• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

I've been out of the hunting game for a long, long time. Sometimes when I go to Best Buy and see Lucina or see a Ness at GameStop, I am thrown off. It's nice to see restocks, though.

The only amiibo that I have been on the lookout for are the BotW series. My local Target got some shipments of the Guardian and Zelda amiibo a few days ago. I'll try and see if I can secure them.

Corrin P2 amiibo has shipped. Coming from Kenosha.
In other news, the tracking on my Cloud P2 has still not updated. It says it's pre-shipment still, has been stuck on there for a few days now. Anyone else like this? Gamestop says I'll get it the 27th, so we'll see.

From user BY2K on the Gaming forum:

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/163362510634

The various amiibo do the following in Metroid: Samus Returns...

Samus Aran (Metroid Series)
Elon Reserve Tank (special ability recovery)
Metroid II Art Gallery (unlocked after beating game)

Metroid (Metroid Series)
Metroid Marker (tells you location of nearest Metroid)
FUSION Difficulty Mode, play in the Fusion suit (unlocked after beating game)

Samus Aran (Super Smash Bros. Series)
Missile Reserve Tank (missile recovery)
Concept Art Gallery (unlocked after beating game)

Zero Suit Samus (Super Smash Bros. Series)
Energy Reserve Tank (energy recovery)
Sound Test (unlocked after beating game)

Samus and ZSS SSB amiibo about to be $50 on ebay like with SSB Link after BotW?

Laws00

My stuff came

also fuck amiibo store exclusives
IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Velcro Fly

Yeah I was out a few places yesterday and a couple of them had the OG Samus in stock and more than just a couple. Guessing it is in relation to the 3DS game/Prime 4 announcement at E3 and the functionality being a thing there.

crimnos

Corrin P2 amiibo has shipped. Coming from Kenosha.
In other news, the tracking on my Cloud P2 has still not updated. It says it's pre-shipment still, has been stuck on there for a few days now. Anyone else like this? Gamestop says I'll get it the 27th, so we'll see.

Yeah you're not alone. Mine's been sitting like that since Thursday.

LiK

My CorrinP2 won't be shipping until Aug supposedly. Now I'm glad I didn't cancel my JPN preorder. Who knows if they'll cancel it later.

Jawmuncher

My CorrinP2 won't be shipping until Aug supposedly. Now I'm glad I didn't cancel my JPN preorder. Who knows if they'll cancel it later.

Mine says shipping now (despite ordering the moment it was up). Amazon is the worst for exclusives.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! Corrin came in, correct one, and in good condition! It's a miracle!!

Next up: Pikmin this Friday! (I thunk it's funny how my Amazon copy of the game is the half the price of the Amiibo...)

Necro900

Sssoooo, does anybody know what the p1 Cloud amiibo does in botw? I know it's compatible, but I wonder if they went the extra mile to spawn something that isn't the usual raw meat/junk of non zelda amiibos.

Neiteio

Sssoooo, does anybody know what the p1 Cloud amiibo does in botw? I know it's compatible, but I wonder if they went the extra mile to spawn something that isn't the usual raw meat/junk of non zelda amiibos.
I would bet the internal organs of the next person who posts that the Cloud amiibo doesn't unlock anything special in BotW

Frogstep

Ugh, goddamit Amazon. Now it's emailing saying there's a problem with payment being declined. I clearly see the holding charge Amazon did when I ordered it so I don't know what's going on.

edit: Contacted customer service, which was so unhelpful. Pretty much had to use a different card. I'm so glad I just decided to do the Prime 30 day trial thing and not become a full paying member. God help them if they send me the wrong shit.

Tomita

Dang, my shitty Target actually got Zelda reshipments. They sell something besides Animal Crossing amiibo now!!

Only went out today to pick up my Best Buy Splatoon amiibos, but I talked myself into buying the Zelda amiibo at Target (mine had one Zelda, some Guardian, and the horse Rider amiibo). I was really impressed with the detail on her. Even her hair has different shades of yellow/gold on it for texture! Like, holy shit.

Nicknamed my Inkling Boy and Girl Pietro and Wanda /nerd

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From user BY2K on the Gaming forum:

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/163362510634

The various amiibo do the following in Metroid: Samus Returns...

Samus Aran (Metroid Series)
Elon Reserve Tank (special ability recovery)
Metroid II Art Gallery (unlocked after beating game)

Metroid (Metroid Series)
Metroid Marker (tells you location of nearest Metroid)
FUSION Difficulty Mode, play in the Fusion suit (unlocked after beating game)

Samus Aran (Super Smash Bros. Series)
Missile Reserve Tank (missile recovery)
Concept Art Gallery (unlocked after beating game)

Zero Suit Samus (Super Smash Bros. Series)
Energy Reserve Tank (energy recovery)
Sound Test (unlocked after beating game)

Samus and ZSS SSB amiibo about to be $50 on ebay like with SSB Link after BotW?
Wait, so are those "unlocked after beating game" just early unlocks for having the amiibo, or do you need to beat the game AND have the amiibo as well?

I can't imagine it being the latter, but that's kind of a bummer if it is, even if I have both SSB Samus amiibo.

ZugZug123

So pissed at Amazon right now, Corrin P2 went from Sun delivery, to Monday and now it's "if you don't see it by Wed contact Support". Is anyone else having this issue?

Tyeforce

The collection's complete again now that Corrin - Player 2 has arrived! My husband and I are still rocking 100% of all amiibo released, both figures and cards, including regional exclusives. We're quickly running out of room though, lol, so I'm afraid we may have to figure out a new display solution before the end of this year...

The collection's complete again now that Corrin - Player 2 has arrived! My husband and I are still rocking 100% of all amiibo released, both figures and cards, including regional exclusives. We're quickly running out of room though, lol, so I'm afraid we may have to figure out a new display solution before the end of this year...

What kind of display cases do you have for the figures? Those are nice looking.

Tomita

I didn't know there were Mario sports amiibo cards too -- but, looking at the OP, sure enough. WTF do they do lol

Frogstep

How long does it take Amazon to update the tracking? It has stayed at "shipping today" for hours now! I just want this to be over. :(

Wow that looks awesome! I can't imagine the work it must have taken to get a complete collection, cards included. I'm lucky if I get a complete Smash set (if Amazon doesn't screw me!).

Congrats!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Holy cow, this is stunning dedication. Even the cards. Astonishing!

Tyeforce

I didn't know there were Mario sports amiibo cards too -- but, looking at the OP, sure enough. WTF do they do lol
Honestly, I haven't even gotten around to playing Mario Sports Superstars much beyond just scanning all the cards into the game's virtual collection, but this is what they do:
These cards are used to unlock the Star status for the character on the card, which powers up the character's stats. When three amiibo cards are tapped in, players unlock the Road to Superstar mode, where players can further strengthen characters by unlocking the Superstar status, which powers up stats more greatly than the Star status. amiibo cards can additionally be used to unlock gear for characters to use.

Wow that looks awesome! I can't imagine the work it must have taken to get a complete collection, cards included. I'm lucky if I get a complete Smash set (if Amazon doesn't screw me!).

Congrats!
Holy cow, this is stunning dedication. Even the cards. Astonishing!
Thanks! Yeah, it hasn't been easy (especially the cards >_>), but from the moment that amiibo were announced my husband and I vowed that we'd collect all of them, and so we are, lol. I'm kinda dreading the day that the inevitable Pokémon amiibo cards are announced. =P

Frogstep

P2 Corrin shipped from Fort Worth, TX and expected to arrive tomorrow. Someone already had a bad experience so I am a little scared. D:

Fingers crossed!

Ridley327

Any mis-ship issues reported out of their Chattanooga facility? That's where mine is coming in from, and I want to properly brace myself if there is a chance.

Got Cloud P2 today, man I'm so happy right now. Although 7 isn't my favorite Final Fantasy, it's still nice to see someone like Cloud in a game like Smash. Now I'm just waiting for Corrin P2, and hope this wave will be complete.

Looks like it's confirmed that the amiibo are NECESSARY to unlock some of the extra features in Samus Returns:

You can tap this amiibo to find out if there's a Metroid nearby. After completing the game, you can tap this amiibo to unlock Fusion mode.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/am...d-1239435.html

You can unlock an item to help you on your mission. After completing the game, you can tap this amiibo to unlock new content for the Gallery.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/am...us-932507.html

You can unlock an item to help you on your mission. After completing the game, you can tap this amiibo to unlock new content for the Gallery.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/am...s-1239436.html

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/am...us-980850.html

FemCorrin from Amazon US came ok. Actually came in a box and had those air pillows in there.

I'm just waiting on my UK one for my buddy, Regular Bayo from Best Buy (they didn't have them in stock after I put the order in, and it changed too allow me get free shipping to home!) and another P2 Bayo for another friend.

Another friend of mine grabbed an extra purple squib so I'm just waiting for him and Bokoblin and I'll be pretty much caught up with all the US amiibo so far. Qbby, Gold Mega and Poochy are gonna be tough ;-;

Speaking of FemCorrin...did anyone else get a weird "AMZ US" shipping number for it? I've never gotten one before (my app for shipping numbers said it was Australia Post?) but it came yesterday (ordered it on Friday of course) and that was much faster than the original estimate of Wednesday. A friend said they sometimes partner with local people/distributors to get things faster...once someone's package was dropped off by a guy in a old rusty pickup truck. Is that legit? So some random dude was dropping of my lewd anime figure? lmfao

When I ordered my Xbox One it came through OnTrac, and the delivery guy pulled up in an unmarked white sedan and just pulled the box out of his trunk, sooo, yeah, that happens lol

KingBroly

Banned
Looks like it's confirmed that the amiibo are NECESSARY to unlock some of the extra features in Samus Returns:

You can tap this amiibo to find out if there's a Metroid nearby. After completing the game, you can tap this amiibo to unlock Fusion mode.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/am...d-1239435.html

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/am...us-932507.html

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/am...s-1239436.html

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/am...us-980850.html

That's...unbelievably bad and disappointing. Especially about the Gallery

I mean, I was already buying the amiibo anyway, but that's... kinda rough.

Particularly the concept art and hard mode. Those have been series standard unlockables since Fusion/Prime.

I know this feeling, I don't have the cards or the Animal Crossing related Amiibos but I have everything else. I have a few displayed but I ended up getting the Amiibo carrying cases. Nintendo isn't slowing down this train either, Amiibo's print money.

Jawmuncher

Nooooooooo-

THEY SENT THE WRONG ONE. UGH.

Now Amazon chat is telling me they can't send me one, and that they will refund the amiibo and I have to send it back.

I'd fight back about sending it back. Why should you have to suffer for their mistake?

If they send me a male corrin I will fight to high hell to get my money back and keep the amiibo for their mistake.

Lately it seems like email is the way to go. Their chat as of late has a lot of stiffs. As an example I got a crushed Vita Box. It wasn't a big deal but I sent an email. They ended sending me another game and saying I could keep the old one.

Dragoshi1

I'd fight back about sending it back. Why should you have to suffer for their mistake?

If they send me a male corrin I will fight to high hell to get my money back and keep the amiibo for their mistake.

Yep, fought for it. He relented and said I could keep it, but there is no absolute way for me to get a female corrin amiibo any time soon.

He had the balls to tell me to order one from a third party, where they're going for 60+ dollars right now.

I'm so mad, though. I waited and waited, and I had the page refreshing on my phone while at work to get an order in for her last friday.

It SUCKS.

Jawmuncher

Yep, fought for it. He relented and said I could keep it, but there is no absolute way for me to get a female corrin amiibo any time soon.

He had the balls to tell me to order one from a third party, where they're going for 60+ dollars right now.

I'm so mad, though. I waited and waited, and I had the page refreshing on my phone while at work to get an order in for her last friday.

It SUCKS.

Might be worth emailing about. Sometimes they'll give you a credit or make you an order to get the item from the third party. Really hammer home it's their mistake and how it feels bad to be treated so poorly.

Don't bother with chat

Top Bottom