• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What platform are you buying Tekken 7 for?

Hazaku

PS4 - Resolution doesn't bother me as the local arcade has an outdated T7 build/cabinets that looks way fuglier.

Also all my homies are on PS4.

Ordered it for PS4 from Best Buy today. Speaking of which, how do pre-order bonuses tend to work from them? I never order from them but I wanted the steel-book and I wanted in-store pick-up because I'm tired of getting games days after launch through Amazon (and I don't do gamestop anymore).

Arklite

PS4 and Xbox one. Where people will actually play this.

PC community will probably be fine, although another question might be content support as it's been case by case for PC. SFV has been on point, but MKX was a disappointment, Guilty Gear has been fine, and DOA5 was less than ideal. Tekken's an open question.

fernoca

PS4, Deluxe Edition too.

Mostly because the PS4 is my fightimg games console, then it turned out it also has the most extras (jukebox, VR).

I should get it on PS4. But I'll be getting it on PC for the 4K (hopefully doable on my PC). Online play is irrelevant to me as it's the insanity of the game and characters I enjoy most.

TKM

PS4(Pro) day one even though I'll devote most of my time to GGXRD- Rev2. Tekken and Playstation just go together

Squishy3

PC, I'm done paying for PS+. I'll also actually be able to use any controller I want to without needing to jump through hoops.

I've always bought Tekken for PlayStation (hell, it was the main reason I got a PS1), but I think I'll be picking it up on PC this time around. Not sure yet.

dadjumper

Will wait and see if the PC port is good, and then snag that if it is. If not, PS4. I don't have a pro and my PC is pretty beefy so I imagine it'll look better on PC.

Pachael

PC
Partially to support Namco and its day and date PC releases. Also, Harada has banked enough trust over the series for a day 1 purchase.

RossoneR

Banned
PS4. Played it for 20 years on ps, dont see it changing.

Also cant play fighters or action games on 360 controller, face buttons feel just wrong for me.

Pachimari

PC and PS4.

I'm double dipping and buying both versions. I'm getting serious about learning and practicing to become a better Tekken player (hopefully pro someday), and would want the convenience of having the option to play on whatever. I like practicing on monitor 1, while writing down on monitor 2 and maybe watching tutorials, reading or chatting with my fellow Tekken people on monitor 3.

But most times I would probably like to lean back in the sofa and get a few hundred games in, to practice my game against other people, to learn and observe.

PC and PS4 :

PC :

- Best choice for local play (Every pad / stick compatible on PC)
- Best graphics, best resolution, mods
- I expect a good community on PC :)

PS4 :

- Just so i can play with more random people / friends. I'll play on PC whenever it's possible tho'.

Banned
Is Steve considered a cheap or noob friendly tiered character? Him and Jin are the only characters I know how to use decently

Banned
Is Steve considered a cheap or noob friendly tiered character? Him and Jin are the only characters I know how to use decently
Edit: Also PS4 I guess since arcades aren't a thing in my country anymore

Both. Double the amount of people to body.

Edit: Also PS4 I guess since arcades aren't a thing in my country anymore

Nope. Steve is very technical to play.

Tailer

PC, I probably won't be playing that much online since am not that competitive and wouldn't be surprised if I got ruined if I try to play online at any other point than launch.
And its nice to have as much as possible on one device. But I'd be happy to see a switch version. Would definitely double dip.

Banned
Steve is considered hard to learn, while Jin is considered medium.

You can find a character guide here.

Both. Double the amount of people to body.

Nope. Steve is very technical to play.

wait wut I honestly thought Steeve was considered nooby/cheap character to use. Maybe because the way I personally learned him. I guess I will just main him since I still remember how to do his combos. I'm a much more motivated to play now, this is awesome. Thanks for the information resource too

Wegelius

Neo Member
Huh, I was planning to buy the pc version as I thought that my ps3 stick wouldn't work on the ps4 version but I read that it does, if it does then I will buy the ps4 version due to the higher population.

Nocturno999

PC because of the benefits stated many times. I believe it will have a healthy community, specially in Asia.

PS4 for local tournaments.

Top Bottom