• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What platform are you buying Tekken 7 for?

PS4 only for now. I'll wait for performance analyses on the PC version, but I'd like to double dip so I can play it on my laptop (i7-6700HQ, 6GB GTX 1060, 16GB DDR4) so I can practice during downtime at work, assuming my laptop can manage stable 1080p/60fps. Pretty sure I'm just on the recommended spec, so I'm a bit worried my laptop wouldn't really handle it smoothly, but like I said -- I'll see how performance analyses turn out.
A 1060 should play it amazingly I would guess. Isn't the min like a 750? My laptop is similar specs btw.

Arklite

... how many of you guys are co-oping with Speedkicks and Mr. Naps on a daily basis? Other platforms are just as competitive. That's just how ranking up works.

That's like saying the real competitive scene is only in korean/japanese arcades.

Pretty much also assumes that no legacy or pro players might decide to migrate to a new platform.

Hence why I said if 'you're already good' and specified a competitive focus as any community is fine for general play. For someone trying to choose, like OP, that's really the only substantial difference to gameplay as every other factor comes down to better graphics or preferred controller or preferred friends lists.

btw, i think PC owners are exaggerating a little bit with the whole "tekken online community will be dead"

i didn't do a tally, but skimming through the thread it looks like more people said they will get it for PC than Ps4

NeoGAF threads and polls are never anywhere near to real life situations...

What!!! Really last time i looked into it he wasn't in this one...

He's probably a skin. You gotta do the Contra code over some new girl's icon that has the same move set.

I think I'm going for PS4 even though I have a PC that is way overpowered for it. It all boils down to player base and I think the PC will be pretty thin in that department when compared to the PS4.

Arklite

PS4

- it'll have the most players not called the arcade version
- it has exclusive content
- no crossplay so PC is TS
- my PC isn't very good

But I'll still play the arcade version more often tho. Lol

Arcade >>>>>>>>>>>> home ports.

Assuming you mean arcade community makes it best, because otherwise the arcade version seems to be plagued with that odd and frequent stutter all throughout matches.

I don't really consider that brand loyalty, it's more of an attachment of memories to a thing. Like drinking Jack Daniels because that's what your dad drank when you were a kid. For many people, they grew up playing Tekken on PlayStations, so that's a powerful nostalgia. Doesn't mean playing on PC is inferior, but Tekken definitely is strongly attached to the PlayStation brand at this point.
Exactly this. For all intents and purposes, Tekken is my Halo, and Jin Kazama is my Master Chief.
NeoGAF threads and polls are never anywhere near to real life situations...
True, but the thing is Gaf alone already looks like it will populate the Pc community, and now consider all the people who don't post on forums.

Corine

PC since I own a lot of fighting games on it and have never had a problem getting an online match on any of them.

EYEL1NER

Xbone. Someone needs to show publishers that there are starving fighting game fans who play Xbone. It will probably be pretty barren online (can't imagine it will be as bad as the UMvC3 port though, picked up a physical copy from GameStop the day it came out and couldn't find a match online at 7pm), but I don't play fighting games online all that much.

Something is telling me that the player base on the PS4 is going to be bigger than we think.

Than we think? Isn't it almost assured that the player base on PS4 is going to be the largest, probably by a decent margin?

I'd assume if your outside of the US & UK, you'd have to opt for the PS4 version just to get a sizeable community and good connections more often.

ZeroX03

Banned
Something is telling me that the player base on the PS4 is going to be bigger than we think.

The bulk of active players and all tournaments will be on PS4. That's not really in question.

If you want to play online against the best pool of players, you've only got the one choice. It'll be the highest selling platform by far, until the PC version is down to $5.

PC, want PS4 as well but maybe if I get REALLY into it I will double dip. Interested to see what the community is like in Asia PC, assume it will be fairly healthy.

Top Bottom