• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General John Kelly is a bald-faced liar, told false story to slander Congresswoman

Tovarisc

JsoXAt9.png

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/921451645250211840

BajiBoxer

Banned
Van ATTACKED Trump on every issue in regards to that speech but said that Trump was presidential (as in acting out the role of a president) in that moment where he honored the wife of the slain soldier which was an objective fact.

No, he didn't state an objective fact. He teared up and gave an opinion. The exact quote:
Van Jones said:
He became President of the United States in that moment, period

That was one of the most extraordinary moments you have ever seen in American politics

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...the-president-in-that-moment-cnntv/index.html

That's called a subjective opinion. A fact would be if he said Donald Trump became President January 20th 2017.

I'd say it was a rather stupid opinion too. Donald Trump woodenly read a prepared statement someone else wrote just like every other politician in America. Though with far less sincerity. Jones and others had simply set the bar so low that every moment he wasn't a unintelligable raving lunatic seemed like some profound moment to them.

This is a litmus test for how much of a proxy military dictatorship the US is in.
Lots of high placed commentators who loath trump apparently feel that criticism of a FOUR STAR GENERAL, cititicism of any kind, is utterly unacceptable. The pentagon and the top brass are considered as sage older statesman now who by virtue of their service are above politics and above mistakes. That's a worry because one day they may decide something and to hell with most of the opinion of the people or "empty barrel" congress members.

This is a litmus test for how much of a proxy military dictatorship the US is in.
Lots of high placed commentators who loath trump apparently feel that criticism of a FOUR STAR GENERAL, cititicism of any kind, is utterly unacceptable. The pentagon and the top brass are considered as sage older statesman now who by virtue of their service are above politics and above mistakes. That's a worry because one day they may decide something and to hell with most of the opinion of the people or "empty barrel" congress members.

I remember how Bush used Colin Powell's credibility and image as a decorated general to mislead the American public about the existence of WMD in Iraq.

Wag

Is Kelly finally losing it? It's weird and sometimes funny seeing a politician unravel, but I find it more unsettling when it's someone like a general. Things must be pretty bad anywhere when that sort of thing is happening.

He's a politician. He holds a political office.

I figure it wasn't malicious and deliberate but a sort of nasty filter that he has. He was at this building opening event and saw her black ass speaking and laid down the memories of it in exactly the way he regurgitated them. the whitehouse never apologizes, so Here we are. Another grudge to add to the huge pile.

tbm24

I figure it wasn't malicious and deliberate but a sort of nasty filter that he has. He was at this building opening event and saw her black ass speaking and laid down the memories of it in exactly the way he regurgitated them. the whitehouse never apologizes, so Here we are. Another grudge to add to the huge pile.
If it’s because he’s a racist, then that’s pretty malicious.

None of what he said was even remotely true, by any measure. It was pretty damn malicious.

Watch the speech.

Horns

Who doesn't fucking lie like this in the administration? Trump is the worst of them all but they're all bad. Pence has been caught in some bad ones. His press secretaries are the worst. Kelly has been sold as the adult who won't lie but this proves that is not true. They're all terrible with the truth and it's going to haunt the government for a long time.

Tovarisc

Isn't it also its own remarkable story that Sanders straight out said you aren't supposed to question Generals in any way?

Isn't it also its own remarkable story that Sanders straight out said you aren't supposed to question Generals in any way?

It would if she was someone known to have any shred of morals/credibility but she's just a mouthpiece for a morally bankrupt administration. I mean these people coined "alternative facts".

Tovarisc

It would if she was someone known to have any shred of morals/credibility but she's just a mouthpiece for a morally bankrupt administration. I mean these people coined "alternative facts".

It's all in "Authoritarianism for dummies" handbook. From alt facts to (military) leadership being beyond reproach. Does Kelly believe that too or not is unknown, but is yet another sign of how administration thinks.

Van Jones is a fucking idiot.

Exactly. i cringe every time someone acts like Van Jones is anything other than a useful idiot, who if you didn't know was an idiot, would be far more dangerous for the average person watching and taking him seriously, and then somehow using anything he says to inform their decision making on anything of consequence.

watershed

Banned
Kelly is now as ethically empty and morally corrupt as the rest of the administration. I thought he was supposed to be a straight shooter type.

tbm24

Exactly. i cringe every time someone acts like Van Jones is anything other than a useful idiot, who if you didn't know was an idiot, would be far more dangerous for the average person watching and taking him seriously, and then somehow using anything he says to inform their decision making on anything of consequence.
Are you aware of what VanJones actually does outside of spending an hour or two on CNN some nights?

noquarter

I almost agree with her. The President should be questioning generals, Secretary of Defense should be questioning Generals. The Generals really shouldn't be in the news at all, so it shouldn't really come up.

Bummer Kelley is a retired General working as a public servant in a non-military position. He should be questioned as much as everyone else and should be held to a much higher standard. So, fuck him.

diunxx

I'm guessing most of trump's sheeps (including the cunt gaffers that support him) will refuse to watch the video and call it fake news.

Not

Banned
Is there no consequence for the constant libel and slander coming out of the administration? Why do they just get a free pass on all of this shit?

Because conservatives will do literally anything to comfortably maintain white supremacy

And I mean COMFORTABLY. Have you seen those billionaire donations?

rjinaz

I mean we already had Stephen Miller flat out say we should never question the president, and not many even batted an eye.

Van Jones is a fucking idiot.

He’s worse than that. Luckily his credibility was destroyed over that moment, there’s a reason why no one talks about him anymore aside from rightly mocking him as a fraud. Remember how often he was praised in the run up to the election?

Are you aware of what VanJones actually does outside of spending and hour or two on CNN some nights?

Yes. He’s an outright fraud as a pundit and if he had any self respect would quit and draft up a sincere apology for how much of a stooge he’s been in that role. What he does outside of CNN doesn’t expunge what he’s said on CNN.

I always thought it was BOLD-faced liar. Is it really BALD?
Pretty sure both are acceptable.

Bold-faced meaning you’re putting on a brave face when lying (pretty straightforward). Bald-faced referred to an old superstition that men with beards were hiding something, so if you told a bald-faced lie it meant you didn’t have facial hair but were lying anyway, and this was worse because you wouldn’t expect someone with no beard to lie like that.

Top Bottom