• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "unprecedented" Pokémon game in development (Pikachu-related?)

drgambit

Banned
Moemon officially brought into canon, first official title is a spinoff starring Pikamoe.

pikamoe0ek2y.png

If this was announced, I would go nuts. I wish moemon was an actual real thing... (not just a patch)

L~A

I really wonder what this is all about.

One thing's for sure though : if there's any announcement, it won't be made during that interview, but probably before.

This article really explains most of the curiosity I had.

This rules out a Mega Evolution. And explains my of something that would make Pikachu less popular. I knew that Pikachu couldn't really become much more popular. But that they're worried bad game might hurt things completely makes sense.

Well, I look forward to the game, and that it's good.
At worst, it can't be worse than Hey You Pikachu! and Pokemon Channel.

This article really explains most of the curiosity I had.

This rules out a Mega Evolution. And explains my of something that would make Pikachu less popular. I knew that Pikachu couldn't really become much more popular. But that they're worried bad game might hurt things completely makes sense.

Well, I look forward to the game, and that it's good.
At worst, it can't be worse than Hey You Pikachu! and Pokemon Channel.

I really wouldn't take that link as much. Not only does it seem to have a detail no one has reported (boy and his Pikachu game) but also words things differently.

Ever other place says it's a change to Pikachu in some way and no one knows what's up with the game (be it a NEW game that started in the summer or just XY) Even the Japanese fans think it's Mega Pikachu and that makes the most sense.

They have already made more than one game ABOUT Pikachu. Hey You Pikachu, Pokemon Pikachu, Pokemon Pikachu 2, Poke-Park, Poke-Park 2 ... done of which ripped down it's popularity.

GF is in no way dumb enough to green-light a game that depicts Pikachu in such a tone shifting light that it "endangers it's popularity" via the game's quality alone (As in, everything about the game besides Pikachu's design).

But what WOULD scare a GF top wig? Mega Pikachu. It's a design change and once it's made it can't be un-made ... it would be there forever. That's why I'm sure they gave Mewtwo and Charizard 2 mega's each, to cover their ass and please the fans.

Mr.Speedy

Banned
I've said it once and I will say it again. If a pokemon mmo like game or f-zero is announced for the Wii U, I will buy one the very next day.

ash_ag

IF WE GET A MEGA PIKACHU BEFORE MEGA RAICHU I'M FUCKING KILLING MYSELF

I think that Pikachu evolving straight into Mega Raichu (and then turning back into Pikachu) should be thought of as a considerable likelihood. I wouldn't write off a "Mega Raichu P" (versus regular Mega Raichu) either, maybe with just aesthetic differences.

Kouriozan

Pikachu : *evil laughter*
"In this summer, Ishihawa was in developing the game as ever see. The new game is to change the most popular game character Pikachu. However, there is a possibility to fall the popularity in a moment because Pikachu is beloved by all for long years. So what was his decision in that time ? Original : この夏、石原はこれまでにないゲームの開発に取りかかっていた。それは、一番人気のキャラクター・ピカチュウに大胆に手を加えるという新ゲーム。しかし長年愛さ れてきたキャラクターだけに、下手をすれば一気に人気を失う恐れもある。その時、下した石原の決断とは。"
I see what they meant :p

Raven77

Why not just release a semi open world Pokemon RPG with full gorgeous 3d graphics and online coop and mmo-style "hub cities"?

I would buy it.

Top Bottom