• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Daingurse

The game should have all 3
they have enough moves and are memorable enough to differentiate each other
e09aca3d695e7151fa9a02cef223b4c9c19fe4f4_hq.gif

tumblr_nue6hwVExO1rawb5do1_500.gif

LAaH7wv.gif

At least Buutenks , that way it would make sense for Vegito to be in. If those two are in than Gootenks is in no question.

Vegito also makes sense if
Goku Black
is in

I'd actually rather have Super Buu than Kid Buu to be honest. Super Buu was way more memorable to me

I'd rather have Super over Kid, and that's almost purely on an aesthetic level, but Kid Buu just feels more likely to me. Not sure if the development team would think having multiple evil Buu's would be redundant, even though there is more than enough differentiation between the various forms. The ideal situation would be to have all of them, but the roster is obviously going to limit this.

Super Buu is just nothing but roid rage. He's boring as fuck. Kid Buu is a little better, but still a downgrade from Majin Buu.

I think Kid Buu is a very ugly design, that's the only reason I don't really like him lol. Super Buu looks a lot better. But you're still right, they all pale In comparison to Evil Fat Buu.

tumblr_mqmd1hySu71qc1jg4o1_400.gif

Sephzilla

Kid Buu is my least favorite version of Buu. He lacks any kind of personality or character and is just kind of a basic rage machine - which is why I think Kid Buu is on the Broly level of villains. Super Buu has a better aesthetic for me, personally, and I found him to have way more personality and a better set of abilities.

Kid Buu is my least favorite version of Buu. He lacks any kind of personality or character and is just kind of a basic rage machine - which is why I think Kid Buu is on the Broly level of villains. Super Buu has a better aesthetic for me, personally, and I found him to have way more personality and a better set of abilities.

Súper buu is the strongest majin....

DrDogg

We already have guaranteed 2 Gokus and 2 Vegetas. We're basically guaranteed 2 Gohans. Do we really need 2 Buus in the base roster as well?

Out of what's looking like ~24 characters, I'd rather not have 8 semi-clone characters. Goku, Vegeta and Gohan are enough. Add anyone else in as DLC, but not in the base roster.

We already have guaranteed 2 Gokus and 2 Vegetas. We're basically guaranteed 2 Gohans. Do we really need 2 Buus in the base roster as well?

Out of what's looking like ~24 characters, I'd rather not have 8 semi-clone characters. Goku, Vegeta and Gohan are enough. Add anyone else in as DLC, but not in the base roster.
Buu has a variant in the website's codes (along Goku, Vegeta and Gohan), so it's confirmed we're getting another one.

With Vegeta, Freeza, Cell around they need kid buu to complete the Z arc of main villains.
Dragon_Ball_Z_Legends_front-Jap.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
With Vegeta, Freeza, Cell around they need kid buu to complete the Z arc of main villains.

Doesn't Majin Buu being in at the same time as Cell and Frieza mean that they consider him to be the main villain, and not Kid Buu? :p

Or at least the more popular one? Not that I don't think Kid Buu is getting in, just found that amusing.

Doesn't Majin Buu being in at the same time as Cell and Frieza mean that they consider him to be the main villain, and not Kid Buu? :p

Or at least the more popular one? Not that I don't think Kid Buu is getting in, just found that amusing.
I mean Kid Buu is the last final boss of Z for that alone he's making it in. Personally I see Fat Buu like Dan.

HTTP3BhMS5uYXJ2aWkuY29tLzYwNzIvM2VlNTBjMGRhZmQyZWZiZjg1YWUxYjFlY2RkOTcyYzlmMjE3ZjcwM19ocS5naWYlog.gif

TreIII

Kid Goku isn't happening, nor should it.

Z and Super exist in a seperate realm. Dragon Ball should get its own fighting game.

You know what, though?

It'd be a fun way to loop in the original Dragon Ball era, if Kid Goku and Android 8 aka "Hacchan/Eighter" were in this game. Not only would they be both fairly unique character archetypes, but they'd both fit in quite well in a storyline that focuses on Gero's creations.

Plus, Muscle Tower is a stage in the game, right?

What difference does it make if they are gonna be in the game anyway?

i much prefer Kid Buu over Super from a fighting game perspective, I love how he fights in other games when rolls himself up into a ball and how fast he is, Super Buu is always more "standard".

mas8705

I know that earlier in the thread, I had expressed my interested in Super Buu also getting in with Kid Buu, but I know that got shot down as quickly as my other character idea of another pick skinned character.

All that said, it definitely would be a kicker if we were to see all three versions of Buu as playable considering how distinctive they were from each other.

---

With that said, I'm still making a small call that much like Gamescom, we could possibly see four new additions to the roster during TGS (I know six were revealed with SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta, but since they weren't playable yet, I'm not counting them). We'll probably see Yamcha and Tien in action. Then likely Kid Buu will appear since the Kai planet stage was revealed (so it would make sense to feature the baddie that was shown during that time).

As for the last, it is basically a coin flip between another DBZ baddie to balance things out (although the ratio is would still be one missing on the bad guy side) or possibly, we could get that teaser of 21 in action to confirm that she is indeed playable. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if she was playable or if she will just play a significant role in the "What If."

Should we take bets as to who we will see? If a fourth character is revealed this week?

Top Bottom