• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Incredible list. Funny that I'll definitly buy most of my games in 2016 for a platform which is considered dead outside of Japan.

Labadal

I was going to ask you guys what games you are interested in and then make a list of my own. When I came up to 30 games, I thought to myself that it will only devolve to a list thread for a while and decided against it.

30 upcoming games or more that I want... new 64GB card, here I come.

Skyrise

Cool to see our own forma.8 on this huge list! The game is definitely coming this year after a lot of delays. The current version is running very smooth on Vita and we're hard at work to keep 60fps always (we have some minor drops now) and to minimize loading times.

We'll probably have more Vita games coming in 2016, but still need some time for the announcements... ;)

Prelude.

Thanks a lot Prelude ;D Btw - thanks for that image - it looks EPIC and neat!!! Thanks to you, I added Demon Gaze 2 in the upcoming games; thought it was Japan-only so far.
Demon Gaze 2 is a "no brainer" on that list, which means it's still unconfirmed for the west but it'll obviously be localized.

Faustek

Ahh finally the new year can begin :)
Greatest thread, beastly Fady best best:)

Anyway this will be another year where I'll buy more games than its healthy.

sono

Gold Member
Thank you for putting that together it is a huge amount of work.

The list is overwhelming, how to start to pick what to buy ?

Let's see what we've got going on this morning, gang!

1. Heart Forth, Alicia is projected for the "second half of 2016." Also converted from 4:3 to 16:9! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alonsomartin/heart-forth-alicia/posts/1423787

2. Beans on the Block: Summer Break is coming to Vita. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxsmPKcSFsQ

3. REaLM (or Realm: Walk of Soul), a side scrolling survival horror game, is coming to Vita. http://www.realmwalkofsoul.com/

This is going to be such a good year.

ryseing

Anybody know which of these fall under the Action-RPG genre ?

Picked up SAO: Lost Song recently and while I could care less about the plot, the combat in the game is pretty good and has a decent amount of depth to it.

Made me want something with some deeper combat that I can take on the go, like a mobile dragons dogma.

Great list btw, didn't even know Hollow Realization was a thing, hope it fixes the issues I had with Lost Song.

Ever played any of the Ys games? Those are probably your best bets, and Ys 8 is coming this year.

Awesome work as always Fady. Unfortunately because of my Western skewing tastes there aren't a ton of games I'm looking forward to this year, but there are a few between the aforementioned Ys 8, Not a Hero, Loud on Planet X (which has the greatest soundtrack of any game ever) and Liege if that ever comes out.

I saw that screenshot for Shakedown Hawaii and got some major Retro City Rampage vibes from it and had to go look it up. Sure enough it is a sequel to RCR! I had no idea that was in the works, what nice surprise.

Dommel

Great work on the OP, couldn't believe it just kept scrolling and scrolling through that huge list.

I have a 64gb in my Vita and a 32gb in my PSTV but it looks like I need another 64gb. So much games I want.

This is mindblowing. How in the fuck can sony just ignore the Vita?, why not try to capitalyze in how the market is behaving regarding this console (meaning releasing a lot of games)?.

Personally, I'm still mad that they just abandoned the PSTV instead of pushing it harder, do something like a revised version with, maybe, a processor that's just a bit faster so you'd have a 1080p output with a more responsive OS, have netflix back on board with hulu, amazon, funimation, hbo and all that stuff. A device like that with all of this games?, HOLY SHIT SON!

Nikodemos

It's too late now and they couldn't be arsed previously (and money was a bit tight until 2014, by which date the Vita had already been in the market for almost 3 years).

Not to mention that it has some notable design flaws which were only recently and just partly fixed.

PMurphy1978

Neo Member
With so many games still slated to come, it's looking like a great 2016 for the Vita.

If you enjoyed 2015 you are bound to get something from this year, too many games I'll be getting. I'll need another 64GB card...

UberTag

For a "legacy" system, there's an awful lot of new software being produced for it.
Certainly more than any legacy system I've ever heard of.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Was Civilization Revolution 2 Plus ever released in the EU? It doesn't appear in the store when I search.

Zeta Oni

Ever played any of the Ys games? Those are probably your best bets, and Ys 8 is coming this year

Yeah, I finished memories of celceta and I'm looking forward to 8.

It's ok though, found a game called Muramasa and it fits exactly what I was looking for.

marcincz

Amazing. Fantastic. Wonderful update Fady.

Anyway. Does anyone plays in The Legend of Heroes? Considering to buy it, but I am afraid of battle system (heard it's complicated). Is it similar with Final Fantasy games or rather like tactical jrpgs?

Let's see what we've got going on this morning, gang!

1. Heart Forth, Alicia is projected for the "second half of 2016." Also converted from 4:3 to 16:9! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alonsomartin/heart-forth-alicia/posts/1423787

2. Beans on the Block: Summer Break is coming to Vita. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxsmPKcSFsQ

3. REaLM (or Realm: Walk of Soul), a side scrolling survival horror game, is coming to Vita. http://www.realmwalkofsoul.com/

This is going to be such a good year.
awesome news!!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Another thing i appreciate of this thread is that in the title specifies that 200+ games are in English, so maybe we won't hear anymore people saying that Japanese games aren't localized.

GKFinns

Geez. 2016 continues to shape up to be the most wallet damaging year of gaming in ages for me. I've never been so excited to be potentially poor!

HotHamBoy

We're coming up on 4 years in the US. I got my 3DS XL first since I'd always owned Nintendo handhelds. A year later I got the Vita and I have barely touched my 3DS since. Nintendo makes great games, but...

Well anyway, that makes me wonder about Sony doing a Vita 1.5 rebranding, almost like what the DS Lite did for the DS but with a PSP Go-like concept, which would be far more appropriate for 2016.

First off, I love the PSP Go. Very portable, sleek. I'm using CFW which means I'm not limited to games that were released digitally. Unlike the PSP, though, pretty much every Vita game is digital as well. More games are digital than physical, in fact, and the public has come to accept digital purchases more than they had in 2009.

Were I Sony, I would release a Playstation [Go] with a similar design as the PSP Go and the addition of L2/R2 buttons (small ones in-line rather than parallel, like the original Classic Controller's ZL/ZR buttons) and make it a digital-only device with at least 32gb of on-board memory. If possible, make an alternative dashboard to match the PS4's. Price it for less and push it HARD as a PS4 companion. It has Remote Play, it's another controller, it has PS Now, It plays everything a Vita can, comes with pre-installed games and a month of PS Plus, etc. Then, release it in a bundle with the PS4 for ~$399 around the time you officially drop the price of the PS4 to $299 with some cross-save games preinstalled on both, make that a big-ass bullet point so people understand that feature clearly (because it's awesome).

I would happily double-dip for this. I love my oled Vita but let's be real. It isn't the most portable portable. The design of the PSP Go was almost perfect, it was just ahead of its time.

And all you physical-obsessed folks still have the first two models.

Or I guess you could make the PS TV your solution and fuck it up as terribly as possible.

Labadal

A new handheld console from Sony wouldn't work as they seem incapable of supporting that and a home console. There also aren't enough games for the mainstream to get or for little kids for that matter.

To this day, most people that I know don't know what a Vita is.

Maybe if they made a handheld/phone hybrid with buttons.

autoduelist

Were I Sony, I would release a Playstation [Go] with a similar design as the PSP Go and the addition of L2/R2 buttons (small ones in-line rather than parallel, like the original Classic Controller's ZL/ZR buttons) and make it a digital-only device with at least 32gb of on-board memory. If possible, make an alternative dashboard to match the PS4's. Price it for less and push it HARD as a PS4 companion. It has Remote Play, it's another controller, it has PS Now, It plays everything a Vita can, comes with pre-installed games and a month of PS Plus, etc. Then, release it in a bundle with the PS4 for ~$399 around the time you officially drop the price of the PS4 to $299 with some cross-save games preinstalled on both, make that a big-ass bullet point so people understand that feature clearly (because it's awesome).

I want this too, though my idea was also to up the processor/etc a bit so that it could handle ps2 classics (though all vita games released would need to conform to original specs so as not to split userbase). but now that ps4 has a different set of ps2 games... I think this is less likely that it already was [and it already was extremely unlikely]. But hey, maybe it could be crossbuy with ps4 trophy ps2 games.

I wouldn't want the dashboard to change though, i find vita's excellent.

A new handheld console from Sony wouldn't work as they seem incapable of supporting that and a home console. There also aren't enough games for the mainstream to get or for little kids for that matter.

I got a tablet from my wife for christmas. I used to own a gen 1 ipad, and this tablet just reminds me how much we -need- something like vita. I was playing one of the 'top rated' shooters [as well as a lot of other 'touch' games], and while it's impressive how good they've gotten touch fps, it doesn't hold a candle to two true analogs. Buttons and analog sticks are glorious.

This thread is for you guys, so if most of you would like to have the number of released games cut down (as in, have the oldest games removed), I'm down for it ;D The only reason I have them there is for: a) new Vita owners to have a look at what they may have missed out on and b) for current Vita owners who want to pick up something they missed after finishing their latest games.

the current page is very heavy [both visually and page load], so maybe? Is it possible to just spoiler tag the 'already released' section somehow?

Right now, the page just loads rough for me... you know, with images popping in changing where I am, and scrolling feels 'jumpy'. I don't know, the thread is awesome, maybe don't change anything.

The solution that seems apparent to me is not to make their handheld a device for the mainstream market. Design it for enthusiasts, sell it to enthusiasts, profit from enthusiasts. Sure, that means no huge budget AAA games, but it means more like the Vita.

And Vita fans love the Vita.

Also, Fady, I saw this comment on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/3z3608/200_games_coming_to_vita/cyj3d6n

SScorpio

I digital only version of the Vita makes zero sense. The PSP used a large expensive disk drive which the PSP Go removed which allowed a big size shrink. The Vita uses cartridges, which require a small slot, so there are minimal savings to be had.

Now a new form factor Vita that's a slider like the PSP Go would be a good change. I like my Vita, but the PSP Go was extremely portable and could easily be brought anywhere.

Instead of digital only it would be nice if they released new model with 16 or 32GB of storage inside that can be expanded with memory cards.

Also official price drop to 16k Yens/160$ is long overdue.

blackflag

Is God Eater 2 still coming to Vita? Still waiting on this game.

Also for those that played both, is class of heroes 2 anything like the gameplay of demon gaze?

So in my quest to play through my 120 game Vita backlog, I've given Big Sky Infinity a go. It's okay, but it just made me want to play Super Stardust, really. It could be hard to distinguish between things that could hurt you and scenery, so there were a lot of cheap deaths. The music was really good though, and there are a lot of modes on offer. I might go back to it one day, but for now it hasn't grabbed me.

bobohoro

Yo Fady, happy new year and thanks for the continuing effort!

Will come in handy once I cleard out my active game-list and start looking for my next purchases.
Sometime in May.

Thanks for the kind words TonkatsuAddict :D Good taste btw, I'm currently playing through Virtue's Last Reward ^^

Fantastic game. VLR is the first (and only) game I have a Platinum trophy on. Granted, it's not a particularly difficult game to plat, but the fact that I was willing and eager to go back and fill in those last few trophies I missed while playing shows how much I enjoyed the game. Have fun with it!

So in my quest to play through my 120 game Vita backlog, I've given Big Sky Infinity a go. It's okay, but it just made me want to play Super Stardust, really. It could be hard to distinguish between things that could hurt you and scenery, so there were a lot of cheap deaths. The music was really good though, and there are a lot of modes on offer. I might go back to it one day, but for now it hasn't grabbed me.

I could never get into Big Sky Infinity either. I really should give it another try one of these days as my opinion may have changed after all this time...

Anyway, yesterday I started working on my backlog and gave the first game that came to hand a try - in that case it it was "Phineas and Ferb". By the same people that did one of my least favourite platformers on any system ever (Muppets Movie Adventures). In this case though the game actually ended up being a fun third person shooter/platformer. By no means an amazing game but it looked, played and performed much better than I expected. Its probably a solid 6 or 7 out of 10. Its also a short easy game to complete, no platinum though so even the trophies didn't take long to collect. It also could be one of those games that is hard to track down in the future, at least in the UK. It seems to have gotten a really small release and I've not seen a copy since release.

Now I'm working through the Lego Movie game. While I prefer the console Lego games due to the larger amount of content on offer, I did really enjoy Lego Marvel Super Heroes for the Vita, and this seems almost identical in structure - many short levels with multiple goals to complete to increase replayability. This will probably take a little while to 100%.

omg_mjd

One of my favorite threads on GAF!

I've bought mostly digital titles ever since getting my first Vita but I'm changing that starting this year. I'm going to take advantage of the fact I live in Asia where the local game shops have well-stocked shelves of Vita games. I think I'll get FF X-2 since the US bundle only includes the code (in Asia FF X-2 is a separate title from FF X--a bit more expensive when bought together but worth it IMO).

Looking forward to Severed and Attack on Titan. Going to be another expensive year. :p

Cornbread78

Those anime-based games are probably not very good, honestly, but part of me still wants to play them. I very nearly bought the Date A Live game when I was in Japan, but just couldn't justify $35 for a game in a language I can't read.

Lol, yup. I would love to laugh at Cross Ange and SNAFU, lol.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I love this thread!

The Vita is so amazing. I'm currently playing DanganRonpa Ultimate Despair girls and enjoying it, but I have a massive backlog of Vita titles to play. Too much amazing stuff out and coming out on this thing.

Top Bottom