• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Screenshot Thread

X0lcUle.jpg

55fRKmF.jpg

Spladam

Guys, this thread has been amazing (amazing huge on my internet cache over the last month hahahah), many of you guys have real photography skills. This thread is some of the best PR GG could have ever gotten, it made me buy the game. I've taken so many screens but there has been so much quality here that I've never bothered to post, I just wanted to say I've been amazed every time I stop by here.

Eggbok

As far as I can tell Horzon has the biggest photomode thread so far and with the updates next week it wlll only get bigger.
Hopefully Death Stranding and Spider-Man get one. God of War's will be awesome as well.

cooldawn

As far as I can tell Horzon has the biggest photomode thread so far and with the updates next week it wlll only get bigger.
Hopefully Death Stranding and Spider-Man get one. God of War's will be awesome as well.
Just checked and Driveclub stalled at 43 pages. Not half-bad.

If Spider-Man lacks a proper quality Photo Mode, Insomniac fucked up badly. There you have a game that not only is made for Photo Mode, but also has a built-in justification for it.

Spladam

Spladam, looking at your pics I can't shake off one feeling.
It seems that your PS4 is set to wrong RGB levels - pics look washed out.

PS4's Automatic RGB setting is unreliable, so double check your TV / PS4

Not trying to diss Terry. Just a thing you might look at.

Have a nice one
Thanks, I'll check it out. You think it might be the color filters I'm using too? Many of the pics are using the Black and White settings at partial intensity.. I use them to get better contrast on the backgrounds and blacks. Maybe I'm using this because of bad settings... I'll see.

Edit: I set the PS4 RGB setting to limited, and put my TV in Game Mode. What does it mean if I almost never see the white circle on the brightness setting? Now I'm thinking about this too much. I'll post an unmolested default screenshot later and see what you think.

Edit 2: It seems the PS4 RGB auto setting had it set to limited, which, after trying Full, is definitely the right setting. Most of my screens were takes with a custom "User" setting on my TV, I'll see if it looks better in Game mode. (which it seems has the same backlight setting as my user setting.)

Edit 3: After much inspection, everything was fine, it was the filters I was using. I used them to tone down the color to get a more natural and less video gamey scene. Guess it some don't like that.

So maybe a stupid question. But on the surface, it's looking like you could get some actually photography practice out of this game. Is the photo mode pretty robust?

So maybe a stupid question. But on the surface, it's looking like you could get some actually photography practice out of this game. Is the photo mode pretty robust?

It's one of the most robust Photo Modes out there, behind only Driveclub's, IMO. It's missing Shutter Speed options, but that isn't a huge deal.

You definitely can get a lot of mileage and practice from it, especially to develop an eye for composition. Since everything is still for as long as you want it, you can go around and try several different captures of the same place, several variations on a theme, and that's generally the best way to develop an internal library of aesthetic compositions that you can apply later in real life.

There was an article on Waypoint about a photographer using Horizon's Photo Mode as practice for travel photography, even.

Top Bottom