• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2013: Vita Has Games

RoKKeR

Damn. Killzone, Tearaway, Batman, and Rayman are all on my watch list. I am stuck with my Vita at college until Christmas time until I get the PS4, so I'm glad to see these great games for Vita coming.

Didn't really dawn on me that there were so many upcoming Vita games I want to play until I saw that OP. I wonder if that Ys game is meant to be any good. Did it get a good response when it came out in Japan?

Wonko_C

Didn't really dawn on me that there were so many upcoming Vita games I want to play until I saw that OP. I wonder if that Ys game is meant to be any good. Did it get a good response when it came out in Japan?

All Ys games have been excellent so far.

$h@d0w

If you aren't disappointed by Vita's showings at E3, the surely I am disappointed in you. NOt major announcement that actually sells the device and its apparent that Sony is focusing on building its library with ports and smaller indie titles.

The way the PSP was handled was better. Damn I loved the PSP.

I wasn't severely disappointed because I didn't have high expectations to be honest. Sony are launching the PS4 this year, that has obviously got to be the focus of the company. I'm not sure how much of The Walking Dead bundle Sony can shift too, given that the target audience has probably already played it elsewhere.

What we did get, however, is an onslaught of titles. As a PS Vita owner, I don't feel betrayed or left out and I certainly don't get the impression that Sony has given up on the platform.

The indie focus doesn't irk me at all. To me, games are games. Sometimes the more left field the better. The last two games I finished were Space Funeral and Bioshock 2.

faridmon

I wasn't severely disappointed because I didn't have high expectations to be honest. Sony are launching the PS4 this year, that has obviously got to be the focus of the company. I'm not sure how much of The Walking Dead bundle Sony can shift too, given that the target audience has probably already played it elsewhere.

What we did get, however, is an onslaught of titles. As a PS Vita owner, I don't feel betrayed or left out and I certainly don't get the impression that Sony has given up on the platform.

The indie focus doesn't irk me at all. To me, games are games. Sometimes the more left field the better. The last two games I finished were Space Funeral and Bioshock 2.

That is actually fair point. I haven't really taken that into consideration.
However, this begs the question of; why not sort out your handheld, who recently have released, first before you tackle your main console's launch?

Also, we seem to have to expectation of the handheld. That is fair. But for me I like option and the more software to choose from, the healthier my mentality will be towards it. Those games look wonderful, yes, but more is better. PSP had an exuberant amount of titles which I did enjoy picking and choosing from.

Razdek

Banned
I don't care if they announced 100 games if most of them are going to be crappy indie ones. I want real Vita experiences like Tearaway and more of them. Where's all of Sony's first and second party offerings?

joeblow

Nice thread summary. Props to the OP. There are a few titles on the list that I am really looking forward to getting, though I wish there was something on the same level as the Uncharted Golden Abyss release at launch.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I guess since they are all in e3 it is safe to assume that all of the games mentioned in the OP already has a confirmation of getting English release?

I keep forgetting that certain Vita games exist and suddenly I want a whole bunch of them. Basically the only thing keeping me from a Vita is future 3rd party support. Very few titles are being announced.

Clockwork5

A couple games I might want to try. But disappointing... Once all of these games are out there will be a total of 5 vita games I would purchase.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Pretty much, the games from the first part of the list were all on the show floor (from watching the Kotaku Au video): http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/so...those-who-say-there-are-no-games-for-ps-vita/

Hmm, good then.

Actually from that list there are quite a number of games I am interested in:

Dragon's Crown
Ys
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Muramasa Rebirth
Valhalla Knights 3 (still a maybe though)
Flower
Hotline Miami
Lone Survivor
FFXHD/FFX-2

Huh... quite a number.

johnnysix

Neo Member
Been looking for an excuse to pick up a handheld. Was leaning towards a 3DS XL but with all these great games, I think I might have to grab a Vita. Looks like they'll finally have the software line-up to match the impressive hardware. The remote play stuff will also be handy.

PC ports, and ports in general just aren't going to convince me to buy a system, and sadly, many of those titles are just that.

None of those games look like they can push the system on their own like a MonHun, Pokemon, or similar title could.

But maybe I'm totally wrong.

If you could play Destiny, Infamous Second Son and other Playstation 4 titles remotely on your Vita would you?

The ONLY reason I'm getting a Vita is because I expect to be able to play PS4 games on my Vita when my main TV is already being watched.

Do we have any details on how Square is going to be selling the FFX HD games yet? Can I buy the 2 of them for the same price as I can on PS3. Thats all I care about

dhlt25

as I said in other thread being a vita owner with all of those indies on PC already. I hope fore more original title on the system. Doesn't have to be AAA but quality retail title like tearaway or those awesome psp rpg. The being said out of that list I'm interested in tearaway, meruru + and may be toukiden. If Tales of Xillia is confirm (unlikely) then vita will have a decent release schedule the rest of this year.

CamHostage

I was disappointed, like a lot of us, that Sony didn't unveil at least one surprise killer app for Vita (I was hoping for the next SCE Bend game, or something portable from SCE Santa Monica, or that portable version of DCU that SOE originally thought it could do, or that rumored second AC game Assassin's Creed Phoenix Rising, or GT6 Portable, or something else spun off from their library like Puppeteer or Sorcery or Knack...

Hell, I'd even have taken a Vita tech demo of the Quantic Dream engine even if they're not planning a game for the system (though it'd be awesome if Sony could convince them to take a satellite studio on as a little brother using the tech and the mocap labs but doing their own titles out of their own office to not get in the way.)

Still, Tearaway and Batman: AO Blackgate and Rayman and Killzone Mercenaries looked aces, and the indie titles were worth crowing about.

And I actually wasn't expecting much of anything from Vita at E3 (well, I was expecting at least one thing,) the real proof of the system's future will be the Vita showing at TGS. If Japan doesn't take to this system in a big bad way (and without Monster Hunter right now, that's a big job to conquer,) the future will turn bleak. As long as Japan supports it though and as long as the indies love it and as long as Sony puts out at least a few killer apps a year, Vita will sit alongside PSP as the system everybody else called a "failure" that I was always having too much fun to notice the bad side of.

randomkid

Open Me! is not out now. Well not for people that don't have a Asian or Japanese account on their Vita

I was wondering why I couldn't find this on the store. Any idea when it's set for release here? No joke, this is one of my most anticipated Vita titles.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I wonder if the reason we haven't seen anything above 32GB yet is because it's not possible. Vita memory cards seem extremely similar to Memory Stick M2s, just with slightly different pins...

vitam2nyq6h.jpg

...and the theoretical maximum for M2 cards is 32GB. I wouldn't put it past Sony to just take one of their old memory formats and toss out a pin to get a "new" format for the Vita.

It's too bad a microSD adapter is probably physically impossible due to its size.

It's too bad they didn't use microSD in the first place.

Sony and proprietary formats urgh.

Has there been any news about Terraria since it was announced?
Nope. Looks like they're focusing on the iOS port now. :/

They'll either fart out the Vita port at the same time or we'll hear more about it after the iOS port is out. Sucks because I really want that game on Vita and have held off the console version because of it...

dreamfall

Great thread! Some of those games I had not even heard of, and I thought I was paying attention.

I'm really excited to have Flower on the go, and Dragon's Crown was pre-ordered months ago. Also really hyped about Killzone Mercenary- here's hoping the Online community is robust.

My Vita hasn't gotten as much love since Animal Crossing came out, but in time! Tearaway looks so innovative, and papercraft aesthetics are dreamy!

Arsenic13

Sony would do best with promoting these games, even if a lot of them aren't the typical genre or type of games that have a huge audience. A Nintendo Direct-like Vita video would be nice from them. If they're not going to drop the price, they at least need to for the memory cards.

Having a portable console with day-1 digital releases and such a large store, with proprietary memory cards, is just preventing people from buying more. If the space was cheap, then online purchases can be done. It's a shame they don't see cheap memory as an incentive/cause of more PSN purchases.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
pretty pumped to grab a Vita - these games should hold me over til the PS4 + remote play kick in.

does Ys look really bad to anyone else? like the most cliche'd JRPG of all time. other games look great, though:

ffx/x2
killzone
tearaway
twd 400 days (might play this on my 360, though - i think these play better on the big screen)
muramasa rebirth
olliolli (looks rad as hell)
rayman legends
1001 spikes
lone survivor

wish the jak & daxter framerate didn't blow so much... never played these before

They'll either fart out the Vita port at the same time or we'll hear more about it after the iOS port is out. Sucks because I really want that game on Vita and have held off the console version because of it...

Where was the source for this? I've seen it mentioned a few times but if this is true I'll be really upset.

Mileena

Banned
That's a big list of indie games. I look forward to Ys and Batman when I can get a PS4 remote play device for around $100

...or the Vita port is finished and in certification? That would certainly fit with their stated "summer" release target for it.

Sony would do best with promoting these games, even if a lot of them aren't the typical genre or type of games that have a huge audience. A Nintendo Direct-like Vita video would be nice from them. If they're not going to drop the price, they at least need to for the memory cards.

Having a portable console with day-1 digital releases and such a large store, with proprietary memory cards, is just preventing people from buying more. If the space was cheap, then online purchases can be done. It's a shame they don't see cheap memory as an incentive/cause of more PSN purchases.

I don't think anyone at Sony knows how to promote games like these. Personally I'd love to see them create a whole campaign around them, run some ads on Adult Swim, You Tube, etc showing off the quirky indie games that are quickly defining the system

sadly they will end up spending those marketing dollars on Killzone. :(

Meier

The number of games it has doesn't matter until they make the memory card prices more palatable. :\ I have the VLR cart out from Gamefly and just haven't been able to dig into it for whatever reason... I might send it back and get TLOU and try VLR at a later date.

Akira_83

Banned
outside of Killzone, Tearaway and maybe batman that im interested in that list looks embarrasingly like something i would see on an "upcoming IOS release" calendar

Top Bottom