• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider - New Info and More Coming - 100,000 Facebook Likes For A Teaser

diffusionx

Gold Member
If I am going to play a game I want the character's tits as big as possible. I could try to deny it all I want but it's true. It's why Stretch Panic is my favorite game ever.

This is one of like, two games coming out this year which genuinely interest me. And I've never really played a TR before.

Stallion Free said:
I hope that pressure isn't making them turn TR into a 3rd person shooter with even simpler platforming and mind bogglingly easy puzzles. That would be a real kick in the pants for the fans of TR.
I think that's where they have the potential to distance themselves as I've always found the puzzles in UC very weak. The platforming is easy, but it's fluid, exciting and feels very good. I'm more interested in the stuff they mentioned like the Lost-esque mysteries in the game, the potentially huge setpieces, and the emotional aspect of the character. I mean, the intro of the game has you lighting Lara on fire to free her. That's just crazy.

Ponti said:
Enjoyed the three most recent ones, even Underworld. Can't wait for this. Tomb Raider and Uncharted mmmm.

This made me laugh. It just sounds so slapstick.

Just saw the scans, looks great. Was afraid the new Lara wouldn't look the same, but nope she looks more or less as she should.
Made me cringe. There's "gritty and realistic" and then there's "gruesome and morbid." It's edging into the latter, virtual sadism territory, IMO. But I'll hold off til I see the thing. Still in love with the overarching ideas though.

szaromir

Banned
In the article it's stated that it's the atmosphere of Uncharted that's the inspiration. Lara is going to talk to herself like Drake and situations of extreme danger.

Doodis

miladesn said:
230818_10150170604471158_287378891157_6882115_2794866_n.jpg
"Secrets of the Playstation Network revealed"

Can't help but laugh about that one, considering what's going on right now with PSN. :)

Ponti

Hmm, just noticed on one of the article pages (the one with Drake on it) there is a small picture of a wrecked ship which looks really familiar to one of the locations in Lost called Black Rock. Link here. The similarities between it and what we know so far about the game seem to be pretty spot on.

Wow... this just looks fantastic. I've never been much of a Tomb Raider fan, just played one or two games when I was younger, but by the looks of this, this is gonna be an instant buy, if it really does live up to its potential.

Colour me impressed. Really digging those scans.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
StevePharma said:
User Underhoe from the TR-forums hooks us up with a cleaned version (Will remove if necessary, not sure)

http://www.abload.de/img/larahobbyposter0rh2.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I want this as a wallpaper 1680x1050.

Casval said:
I guess she turns 30 by the end.
Well, judging by how much she seems to be getting knocked around and injured as time progresses, I wouldn't be surprised if she's in a full body cast by the end of the game.

Nizz

Buckethead said:
That artwork is amazing. Should be the boxart.
Agreed. That would make an awesome cover. Also, for a second I thought her left hand was cut off till I saw her fingers.

awesome. Was a big fan of CD's recent Tomb Raider trilogy (especially Anniversary). Loving the huge change they're giving this while keeping it an adventure title.

Uncharted is fun but it's far from adventure or platformer. It's just a third person shooter.

I'm glad the genre is still alive here, and it looks like it's gonna be pretty survival-based too. New Lara looks cool with the archery bow. Hopefully it becomes a staple of the new Croft.

olore

Always wanted to play through some of the recent TombRaiders and this post doesn`t help.

Looks awesome

StuBurns

Banned
Kinyou said:
I want to make love to her; dirty mud love
You'd raid her tomb amirite, ass-ass-in her creed winkwink

The whole Lara Croft icon thing is really strange, I get why ten year old kids at the time liked it, but how it ever bleed into adult culture is really bizarre.

szaromir

Banned
olore said:
360 and Wii living here at the moment no PS3... :/
Do you have a PC that could run Tomb Raider? (ie anything with dedicated GPU) You could subscribe to Gametap for a month for $10 and play all 3.

StuBurns

Banned
Anyone know if they're doing the PS3 version themselves this time? The PC isn't mentioned in the OP, is that SKU canned?

Salaadin

StuBurns said:
Anyone know if they're doing the PS3 version themselves this time? The PC isn't mentioned in the OP, is that SKU canned?

The PC "logo" is listed on the official website. I assume it still exists.
TR:A and TR:U were great on PC. I hope this follows suit.

jbttwin

StuBurns said:

It seems like it, the Stewart guy tweeted a pic a couple weeks ago of him showing the game to a coworker and he was holding a PS3 controller so maybe Nixxes' talents weren't needed this time around.

StuBurns said:
You'd raid her tomb amirite, ass-ass-in her creed winkwink

The whole Lara Croft icon thing is really strange, I get why ten year old kids at the time liked it, but how it ever bleed into adult culture is really bizarre.

Tomb Raider came out in 96 when I was 14. 15 years later I'm still the same perv who used to stare in wonder at the psx's boob physics.

StuBurns said:

It wasn't hard for it to catch on once fashion magazines and companies started to use her. She was everywhere after the original game hit.

StuBurns

Banned
bdizzle said:
Tomb Raider came out in 96 when I was 14. 15 years later I'm still the same perv who used to stare in wonder at the psx's boob physics.
It's understandable to have a special place in your heart for the series having grown up with it, but to see that stuff as an adult, I can't believe she got onto adverts on TV, and even the front of a fashion magazine once I believe.

Salaadin and jbttwin, thanks guys, good news.

SolidSnakex said:
It wasn't hard for it to catch on once fashion magazines and companies started to use her. She was everywhere after the original game hit.
Those are really the things I was referring too, I don't really get how she went from the game character to the front of a magazine for adult women.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
CD would be fucking burned to the ground if they cancelled the PC version.

That said, Nixxes is probably doing the port and I trust them.

Amir0x

Banned
Criminal Upper said:
That was called Tomb Raider Underworld, I believe. It was fairly disappointing.

Totally down for something fresh and new, myself.

All it needed was a better camera, pfft.

I'm not adverse to new and fresh ideas, but a lot of this stuff feels REALLY out of the Tomb Raider mold. I don't mind open world games (in fact I love them), but if the Tomb Raider series historically impressive level design is sacrificed in favor of looser, mission-based structures it'd be a huge loss since there is literally no games out that play or feel like classic Tomb Raider.

Remember CITADEL said:
And you can have that. In like a dozen Tomb Raider games that are already out there.

The scans look lovely.

Right, and if you didn't want that, play a game that isn't called TOMB RAIDER. narf.

StuBurns said:
Those are really the things I was referring too, I don't really get how she went from the game character to the front of a magazine for adult women.

A big part of it is that Eidos hired a company to specifically market Lara. They wanted to turn her into a brand. It also likely helped that she was a main character in a game when the overwhelming majority of main characters were male. Aside from Samus how many female characters can you think of that were the leads in major games back then?

Also Lara is very popular among female gamers. Even now she's one of the few female main characters and she's actually a strong character.

Top Bottom