• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

PtM

Banned
Bamboo 竹;233884343 said:
Looks like FCorrin amiibo is defective design wise? The amiibo doesn't have pointed ears and the render does. MCorrin got it right tho.
Looks like dunno since no pics.

Velcro Fly

Got Corrin/Bayo/Cloud from Best Buy finally. Cancelled my Alm/Celica order and threw them in with those three for free shipping on all.

I definitely want female Corrin but the other two I don't care about. Amazon is by far the easiest for me to deal with in terms of exclusives so I'm not too worried about not being able to get one.

Also don't care about the Links either. I think having so many of them when you can't even reprint the ones you've made is fucking stupid.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Did I miss the Link preorders?

I can't keep up with this bullshit. I hate buying Nintendo hardware.

Go into your nearest GameStop to preorder Twilight Princess Link

Skyward Sword Link hasn't gone up at Amazon yet, but when he does, he'll be here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ6FKGF/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Majora's Mask Link is exclusive to an as-yet unknown retailer ... probably Toys R Us or Target. We don't know yet.

New Zelda Anniversary Amiibos

C9PqGpSUAAEJhxa.jpg

Damn I knew it would end up Child Link, we want FD Link!!
SS Link looks amazing though.

Koppai

So far I have...

Bayonetta, Corrin, and Cloud, and Pikmin from Best Buy

And Twilight Princess Link and Player 2 Cloud from GameStop.

Yarbskoo

Go into your nearest GameStop to preorder Twilight Princess Link

Skyward Sword Link hasn't gone up at Amazon yet, but when he does, he'll be here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ6FKGF/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Majora's Mask Link is exclusive to an as-yet unknown retailer ... probably Toys R Us or Target. We don't know yet.

If the only way to get Twilight Princess Link is to go to a physical Gamestop, maybe I'll just pass. Amazon seems to be slacking on their amiibo preorders, so it may be a while before I can order the Skyward Sword version.

I still need alt Corrin and alt Bayonetta. Sounds like Corrin will be an Amazon exclusive, so that's kinda lame. Haven't heard anything about Bayonetta though.

Josh5890

Best Buy: Splatoon x 3, Pikmin, and three smash

Gamestop In-Store: TP Link and Cloud P2

I just need to get the Amazon exclusives and where ever the other two exclusives are.

SaviourMK2

Just preordered:
Cloud P1
Cloud P2
Corrin P1
Bayonetta PA1
Link TP

waiting for the other 4 to pop up. Not interested in the Splatoon ones, also the Fire Emblem 2-pack (Alm and Celia?) flew under my radar.

First time I pre ordered anything at GameStop since wave 4... During that fiasco, I waited in line, the system went down. Everything was sold out except ness and wario by the time it came back up though I was 2nd in line.

Just ordered TP Link and 2 player cloud at two different gamestops right next to each other as backup

Tyeforce

I posted this in the new Zelda amiibo thread, but I'll post here, too:

With these new Zelda amiibo finally revealed, it's interesting to note the current gaps in item numbers for the Zelda series amiibo...
Code:
The Legend of Zelda
AKAA - Wolf Link - Twilight Princess
AKAB - Link - Ocarina of Time
AKAC - Link - Majora’s Mask
AKAD - Link - Twilight Princess
AKAE - Link - Skyward Sword
AKAF - Link - The Legend of Zelda
AKAG - Toon Link - The Wind Waker
AKAH - 
AKAJ - Zelda - The Wind Waker
AKAK - Link (Archer) - Breath of the Wild
AKAL - Link (Rider) - Breath of the Wild
AKAM - Guardian - Breath of the Wild
AKAN - Zelda - Breath of the Wild
AKAP - 
AKAQ - 
AKAR - 
AKAS - 
AKAT - 
AKAU - Bokoblin - Breath of the Wild

These item numbers for amiibo have been incredibly consistent, and there have never been gaps like this that haven't eventually been filled in. So with that in mind, we're due for at least 6 more Zelda amiibo.

The first is oddly placed between Toon Link - The Wind Waker and Zelda - The Wind Waker, which could point towards a third amiibo from The Wind Waker, like Tetra or Ganondorf, but why would it have been held back like this? Rather, I think it might end up being Link - A Link Between Worlds, since that's the only other major version of Link that's missing—well, that Nintendo seems to care about, at least. It's possible that it could be another Zelda, too.

Perhaps more interesting, though, are the other 5 missing amiibo, which come between Zelda - Breath of the Wild and Bokoblin - Breath of the Wild. While the amiibo from AKAA through AKAJ don't really seem to follow a specific order, all of the Breath of the Wild amiibo are listed between AKAK and AKAN, plus the Bokoblin way down at AKAU. With the Breath of the Wild amiibo being grouped together like this, it would make sense if AKAP through AKAT are also Breath of the Wild amiibo. So, what would those be?! I'm guessing, if they are really more Breath of the Wild amiibo, they'll be released alongside the future DLC updates, and I'd bet on four of them being the other Champions—Revali, Mipha, Daruk, and Urbosa. I'm not sure what the fifth would be, though.

In fact, looking further, I've noticed that each of the Breath of the Wild amiibo are based on promotional artwork for the game...

There aren't many characters that have official artwork like this, however. In fact, the only others are...
That's right, the four Champions! So yeah, I'm pretty confident that we'll be getting amiibo figures of these four eventually. The question is, what will that fifth one be? Could it be a new character that will be introduced with the DLC, possibly related to the new story and/or dungeon?

ZeoVGM

Banned
So I'm gonna be that guy.

2017-04-13_2117.png

Are these actually the same series? Because I, being as anal as I am, would consider this a new series simply titled "The Legend of Zelda."

HMMM.

Jawmuncher

2017-04-13_2117.png

Are these actually the same series? Because I, being as anal as I am, would consider this a new series simply titled "The Legend of Zelda."

HMMM.

The box art style to me says they're the same series. Just now we're in the 31st year so they can't really reuse the logo (Even though that's what it started as).

PtM

Banned

2017-04-13_2117.png

HMMM.
As you can see above, they all have similar IDs. NFC don't lie.

Jawmuncher

Hmmm, seems like maybe we'll get the Monster Hunter amiibos in the west?
Unless the game in japan could use more than just the specific line it had.

Regardless the line is very nice. Bought the one-eyed Rathalos for like 16 bucks and it's great.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hmmm, seems like maybe we'll get the Monster Hunter amiibos in the west?
Unless the game in japan could use more than just the specific line it had.

Regardless the line is very nice. Bought the one-eyed Rathalos for like 16 bucks and it's great.

We'll get them I think. But the game doesn't have a release date yet and they announced a bunch of amiibo as it is. Probably best to hold off.

I'm worried that Box Boy isn't coming to America.

Thoraxes

Had juuuuuust enough time to get into gamestop and pre-order TP Link and 2P Cloud.

Have the core versions for all 3 smash ones at best buy.

Just need corrin up on amazon, and wherever Bayo ends up (maybe target since it's the red/bayo 1 one?) Same with the Zelda ones.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
People pls have you not learned after all these years that $5 shipping beats paying reseller/import fees

Hello That Guy! Thank you for actually reading the OT. I try to put everything in its own relevant section and sort by date, and the new Zelda figures kinda belong in multiple places. Wolf Link was put under TP HD way before the 30th anniversary figures were announced, and while it is technically a Zelda series figure, TP HD was its own release with a bundle and stuff.

tl;dr Don't overthink it and just enjoy, That Guy!

I wish Amazon would get their act together and put these things up already. I just need Skyward Link and Female Corrin. Everything else is secure, minus Majora Link who remains a mystery.

NDPsycho

That Amazon JP shipping hurts...not as much as missing out whenever Amazon US puts Corrin up, so I guess I'll deal with it, but damn.

So I'm sticking my head above the water for the first time today after being in BOTW super deep.

If I'm looking at this right;

Twilight Princess Link and "Player 2" Cloud are exclusive to GameStop.

Amazon appears to have Skyward Sword Link and Female Corrin.

Whoever will have Majora's Mask Link will likely also have Bayo1.

I'm waiting for Amazon to put stuff up for that dank discount I think. I was able to snag Cloud from GS yesterday which was nice.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I can't believe we're dealing with retailer exclusive absurdity in this day and age.

And now amazon.co.jp, amiami, Nintendo Japan's own mail order...all sold out of the newly announced amiibo.

Sigh.

I posted this in the new Zelda amiibo thread, but I'll post here, too:

With these new Zelda amiibo finally revealed, it's interesting to note the current gaps in item numbers for the Zelda series amiibo...
Code:
The Legend of Zelda
AKAA - Wolf Link - Twilight Princess
AKAB - Link - Ocarina of Time
AKAC - Link - Majora’s Mask
AKAD - Link - Twilight Princess
AKAE - Link - Skyward Sword
AKAF - Link - The Legend of Zelda
AKAG - Toon Link - The Wind Waker
AKAH - 
AKAJ - Zelda - The Wind Waker
AKAK - Link (Archer) - Breath of the Wild
AKAL - Link (Rider) - Breath of the Wild
AKAM - Guardian - Breath of the Wild
AKAN - Zelda - Breath of the Wild
AKAP - 
AKAQ - 
AKAR - 
AKAS - 
AKAT - 
AKAU - Bokoblin - Breath of the Wild

These item numbers for amiibo have been incredibly consistent, and there have never been gaps like this that haven't eventually been filled in. So with that in mind, we're due for at least 6 more Zelda amiibo.

The first is oddly placed between Toon Link - The Wind Waker and Zelda - The Wind Waker, which could point towards a third amiibo from The Wind Waker, like Tetra or Ganondorf, but why would it have been held back like this? Rather, I think it might end up being Link - A Link Between Worlds, since that's the only other major version of Link that's missing—well, that Nintendo seems to care about, at least. It's possible that it could be another Zelda, too.

Perhaps more interesting, though, are the other 5 missing amiibo, which come between Zelda - Breath of the Wild and Bokoblin - Breath of the Wild. While the amiibo from AKAA through AKAJ don't really seem to follow a specific order, all of the Breath of the Wild amiibo are listed between AKAK and AKAN, plus the Bokoblin way down at AKAU. With the Breath of the Wild amiibo being grouped together like this, it would make sense if AKAP through AKAT are also Breath of the Wild amiibo. So, what would those be?! I'm guessing, if they are really more Breath of the Wild amiibo, they'll be released alongside the future DLC updates, and I'd bet on four of them being the other Champions—Revali, Mipha, Daruk, and Urbosa. I'm not sure what the fifth would be, though.

In fact, looking further, I've noticed that each of the Breath of the Wild amiibo are based on promotional artwork for the game...

There aren't many characters that have official artwork like this, however. In fact, the only others are...

That's right, the four Champions! So yeah, I'm pretty confident that we'll be getting amiibo figures of these four eventually. The question is, what will that fifth one be? Could it be a new character that will be introduced with the DLC, possibly related to the new story and/or dungeon?

I would straight up buy a Mipha amiibo. Most developed character/story among the 4 champions and one of the coolest looking to me :3

Is it possible Amazon just isn't going to open pre-orders and just open them on launch day? They still haven't even done the new FE Echoes amiibos yet, right? It's pretty weird.

kunonabi

Got really lucky with the Twilight Princess Link. I called a ton of gamestops and they were all sold out but my mom popped into one while she was running errands and managed to snag me their last preorder. The guy thought they were all out before he checked again for her.

The real test will be MM and SS Link since I need them for their BotW gear. Hopefully I can grab them and the Bayo/Corrin alts without too much trouble.

Also I would totally be down for Champion amiibos especially Urbosa. Her official art pose would be perfect for one.

ChrisD

My local GS was sold out of TP Link by the time I got there at 4PM. I had half a mind to bike at like 12PM, but decided against it because it looked like it was going to rain (of course, it didn't, because that would be too nice for the temperature). Waited until I could take the house vehicle in the evening. Cashier told me they sold out at around lunch time, so I probably would have missed out anyways since the bike trip is around 35 minutes, but I'm still kicking myself a bit for not just heading out early and giving it a shot.

Got Cloud P2, so it wasn't a total loss. =)
Now to wait for check next week, where I'll hope everything I want to preorder is still in-stock at Best Buy. Curse that instant hold payment!

My local GS was sold out of TP Link by the time I got there at 4PM. I had half a mind to bike at like 12PM, but decided against it because it looked like it was going to rain (of course, it didn't, because that would be too nice for the temperature). Waited until I could take the house vehicle in the evening. Cashier told me they sold out at around lunch time, so I probably would have missed out anyways since the bike trip is around 35 minutes, but I'm still kicking myself a bit for not just heading out early and giving it a shot.

Now to wait for check next week, where I'll hope everything I want to preorder is still in-stock at Best Buy. Curse that instant hold payment!

Aww man, I'll cross my fingers for you - I know how much it sucks not having the money for something and worrying it won't be available anymore when you finally do. Good luck :)

my gamestop told me that their store got more 2P cloud allocated to them vs. TP Link. wonder if it's like that everywhere

LiK

Nothing about Corrin P2 or Bayo 1 yet? Apparently I missed out on AmiAmi preorders already. Hoping they have more than enough after launch in Japan at least. I don't care about the regional packaging.

Jawmuncher

Nothing about Corrin P2 or Bayo 1 yet? Apparently I missed out on AmiAmi preorders already. Hoping they have more than enough after launch in Japan at least. I don't care about the regional packaging.

Corrin is Amazon. No clue about Bayo 1. MIGHT be Best Buy, since they supposedly have Majors Mask Link and so far the other two have two types.

GameStop - TP Link and AC Cloud
Amazon - Fem Corrin and SS Link

Tyeforce

Supposedly have it. One of the earlier amiibo listings had one name and then another saying MM Link on BB.com. So it's just a guess at this point.

Jpgy2Wz.png
I mean, Amazon also has an image of Cloud - Player 2 for their Corrin - Player 2 listing, so I wouldn't look into that too much. But it could be Best Buy, or Target or Toys "R" Us. One of those three for sure. I think one of the latter two are more likely, though.

ChrisD

Aww man, I'll cross my fingers for you - I know how much it sucks not having the money for something and worrying it won't be available anymore when you finally do. Good luck :)
Yeah, they really blindsided me with the sheer quantity announced all at once, probably could have swung one or two, but not seven(+)!
And thanks, here's to hoping. ^^

my gamestop told me that their store got more 2P cloud allocated to them vs. TP Link. wonder if it's like that everywhere

Probably, which is really goofy with Breath of the Wild being as big as it is! Another Lottie this is not. Maybe it's a case of them having three Links, so they may feel that they don't need as much stock of each one?

Persona7

Banned
I mean, Amazon also has an image of Cloud - Player 2 for their Corrin - Player 2 listing, so I wouldn't look into that too much. But it could be Best Buy, or Target or Toys "R" Us. One of those three for sure. I think one of the latter two are more likely, though.

Why would amazon have a listing for Corrin P2 if it wasn't their exclusive?

Tyeforce

Why would amazon have a listing for Corrin P2 if it wasn't their exclusive?
It is their exclusive, but it has a picture of Cloud - Player 2, which we know is GameStop's exclusive. My point was, the fact that Best Buy had a listing that incorrectly referred to Link - Majora's Mask doesn't mean that Link - Majora's Mask will be exclusive to Best Buy.

Kalyst

Neo Member
I wish I could just buy an import version since I really don't care for all the mad scrambles and fighting scalpers for specific collection pieces. If it works on a NA console, I don't care about the box as much anymore since I'll be ripping them open.

I started recollecting alot that I missed or had sold but some of these prices are worse now than ever before. I hope Nintendo announces a second wave of Legend of Zelda related amiibos.

Are there still the fire emblem two packs on preorder? I dont think I'll be able to pick one up until maybe Wednesday XD

I wish I could just buy an import version since I really don't care for all the mad scrambles and fighting scalpers for specific collection pieces. If it works on a NA console, I don't care about the box as much anymore since I'll be ripping them open.

I started recollecting alot that I missed or had sold but some of these prices are worse now than ever before. I hope Nintendo announces a second wave of Legend of Zelda related amiibos.

Are there still the fire emblem two packs on preorder? I dont think I'll be able to pick one up until maybe Wednesday XD
I think they're still available at best buy.

Top Bottom