• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

She looks like a real(-ish) person now.

LOL, forums are going in on this. Graphical analysis y'all.

UiA0s1O.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are they trying to show a head-to-tits ratio or something?

Someone decided it was worth their time and effort to make those images?

Is this real life?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So nothing out of the ordinary, then.

Dec

Are they trying to show a head-to-tits ratio or something?

Someone decided it was worth their time and effort to make those images?

Is this real life?

A method for artists to create visually accurate human bodies proportionally is to section the body into common measurements (a head). He was probably checking the models proportions.

Which is not a creepy thing to do unless you make it creepy.

Finaika

A method for artists to create visually accurate human bodies proportionally is to section the body into common measurements (a head). He was probably checking the models proportions.

Which is not a creepy thing to do unless you make it creepy.

Artists are creepy.

Lord Phol

Holy shit is Black Bolt the most boring rehash of a hero yet. He has nothing original going for him. They didn't even bother making his animations look good, the melee ones in particular look really stiff and awful.

Xion385

Hi GAF,

I just started playing this last night. I'm watching the videos on trying who to unlock first. I got Rocket to 10, but I gravitating towards Nova and Scarlet Witch to max out first. From the videos I've been watching Scarlet Witch and Nova can carry the game (unless they got probably nerfed by now). Plus Nova and Scarlet are my favorite comic book characters. Thoughts?

Also is there a current tier list available or is it not set in stone since there's going to a pretty big update soon?

AMUSIX

Xion, my suggestion would be to just play your favorite characters. The game has always had tiers, but, in my past experience I've found it fun no matter what tier character I'm playing (as long as I liked the character).

That said...read my question below to see if my opinion should be taken at all...

ok, people, so I've played this game on and off since launch...by the game counter, about 220 days total. Thing is, I've been gone for the past two months, and now I come back, and holy fuck, everything's different. Carol (my main) can no longer go dashing all over the battlefield because of insanely long refresh times (and limits to how often I can use a power), the skill trees are no longer trees, I don't even know what's happening in the third one, the Omega system is gone?...maybe?....and dozens of items are simply gone (but I got ancient trade-in stuff...).

So, where do I go to even start to make sense of all this??

Moondrop

Banned
Hi GAF,

I just started playing this last night. I'm watching the videos on trying who to unlock first. I got Rocket to 10, but I gravitating towards Nova and Scarlet Witch to max out first. From the videos I've been watching Scarlet Witch and Nova can carry the game (unless they got probably nerfed by now). Plus Nova and Scarlet are my favorite comic book characters. Thoughts?

Also is there a current tier list available or is it not set in stone since there's going to a pretty big update soon?
Personally I would play each one to 10 to see if I enjoyed their mechanics. Scarlet has a lot of AoE and DoT; Nova moves and places down AoEs. I don't love the in-game mechanics of my favorite comic characters, and I end up not playing them as often.

The big update has already struck. However there is likely to be another large update down the line, but in your position I would just focus on finding heroes I enjoy.

ok, people, so I've played this game on and off since launch...by the game counter, about 220 days total. Thing is, I've been gone for the past two months, and now I come back, and holy fuck, everything's different. Carol (my main) can no longer go dashing all over the battlefield because of insanely long refresh times (and limits to how often I can use a power), the skill trees are no longer trees, I don't even know what's happening in the third one, the Omega system is gone?...maybe?....and dozens of items are simply gone (but I got ancient trade-in stuff...).

So, where do I go to even start to make sense of all this??
Marvel Heroes 2.0 patch notes

Movement changes are the biggest difference in gameplay- no more unlimited zipping around. Left and center are still trees; right is "talents," a series of options that customize your power sets. Omega system replaced by simplified infinity system of same purpose. Starktech cubes (and +X to power affixes) removed from game as powers no longer have levels.

Holy shit is Black Bolt the most boring rehash of a hero yet. He has nothing original going for him. They didn't even bother making his animations look good, the melee ones in particular look really stiff and awful.

how you gonna say that when Beast JUST came out and has the Worst Costumes, Most Boring, and Worst Animations categories on lock?

Anoregon

Guess some changes are happening to infinity but don't care enough to link.

The main thing (other than changing some of the infinity bonuses themselves) is removing the 'round robin' mode of forcing you to have points in every gem and adding gem mastery. You can put all your points into a single gem, and you are get gem mastery bonuses for every X points in a gem, which I guess encourages you to have points in multiple gems if you want certain mastery bonuses.

I think it's better than the current version, at any rate.

Rings will now be split into offensive and defensive categories.
Offensive Rings

All Rings of the Offensive type will always roll with a Critical Damage affix as a base part of the item.

Offensive rings can also roll with the following Offensive Affixes.

Attributes
Attack Speed
Brutal Strike
Brutal Damage
Critical Damage
Health on Hit
Summon Damage Rating

Defensive Rings

All Rings of the Defensive type will always roll with a Health affix as a base part of the item.

Defensive rings can also roll the following Defensive Affixes.

Deflect
Defense
Dodge
Tenacity
Bonus Health
Area Resist
Improved Med Kit
Med Kit Cooldown Reduction

Examples of each:

qN22wN3.jpg

kuiiGHs.jpg

Anoregon

A bunch of Wolverine costumes got visual updates too, including the DOFP leather jacket one from Mk1 Fortune Cards.

Mulgrok

I was just remembering how the first time I played the game the prologue was broken because of autogroup. I think in the first year and half they lost a huge volume of potential players to the auto-group function preventing them from finishing the prolog.

Anoregon

That's some real i'vemadeahugemistake.gif life choices

Volimar

For steam users:

Marvel Heroes 2016 - Old Man Logan Pack

Items Included in this Pack:
Wolverine (Hero)
X-23 (Hero)
Wolverine Modern (Default) Costume
Wolverine Old Man Logan Costume
X-23 Classic (Default) Costume
X-23 Innocence Lost Costume
2x Experience Boosts

I like how they state that you get the default costumes. Oh goody.

Regularly $19.99 (in the US), but if you act now you can get it for 10% off!

$17.99

Anoregon

They should follow marvel canon and leave her OP

Fun fact: Sunday, I opened MH and checked out the character models for Beast and Black Bolt and a few they had updated recently. Then I closed it again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's going to be made entirely of existing teamups.

i would be 100% fine with that.

Falcon
Kamala
Medusa
Carnage
Drax
Gamora
Groot
Angel
Agent Venom
Jubilee
Quicksilver
Wasp
Spider Woman
Sunspot
Havok
Domino

plenty of original characters to make into playable heroes

Anoregon

Don't Forget Miguel and Miles spidey!

AP4 should be entirely Spiderman characters. Carnage, Agent Venom, Miguel, Miles, Spider-Woman, Spider Gwen, and (ugh) Kaine I guess.

Top Bottom