• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2013: Vita Has Games

Duxxy3

Lots of games, but a large percentage are ports and the others are indie games.

Why would i spend $300 (system+card) to play ports and indie games?

Jawmuncher

Definitlry agree with this. I love my vita but its really in need of some actual exclusives. Killzone and Tearaway are the only real titles this year filling that void.

Hopefully TGS and next year are better.
Also they need to get cracking on cheaper memory cards and/or bundling them with games with the quality of games based on the size card you buy.

trixx

Looks fantastic especially tearaway. I would probably pick up this console up near the end of the cycle. I have too many games and not enough time for me to want to pick up the vita

No one is asking people to buy a Vita off this list.

By the time you guys get your system seller there will be a fuck load of fun smaller games for you to get. I think everyone including Sony realizes they need AAA games to sell the system but it's tiresome to see people crap all over a list of games that look fun to Vita owners.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
This may be a dumb question, but can someone explain to me why Capcom has yet to put a Resident Evil game on either the PSP or the Vita?

Usobuko

Banned
What are the impressions for Ys Celceta, in particular the boss battles? That will the day one Vita game for me on this list.

Curufinwe

Wait till it goes on sale. My Vita came with AC3 Liberation and a 4GB card and only cost $150 net.

Awesome idea for a thread OP. Keep the good spirits for the Vita going, it really does have some great games coming, both big and small.

Nikodemos

I wonder if the reason we haven't seen anything above 32GB yet is because it's not possible. Vita memory cards seem extremely similar to Memory Stick M2s, just with slightly different pins...

vitam2nyq6h.jpg

...and the theoretical maximum for M2 cards is 32GB.
Sony have their own version of the SDHC, called the Memory Stick XC. Presumably it also comes in a Micro version, which could be adapted into a Vita memcard.

http://www.sonyinsider.com/2009/08/...le-memory-stick-xc-with-2tb-maximum-capacity/

$h@d0w

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of Vita presence in the conference but when I saw the Kotaku video I realised Sony have done well to line up so much software for the rest of the year.

I don't actually purchase many games for my Vita. With PS+, maybe 1 retail game and 2-3 indies become available for download and that's enough to keep me busy for a couple of weeks. I got Virtua Tennis 4, orgarhythm, Mutant Blobs and Jet Set Radio this month - that's more than enough.

With this huge upcoming library to lean on, I can feel secure that PS+ is going to keep rotating in 2-3 titles regularly and they aren't going to run out of content. In fact, there's tons of content and I can always jump in on a game outside of the subscription if it's a particularly big release like Killzone or Tearaway.

Atolm

Honestly, Vita has a nice stream of games for 2013...Tearaway, Kz Mercenary, Dragon's Crown, Ys Celceta, Toukiden...but what about 2014?. Almost nothing announced.

Markadias

Banned
Whatever way you look at it... This is a decent solid line up! At least 10 of those I am going to buy.
Obviously though, for more people to purchase the hardware itself they need something like GTA, Final Fantasy or Gran Turismo. Fingers crossed something massive gets announced soon.

faridmon

If you aren't disappointed by Vita's showings at E3, the surely I am disappointed in you. NOt major announcement that actually sells the device and its apparent that Sony is focusing on building its library with ports and smaller indie titles.

The way the PSP was handled was better. Damn I loved the PSP.

I think the combination of PS4, PS+ and Remote play is going to keep the vita chugging along as a nice niche product. The fact online is going to PS+ people can keep racking up games for it to the point there will be a tipping point in HW price where people will pick it up to play all the games they've been acquiring.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Games*!

*technically

That's an awful lot of games, but the only ones I'm interested in (because I have other systems, as well) are Muramasa and Ys. Same as before E3!

But I am very, very excited for them.

Honestly, though, with a gaming PC, most of those indie games become irrelevant, and with consoles, all of the ports are off the table, too. For me, at least.

I like Monster Hunter and all, but goddamn, there's way too many clones. Also ports and simultaneous releases do nothing for me.

All that I'm really interested in are Toukiden, Ys, and possibly Muramasa (even though I really didn't like it much the first time I played it on the Wii).

I loved all the indie games at e3. I don't game on a pc, so that probably is tinting my view.

Do I wish there was more stuff? Of course. But personally , I can't wait to play all this stuff.

Wonko_C

I want to see more Japanese support, (still bitter about the canceled ports from Cave) including some indies like Crimzon Clover, Yatagarasu (which is actually coming to 3DS), etc. Localizations of Namco's and Falcom's RPGs, and others.

Not much that interests me from what was shown at E3, but I'm planning on getting the Atelier games (will be the first time playing them), Muramasa, Ys Celceta, Runner 2, and maaaaybe Arkham Origins Blackgate if it turns out good.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

A)to play those indie games you need a pc, to play those ports & multis you need a ps3, with vita you can play both and on the go(that doesn't mean necessarily outside, if you are like me this is a huge pro)
B)there are lots of offers, vita+ 16 gb + 1 year of ps+= lots of new or almost new good games for a year without the need of spending a single additional cent. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more convenient than you think and waaaaaaaay cheaper than a 3ds + similar amount of games.
C)There's always the other percentage of exclusives ;)
D)If you have to choose between a ps3 and a wii you would not consider skyrim, fallout, batman etc only because they are on 360 too?

Obviously i'm the first to say that vita needs more AAA exclusives, but saying that there are no reasons to buy vita it's completely false.

OP your list is missing a game. Tales of Xillia was on the showfloor at E3.

Killzone looked soooo good it blew my mind. Played as good as you can expect given the loose analog sticks on the vita. I am bummed that I forgot to play Tearaway.

BasilZero

Counted 23ish games I want. Need that 128GB card Sony.

You could buy a PS4 for the price they'll sell the 128 GB if you go by how much the 32 GB price tag lol.

Anyways several games on the list I wanna get when I get my vita.

Muramasa Rebirth being on top of my list along with Ys Memories of Celceta, Tearaway, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, Valhalla Knights 3, Atelier Meruru Plus: The Alchemist of Arland and Malicious Rebirth.

It's really hard to get excited when I want to buy a PS4 this year and need to save up the money for that. Let's see what BF bundles they have

Wonko_C

OP your list is missing a game. Tales of Xillia was on the showfloor at E3.

Tales of Xillia is a PS3 game. There are 2 Tales games released earlier in Japan on Vita though, they're just not coming here...

Wait a minute, is there something you're not telling us?

XOMTOR

Just saw a Killzone gameplay video from E3. Hoy shit at that terrible enemy AI. Reminded me of the N64/PS days.

Whaaa? Please no, Killzone needs its awesome AI.

Truthfully, one of the early videos when the game was announced "seemed" to have what appeared to be pared-back AI in comparison to the console Killzones but I figured it was just the demo/specific encounter. Any link to the video you're referring to?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just saw a Killzone gameplay video from E3. Hoy shit at that terrible enemy AI. Reminded me of the N64/PS days.

For someone who doesn't own or like the Vita, or the Killzone franchise at all, you sure spend a lot of time trolling these threads...

Hyperbowl much? And link to said Video?

Welp that's it. Vita has no system sellers and all they have are ports and indies. Pack it up guys.

This is meant to be sarcasm?

I mean, I pass no judgment on the quality of the games in the OP, and several actually do interest me a good deal, believe it or not (Tearaway, Ys Celceta, Batman AOB), but when there are only a handful of retail exclusives there, and the two biggest were respectively announced ten months and nearly 2.5 years ago...

Rashid

Banned
Has anyone managed to get Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII working on Vita? I'd buy a Vita just to play it. Then I'd be able to try indie games because they're cheap as chips.

Killzone, Tearaway, Rayman Legends, Batman are four retail titles I'm looking forward too. Velocity Ultra, Spelunky, Stealth Inc, Oddworld New N' Tasty will satisfy my indie itch.

I'm hoping the framerate in Jak and Daxter Collection is solid.

Top Bottom