• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General John Kelly is a bald-faced liar, told false story to slander Congresswoman

BajiBoxer

Banned
I wonder if the WH provided him the talking points on Wilson and he went along with it. I don't know if that's much or any better than him knowingly lying though.
I think either one is equally awful as he used his dead son as a prop for his deceitful political attack.

I mean, stop focusing on that and return to the story of what ACTUALLY happened in the Chad incursion.

Or look at it all at once and be able to care about multiple things. Because there's a lot of shit that's come out over the past 48 hours revolving around this mess that's all connected and is seemingly all fabrications or are distractions for fabrications.
While we're at it, can someone open a fuvking investigation into the Yemen raid which killed dozens of civilians, including children, and a US Navy Seal? Republicans are fucking garbage. Only wrap themselves in flag of America when it suits them politically. Dipshits and traitorous cunts, the lot of them.

Keep in mind that he regularly defends his boss; a man who held his own personal airing of the grievances in front of the CIA monument to fallen operatives who died in the line of duty.

kermit.jpg

abundant

Keep in mind that he regularly defends his boss; a man who held his own personal airing of the grievances in front of the CIA monument to fallen operatives who died in the line of duty.

kermit.jpg

According to SHS, that's completely different because Trump wasn't speaking at a Memorial Event.

Stop focusing on this.

Return the story to the fact that Trump lied and doubled down on this lie to throw a grieving mother under the bus.

We can focus on multiple things. These are all elements of the same story.

They sent out Kelly to be a voice of reason and decency and he told an elaborate, egregiously false story and has been caught with his pants down on it.

It’s unacceptable and the press needs to hold him, like Trump, accountable.

Kremzeek

I'm so glad they got caught lying about their smear campaign.

I would hope this gives them pause about lying more in the future but I know better.

Fergie

Banned
Man. Some pathetic shit from this admin. As Republicans are in power nothing substantial will happen until 2018.

He’s already broken norms and supposedly ethics with the shit he’s done since Jan.

Have to wonder how few Republicans will let this depravity go on just because they need that healthcare and tax to be done.

cakely

Wow, Kelly comes out with a fabrication about a public speech that was completely on the record. What did he think was going to happen? He'll be out within the week.

Good, because it turns out he's a duplicitous sack of excrement, just like his boss.

WedgeX

Banned
Wow, Kelly comes out with a fabrication about a public speech that was completely on the record. What did he think was going to happen? He'll be out within the week.

Good, because it turns out he's a duplicitous sack of excrement, just like his boss.

Gets the focus off Trump and gets Kelly out of the White House.

Seems good all the way around for Trump and whoever wants to be chief of staff.

Steel

Banned

I doubt he kicks Kelly out over this.

The 1% wasn't factual. It was a bad speech by any measure other than 'how it compares to other speeches given by a racist idiot'.

I would have agreed with him if it was factual, that speech was horrifying. It did establish Trump's penchant for using war widows as props though.
It was a terrible opinion of a speech. There was nothing factual about it.

Van ATTACKED Trump on every issue in regards to that speech but said that Trump was presidential (as in acting out the role of a president) in that moment where he honored the wife of the slain soldier which was an objective fact.

Gets the focus off Trump and gets Kelly out of the White House.

Seems good all the way around for Trump and whoever wants to be chief of staff.

Losing another high profile person—another general at that—would be a huge blow to Trump.

A few days ago I would have been totally against Kelly leaving because I believed he was a voice of reason, but after this, he’s no better than Sean Spicer or the Mooch.

"Wait if Trump doesn't have to be held responsible for what he says... maybe I can too!"

Expect this to spread rapidly throughout the GOP in the next year.

Joe

February 2017: John Kelly, Secretary of Homeland Security, orders ICE to portray immigrants as criminals to justify the President's immigrant raids [Source]

May 2017: John Kelly, Secretary of Homeland Security, jokingly tells Donald Trump that he can use a gifted ceremonial sword on the press [Source, .mp4 video file]

October 2017: John Kelly, White House Chief of Staff, fabricates a story to the press that slanders a Congresswoman for the defense of the President's blunders [Source]

Van ATTACKED Trump on every issue in regards to that speech but said that Trump was presidential (as in acting out the role of a president) in that moment where he honored the wife of the slain soldier which was an objective fact.

I don't think 'presidential' can ever be called an objective standard. But whatever.

What's worse is that Trump and his goons have realized.. hey! We actually don't NEED to apologize.

When there's no consequences for being terrible and lacking integrity

There's no motivation to ever change, or even make any legitimate effort to LOOK like you're trying

Is that true though? How many appointees have already resigned? How many red seats have already flipped blue? Trump's approval rating is also historically low. There have absolutely been consequences.

Funny how Kelly has to project Trump-like skeevy behavior (taking credit for something they didn't do to make themselves look good) onto someone else to slander them.

DMmC5rXX4AA8Kr2.jpg:large

Is he aware that Trump's address to the CIA after inauguration was all about himself? Or that Trump turned a call to a father of a dead soldier into a list of his "accomplishments" as President? Or that Trump turns absolutely every occasion into (bullshit) praise for himself?

Surfinn

Is that true though? How many appointees have already resigned? How many red seats have already flipped blue? Trump's approval rating is also historically low. There have absolutely been consequences.

They resign because Trump wants them to (or they want to themselves). That could be because of various reasons. Trump wants people gone simply because he doesn't like something, not even necessarily because they were dishonest or negatively impact the country, or even the republican party. Dude lies every single day.

And.. the thing is, even with all the resignations, a lot of those people just fucking join another vile organization and make more money. How people of those folks legitimately have had their REPUTATIONS ruined, where they cannot find political or similar work elsewhere?

And at the end of the day, Trump and his admin trucks on. There have been no consequences to keep them from retaining their power. Maybe that will change in 2018 and 2020; I don't know. But if Mueller doesn't find anything and put a TON of these guys away (not just Trump), we will continue to see shit news for a long time.

God help us if he gets reelected in 2020.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
General John Allen, who I never met but spoke against me last night, failed badly in his fight against ISIS. His record = BAD #NeverHillary

6:53 AM · Jul 29, 2016

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I was never a fan of Colin Powell after his weak understanding of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq = disaster. We can do much better!

8:59 PM · Sep 14, 2016

LilZippa

So by lying, about Wilson making about herself, he is making it all about himself now and is himself a empty barrel. An empty barrel being the worst thing a military general can think of.

Kelly is now officially a Trumpster and he know owns the taint of being associated with this administration.
what a disgrace.

I'm sad that he lost his son. All agree on that. But please don't make up fake news and pass as fact.
now? he was his DHS head and his fucking chief of staff

it's nice to know that if someone were to walk through Van's house shitting everywhere that he'd be polite enough to recognize the few turds that happened to find a toilet.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
General John Allen, who I never met but spoke against me last night, failed badly in his fight against ISIS. His record = BAD #NeverHillary

6:53 AM · Jul 29, 2016

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I was never a fan of Colin Powell after his weak understanding of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq = disaster. We can do much better!

8:59 PM · Sep 14, 2016
I think we need to update that "Simpson Gif for Everything" meme into a "Trump Tweet for Everything" meme.

it's nice to know that if someone were to walk through Van's house shitting everywhere that he'd be polite enough to recognize the few turds that happened to find a toilet.

Lol...Who wouldn't? If I had a dog that constantly pooped around the house only to have this one moment of it using its designated poo area, I'd be praising its ass off as well.
But seriously though, the bother doesn't deserve this much admonishment he's been getting for this only single thing he did. I'd understand the backlash if kept signing Trump praises after that night.

Like many in America, I think the General has a problem with Black women and recalled the speech through a biased lens.
I can see the contempt many White conservative males have for Black women just by watching cable news, Black female panelists are treated with the most condescension and contempt.
One CNN guest told Symone Sanders to "shut up" on live tv.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
February 2017: John Kelly, Secretary of Homeland Security, orders ICE to portray immigrants as criminals to justify the President's immigrant raids [Source]

May 2017: John Kelly, Secretary of Homeland Security, jokingly tells Donald Trump that he can use a gifted ceremonial sword on the press [Source, .mp4 video file]

October 2017: John Kelly, White House Chief of Staff, fabricates a story to the press that slanders a Congresswoman for the defense of the President's blunders [Source]

Every Month 2017: Thank God we have dignified military men in the White House to keep the demented wannabe dictator on a leash!

Is Kelly finally losing it? It's weird and sometimes funny seeing a politician unravel, but I find it more unsettling when it's someone like a general. Things must be pretty bad anywhere when that sort of thing is happening.

Top Bottom