• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get your hopes up too much. The only people actively playing the game are Vinny and Alex (and Alex is technically just watching it) and we'll see if they stick with it. Jeff and Dan will probably never play it at this rate. Backalar might give it a shot.

What about
Bread
?

Hjod

Banned
no, he's still banned

XS5LK.gif

I don't, can someone please explain?

For the next Film & 40s I would like them to watch, Raid 1 and 2, Bad Boys 1 and 2, Hard Target or Cobra (the one with Stallone).

That Idle Thumbs Bombcast was really good. Like others said, the IT guys are much better at explaining why a thing is good than the GB guys are.
Yes it waa great. Chris and Jake are much more articulate/intelligent so it's great to hear them on the show.

If you've never listened to Idle Thumbs you have 9 years worth to catch up on.

Meneses

Since Dan's away, it will probably be Alex drumming through the entirety of Beatles Rock Band while Vinny shows off his coin collection.

Meneses

So i'm really loving Persona but I can't stop thinking about Nier:A's true ending, especially the way
the song changes when you do the thing
and I might just replay it all the way through instead of playing anything else.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How...."open world-y" is Nier? I started playing a couple days and my eyes rolled backwards into my skull once I've started running around a boring empty city, doing meaningless "go there pick up x" sidequests and picking up materials to craft. I haven't played it since but not just for those reasons

I really hope you guys didn't trick me into buying a Ubisoft open world game cause it really feels like one so far

Got around to watching Steins;Gate the movie since it released recently on bluray(never watched it back in the day besides the series). It's a testament to the characters that even though not much happens in the film(well compared to what happens in the series) I still loved it because I got to spend time with them. I missed them.
'Our Father, who art in tacos, Chalupa be your name. Thy burritos come, your will be done, at The Bell as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily quesadilla, and forgive us our stealing of sauce packets, as we forgive those who use too many. And lead us not into the bathroom, but deliver us from indigestion. For thine is the greatest restaurant, for ever and ever, Taco Bell.'"

smeqzxf3eb0i.jpg

I think Dan is out. They probably don't want to finish it without him.

Pretty much. Looking forward to tomorrow's stream!

Meneses

How...."open world-y" is Nier? I started playing a couple days and my eyes rolled backwards into my skull once I've started running around a boring empty city, doing meaningless "go there pick up x" sidequests and picking up materials to craft. I haven't played it since but not just for those reasons

I really hope you guys didn't trick me into buying a Ubisoft open world game cause it really feels like one so far

Nier's open world is there mainly for atmosphere and to create a sense of desolation and abandon. It's not really an open world in the usual meaning of the term.

The fetch quests are just that, but the real payoff is the stories behind them and character development.

It can get a bit tedious but you unlock fast travel not long into the game and you eventually get a chip that auto picks up items, which makes things a lot smoother.

Please tell me they're going to sell that shirt in the store...

I NEED THAT SHIRT.

That would be my third Giant Bomb shirt

- Dan/Vinny Contra TITR
- Giant Bomb College font- Grey

Meneses

Man I hope they unlock the (real estate related)
turkey
scene in Yakuza 0, I was laughing my ass off when I saw it.

I don't remember if they'd need to play a lot of it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom