• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What platform are you buying Tekken 7 for?

PS4. PC without crossplay is going to be dead. I may pick it up later on PC but I seriously doubt an already 60fps game is going to look much better on PC than the Pro version.

LogN

All three platforms. (Hear me out :p)

I'm getting it for free on Xbox, but will likely never play it on that.. actually, I know I won't, but I'll still have it.
PS4 I'm buying for myself and PC a group of friends and I are pooling to get it for each other; weird I know. Essentially we play competitive, so.. yeah, gotta have it on all platforms, just in case :)

amdb00mer

Xbox and PC. I want to support Namco's efforts in making more of these games multiplat. I will do the same with Ace Combat 7.

stn

PS4, because of the exclusive skins. This is assuming that both the XBO and PS4 versions are otherwise exactly the same.

PC for sure. I have wanted a proper PC port of Tekken for years, and want to support the long overdue move...if the PC version actually runs well.

Coda

PS4 version because I own a Pro and I like that the Jukebox feature is exclusive to that platform. Also PS4 will definitely have the bigger player base. Plus gaming on consoles is always a painless experience compared to trying to get everything set up on a PC.

Yudoken

PC for sure. I have wanted a proper PC port of Tekken for years, and want to support the long overdue move...if the PC version actually runs well.

It looks like a really good version.

Aris praised the pc version when it showed up 8 months ago as the definitive version.

And there's no indication for a mediocre port.
They even have ultrawide monitor support for a fighting game.

I wish that they would market the pc version like the PS4 version but they are tied with Sony for marketing for now.

Maybe we will see it in a Tekken talk.

Aris praised the pc version when it showed up 8 months ago as the definitive version.

I wish that they would market the pc version like the PS4 version but they are tied with Sony for marketing for now.

That is good to hear. Can't wait to see the PC version running.

ZeroX03

Banned

I've been hands on with the PC version a couple of times. On high end systems it looks incredible and it's rock steady 60fps.

PS4 has 3 exclusive outfits and jukebox mode but I don't have ps+ and don't plan on subscribing. I do on the other hand have xbox gold... decisions decisions.

NH Apache

Banned
Bone/scorpio. I know it's technically not as good, but it's where my local friends are. Nothing like talking shit in person.

PS4 (Pro) just because I grew up with Tekken right from the start on PS1, having actual arcade games at home was amazing back then and playing Tekken on any other platform just doesn't feel right to me now.

tariniel

I think I will buy it on PC, make use of Steams 2 hour refund window to try out the netcode, and keep it if it seems good. That or I'll pre-order just to make sure I get the character for it and let the internet tell me if the netcode is good before I even try it.

I really want it to be good but I have no one to play with in person.

Yudoken

I think I will buy it on PC, make use of Steams 2 hour refund window to try out the netcode, and keep it if it seems good. That or I'll pre-order just to make sure I get the character for it and let the internet tell me if the netcode is good before I even try it.

I really want it to be good but I have no one to play with in person.

I wouldn't judge the online experience in the launch day/week.

Most of the time (for almost any bigger game) there are going to be issues here and there which will ironed out sooner or later (most of the time slow automatic matchmaking).
The nice thing about T7 is that you have enough to do in singleplayer modes (playing story, unlocking stuff and more).

There are going to be a lot of newbies, just join one of the Tekken discords and manually matchup against other people there.

Bgamer90

Banned
PS4 has 3 exclusive outfits and jukebox mode but I don't have ps+ and don't plan on subscribing. I do on the other hand have xbox gold... decisions decisions.

Your post just reminded me that I don't have PS+ either (I have Xbox Live Gold though). I want to get this on the Pro. Ugh. That's a bit annoying.

Top Bottom