• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots From Assassins Creed 3 Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzerPhire

I don't get the people calling 'bullshots' when we screen shots of Revolutions and Brotherhood in the high-res PC thread that look just as good but in a different setting. Bullshots these are not.

I don't get the people calling 'bullshots' when we screen shots of Revolutions and Brotherhood in the high-res PC thread that look just as good but in a different setting. Bullshots these are not.
It doesn't matter to me either way, honestly. I'm not excited about these screenshots because of the incredible IQ or the texture detail --- it's the setting and art design that's got me interested.

I don't care at all about AC as a series, but this is the first genuinely fresh action game setting I've seen in many years. I'm actually kinda interested. And how can you not get excited about killing some redcoats? They're like walking targets!

01J2Q.jpg
Very Last of the Mohicans looking. I mean that as perhaps the greatest compliment a video game could ever receive.

Balehead

I've been thinking it ever since the second game that the assassin's costume is just ridiculous. At least it was sort of believable in the first one, but from then on it's been way too big/heavy and totally out of place.

BeesEight

yeah, looks silly. especially if he'll be trying to blend in. its really kind of a minor complaint, for me at least, and i'm sure i wont even think about it after playing for a while

I don't know, has the social stealth mechanic been removed? The idea with the first was that instead of sticking to shadows and out of sight like most typical stealth based games, Assassin's Creed allowed you to blend into the environment and pass unnoticed right in front of your marks.

In which case, this seems like a huge deal if that's still their design philosophy.

KorrZ

Oh sweet jesus hold me. This looks so much better than I expected

These two screens basically summarize everything I wanted when I first saw the pictures of the new protagonist. Love the vibe, love the updated graphics. I love the idea of this guerrilla assassination style, I want to sit in that tree with my bow and pick off everyone, and then whip my tomahawk into my targets head when he's the last man standing.

HYPE!!!!!!!!

Khezu

I don't know, has the social stealth mechanic been removed? The idea with the first was that instead of sticking to shadows and out of sight like most typical stealth based games, Assassin's Creed allowed you to blend into the environment and pass unnoticed right in front of your marks.

In which case, this seems like a huge deal if that's still their design philosophy.

Not sure yet, they just said they revamped how stealth worked, and connor is more of a predator. Probably going to try and make it more traditional. I kinda hope its similar to batman in some ways, that's one of the only games that blended stealth and action well enough, even if neither element is particularly great on its own.

I assume this has been posted? It seems pretty likely. From Gamespot in turn from the AC Wiki I guess from someone who has the article? I dunno.

Okay, so I realize that news sites are already leaking info related to the leaked GameInformer article on Assassin's Creed III, so I suppose I will do the same here, even though it may not be quite right... Though it's either us or them.
Here is a basic rundown of the new features in the upcoming GameInformer article, to be released next week:

- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. His calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom