• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2013: Vita Has Games

Sylver

Banned
That list is kind of mediocre.
I hope PS4 won't take that too many indie games trend I see on VITA. They are cool and all but I don't spend money in a HiTech device to play doped SNES quality games.
Killzone looks awesome cannot wait.

Jawmuncher

That list is kind of mediocre.
I hope PS4 won't take that too many indie games trend I see on VITA. They are cool and all but I don't spend money in a HiTech device to play doped SNES quality games.
Killzone looks awesome cannot wait.

That's kind of how I feel.
I love indie games but for a console they should be a nice addition for the console not the main course.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Are there any good SRPGs for Vita? I know of Disgaea but I'm not sure if its any good, dood!

Fixed.

The number of SRPGs on the system is quite limited (There really aren't that many SRPGs in general), but the PSP catalogue has many of the best specimens that the genre can offer. Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jean D' Arc, the original Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and more. Not sure if all of them are on the vita store, but be sure to check them out.

Fixed.

The number of SRPGs on the system is quite limited (There really aren't that many SRPGs in general), but the PSP catalogue has many of the best specimens that the genre can offer. Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jean D' Arc, the original Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and more. Not sure if all of them are on the vita store, but be sure to check them out.

Do they really need anything else when Tactics Ogre is on the system? Best strategy RPG of all time.

Giygas AF

Anyone else think its a bad sign when the best games on a system are from the older psp/ps one? Vita really needs to start pumping out handheld games not just ports or PS3. Oh well...*goes off to play Alundra*

DiscoJer

Anyone else think its a bad sign when the best games on a system are from the older psp/ps one? Vita really needs to start pumping out handheld games not just ports or PS3. Oh well...*goes off to play Alundra*

As someone who was a huge PSP fan, it's actually nice to see the PSP's library finally getting some love/acknowledgment of how awesome it was, between the Vita and that PSP emulator.

But if you look at the numbers in the NPD thread for the VIta's software (it's on page 13), I guess I can understand why it doesn't get much support. Even if DD doubles or even triples those numbers, it's pretty dire.

video for the platformer Metrico: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4tFt6rArRk

here's some lone Frozen Synapse visual promo material to add to OP if you want:

1359722981-headerFB.jpg

gaming-frozen-synapse-tactics.jpg

the only video available for the game is motion capture preparation on Double Eleven's youtube channel, but it's video progress nonetheless.

...a bunch of Binding of Issac Rebirth work-in-progress stuff from the BOI wiki:

Tumblr_mebq0iaO6k1rwh6p8o1_1280.jpg

YvXJ1.jpg

85Nz9.gif

Rebirth_Boss_Sprites.png

Rebirth_Gurdy_etc_Sprites.png

KCtKmCn.gif

...video and a screenshot for Panopticon/Freedom Wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zbASwi1_rg&feature=player_embedded
Eia4Ru2.jpg

Top Bottom