• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle key art leaked [Up2: 5 more slides, lots of info leak]

uh....guys...am I the only one wondering why that image is talking about "turtle shelves?"
41c49558-d670-48d0-b2a9-16db729f090a_1.8e939d069f8afea532be7759a27a96ff.jpeg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I dont like the rabbids but I like SRPGs so Nintendo will have to sell me on this one.

Spiritual successor to Ghost Recon Shadow Wars? Lets see.

Gartooth

I just want to imagine WTF happened for people to pitch this idea of all things AND get it approved by Nintendo. Like of all the properties Mario crosses with it is Rabbids and involves cartoon guns and turn based combat.

I'm going to wait until the E3 reveal on this one. Just on the concept alone it sounds hilariously out of character for the Mario IP... although that might be the biggest selling point for me. >_>

Macka

I hope the swearing doesn't make it into the game. I have a kindergartener who would probably love this.
There are five year olds with the Switch?

My little brother is ten and I reckon he'd have it broken within a month. Can't say the thing is as kid friendly as the DS or 3DS were.

Jims

I'm interested. I don't like Rabbids but I like SRPGs, so I'll be interested to see what they reveal. Don't expect it to be super deep with the mechanics and whatnot, but maybe it'll be fun?

Preble

Looks interesting. I'm excited. Though I would have had the Rabbids dressed up as Wario, Waluigi, Daisy and Rosalina instead what they did.

Seems kinda redundant as it is now.

Turn-based, thank god. Might actually consider this if it's an XCOM-alike, though it's hard to tell from the slides if it's going to be that positional (due to ranged weapons and destructible environmental cover) or more of a casual take on isometric games like FFT/Disgaea.

Astral Dog

I just want to imagine WTF happened for people to pitch this idea of all things AND get it approved by Nintendo. Like of all the properties Mario crosses with it is Rabbids and involves cartoon guns and turn based combat.

I'm going to wait until the E3 reveal on this one. Just on the concept alone it sounds hilariously out of character for the Mario IP... although that might be the biggest selling point for me. >_>
I think they are willing to experiment because their other RPG series is dropping quality at a fast pace (Mario and Luigi) while Paper Mario stopped being a thing for RPG fans

Preble

So I'm kinda confused on how the general gameplay of the game is gonna be. It's turned based like Mario and Luigi or Paper Mario right? What do they mean by 30% Exploration?

So I'm kinda confused on how the general gameplay of the game is gonna be. It's turned based like Mario and Luigi or Paper Mario right? What do they mean by 30% Exploration?

It's looking to be a grid based strategy RPG in the vein of XCOM, but it will have traveling around in line of something like SMRPG or Mario and Luigi. That's what I'm taking from it and the scant screenshots.

Felensis

Banned
Day 1. Looks absolutely rad and I love the Rabbids ever since their first appearance on Wii. The whole new fresh take on both franchises incl. weapons feels so weird, but in a good way. That is exactly the new and fresh take which is necessary to surprise seasoned gamers. Kudos to Nintendo and Ubisoft!

This just looks horrendous

ugh

Really hope this flops and we get actual worthwhile games. At the very least their plans to "surprise" people are ruined so I can be comforted by the fact that the people behind this travesty are furious/miserable right now.

Your a bag full of sunshine.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Man if that's a in-game shot on the switch it looks freaking great!!! Why is no one talking about that?

It's a bit too small to fully see, but I agree that what's shown suggests that this could be a really pretty game. That was something that definitely got my attention on those slides.

jrDev

Slides are cringe city, but I'll give anything with turn-based combat one chance

Seriously though, Rabbids? R.A.B.B.I.D.S? Who gives a shit about rabbids? Make a thread on gaf and ask "do you watch rabbids", 50% of the posts will be ridiculing you, the other 50% will respond with "no", "fuck no", or "hahaha no"
Wow, that's rich! Lets base our decisions solely on GAF! That's why Ghost Recon wildlands isn't the best selling game of the year....Did you read before you posted?

Anyway, looking forward to more info!

What is with the hate in this thread? They got a third party to make some kind of RPG with a focus on turn based combat, exploration and humor using the Mario and Rabbids IPs. This is nothing like Pacman vs or Federation Force or any other cheap cash in shallow game. That's a promising start.

I love how whacky this looks. Could be awesome.

What worries me is the SRPG + no direct control of the heroes. I don't know what that means. That you don't move them? What kind of SRPG would that be?

But I'm interested, and I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

Top Bottom