" "a-log-a-rithm"

Patrick Stewart

PillarEN

It's weird that people aren't aware of how shitty Nestle are. Their products were banned from my university when I attended.
You wouldn't get beat up for having a KitKat, but their products weren't available anywhere on campus and you'd probably have someone lecture you if you were seen having one.
I think recently they banned Coca-Cola too.

I am one of those "try to avoid Nestle" people, but never heard of anyone talk about them on the two campuses of the schools I split time with. Not even in any class for PR or marketing. You'd think it would be a good case study for PR. I mean sure maybe someone did a paper on it or who knows, but it wasn't ever a situation where I would expect someone to literally walk up to me to tell me about Nestle if I had a candy of theirs. I wasn't even aware of their baby formula controversy. I mainly recall they were doing something very iffy in Africa and that someone important in the company said water is not a right.

I mainly recall one professor who was really angry with H&M and enjoyed throwing shade at them one in a while. "WHAT DID H&M DO OMG?!?!?" I don't know man. Have a look if their practices don't jive with you.

Cepheus

But Mike tho'.

Also they had AlphaOmegaSin on their channel during GG which was... unwise/thoughtless.

I get the feeling that James really doesn't have much of a clue though and it's mostly Mike steering the ship.

Also RIP Bootsy.

Yeah, I agree.

What? I had no idea Bootsy had left until I just looked it up. :(

DrKelpo

Banned
I sometimes put on the complete season videos of AVGN in the background when I'm doing something...

hearing Mike now adds a bitter tone to many episodes I used to like :(

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Jim Carrey is an anti-vaxxer. :( I loved the guy, but he's gone off the deep end in that regard.

Square is a weird thing because I feel like while the game studios are excellent, there is some serious corporate fuckery going on at the top. I play and love FFXIV, but I feel like that dev team succeeds in spite of upper management, not because of it. Add in what they did in gutting Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and you have a company where I like its games, but I hate its upper management.

Nestle is pretty fucking evil as a company. One of the many evil things they practice (and continue to do so) is give free baby formula to new mothers in third world countries so that they don't breastfeed, wait until the mothers stop naturally producing breast milk, then hit them with high priced baby formula. They couldn't afford it, so babies died of malnutrition.

Nestle literally kills babies for profit.

Welp. Fuck me. How the hell do you avoid Nestlé. They're everywhere.

I should be a monk at this point. Unless they're something I don't know about monks...

PillarEN

I should be a monk at this point. Unless they're something I don't know about monks...

Eh some monks were doing violent stuff in Burma. In 2013 or so.
I'm sure even single called organisms are probably assholes. Whatever. Just drink milkshakes.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

If you travel a lot you will see Buddhist monks being straight dicks at airports. You will see a forty five year old Buddhist monk in orange robes, wearing Yeezys and cutting in line in front of moms with babies with a massive bulging carry on bag he should have checked.

I have seen it enough to be genuinely curious about their behavior.

moggio

Banned
Yeah, I agree.

What? I had no idea Bootsy had left until I just looked it up. :(

Him and Mike had a spat.

Considering we know what a petulant dick Mike can be, I assume he couldn't handle that Bootsy was pretty much universally liked and gave him the elbow.

I hope he does his own channel or something.

yeah? go on, i thought it was mostly cruise, travolta & them. man when forest whitaker showed up in battlfield earth i got scared though
Beck was the one that stuck out for me.

Neil Gaiman was raised scientologist, but left. William S. Burroughs was briefly part of the church in the 60s.

Vince Offer, the Shamwow Guy, also left.

I don't know. I'm not particularly annoyed by scientologists, I don't see why their beliefs are any crazier than other religions.

Neil Gaiman was raised scientologist, but left. William S. Burroughs was briefly part of the church in the 60s.

I don't know. I'm not particularly annoyed by scientologists, I don't see why their beliefs are any crazier than other religions.
So what you're really saying is, you don't know much about scientology.
Because few other religions are as scammy. Such verifiable scam bullshit.

RM8

There's this lady at work who is funny, well traveled, speaks like 6 languages, and is overall nice. I thought. Then I heard one of her very frequent rants about race - that she thinks interracial marriages are wrong, especially interracial children, and refers to previous co-workers as "Russian trash". I'm 29 years old and I can say I had never encountered this kind of upfront, strong racism. Such a disappointment, really...

So what you're really saying is, you don't know much about scientology.
Because few other religions are as scammy. Such verifiable scam bullshit.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I take issue with scientology, just no more than any other religion. I know it's a scam, you know it's a scam and I dare say a large number of their members know it's a scam, but if they want to believe in whatever nonsense it is and they don't infringe on people's rights, then I can't exactly get annoyed about it. I take the same stance with all religions, they're all a scam as far as I'm concerned.

DrSlek

Aung San Suu Kyi

She was an inspiration until she got into power and she turned out to have a real prejudice against Muslims. She handwaves away the persecution of the Rohingya people.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I take issue with scientology, just no more than any other religion. I know it's a scam, you know it's a scam and I dare say a large number of their members know it's a scam, but if they want to believe in whatever nonsense it is and they don't infringe on people's rights, then I can't exactly get annoyed about it. I take the same stance with all religions, they're all a scam as far as I'm concerned.
The big difference to me is that scientology is literally a scam.
Not wrong, but an invention by someone who knew it to be false with the aim of making money.
Say what you will, you can't say the same for the origins of Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Shintoism, and so on.

Also, other religions may be harmful to certain groups, but scientology is harmful to scientologists themselves.

It's really not the same.

For real? Wonder how that passed me by.

Jim Sterling's reviews can be enough of a milkshake duck for some people :p

Well a few weird ones here and there, sure. But the question is what specifically makes him a milkshake duck. Because if it was the reviews, I'd expect that user to have dropped every outlet for games criticism by now.

Edit: also, a Milkshake Duck tends to be someone who you initially liked being found out as a giant racist, sexist or just general piece of shit.

Well a few weird ones here and there, sure. But the question is what specifically makes him a milkshake duck. Because if it was the reviews, I'd expect that user to have dropped every outlet for games criticism by now.

Edit: also, a Milkshake Duck tends to be someone who you initially liked being found out as a giant racist, sexist or just general piece of shit.

Rating Zelda a 7 makes you as bad as racists.

Know what, I'll agree with him on the Deadly Premonition rating. That game was weird, insane and awesome all the way through.
I remember when he used to hate indie games that were narrative-focused (The Path) and didn't have loads of kinds of gameplay. Now he highly rates games like Inside, The Beginner's Guide, Undertale.

His 10/10 review for The Sexy Brutale got me to buy it.

karobit

It's not the beliefs, it's the behaviors. It's the combination of pyramid scheme and police state. Think of the societal pressure and alienation you might feel growing up non-religious (or even non-Christian) in a small town where everyone goes to church. Now imagine instead of everyone viewing you with sad pity or vague disdain and gossiping behind your back, they were all compelled to spy on you and report you to church higher ups. Or, worse, cut you out of their lives entirely.

People can actually believe, spiritually, whatever they want. It's their behavior that matters.

thespot84

This gif.

giphy.gif

Turns out that's a defense mechanism and they have to go through horrible surgery to be made pets.

G.O.O.

It's not the beliefs, it's the behaviors. It's the combination of pyramid scheme and police state. Think of the societal pressure and alienation you might feel growing up non-religious (or even non-Christian) in a small town where everyone goes to church. Now imagine instead of everyone viewing you with sad pity or vague disdain and gossiping behind your back, they were all compelled to spy on you and report you to church higher ups. Or, worse, cut you out of their lives entirely.

People can actually believe, spiritually, whatever they want. It's their behavior that matters.
Also cases of harassment, fraud and abuse towards their own members. Not even mentioning what happens to those who want to leave the church.

It's more a cult than a religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom