• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Nicky Nick

C6-oQDEWsAEGHVV.jpg:large

Don't Forget Miguel and Miles spidey!

AP4 should be entirely Spiderman characters. Carnage, Agent Venom, Miguel, Miles, Spider-Woman, Spider Gwen, and (ugh) Kaine I guess.

Needs more symbiotes, but nice start.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why doesnt Warlock hve characters and team ups as splinters anymore?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
why doesnt Warlock hve characters and team ups as splinters anymore?

Because the unlock items were redundant, now you just unlock them directly from the roster screen.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Because the unlock items were redundant, now you just unlock them directly from the roster screen.

but Punisher team-up only shows as Gs

wait nvm you said roster screen not store

Dec

yo by the way

if you didn't delete the duplicate tab 16 stash (they've given 3 out, two during the holiday log in bug that were redundant and unusable) they turned into 600 splinters each. 1,200 splinters if you kept them and also already had it from the second anniversary or whenever.

Volimar

yo by the way

if you didn't delete the duplicate tab 16 stash (they've given 3 out, two during the holiday log in bug that were redundant and unusable) they turned into 600 splinters each. 1,200 splinters if you kept them and also already had it from the second anniversary or whenever.

I saw that. I'm actually kind of pissed about it cuz I deleted mine, but oh well.

Rhaknar

I dont remember deleting them but I dont see no splinters so I guess I did

Dec

I saw that. I'm actually kind of pissed about it cuz I deleted mine, but oh well.

from what i understand there was a bug relating to another stash tab (maybe the one you can get with splinters?) that caused them to do a refund on them and in that process the tab 16 duplicates were also exchanged.

They never intended for those extra tabs to have a use

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I know I kept at least one of them, but I keep forgetting to log in and check.

Anoregon

Did the stashes get converted directly into splinters, or become an item you need to right click to get the splinters? I can't find the stashes but I have 2500 splinters and that definitely seems higher than what I had.

Maybe I should finally get X-23. Naa.

antonz

Did the stashes get converted directly into splinters, or become an item you need to right click to get the splinters? I can't find the stashes but I have 2500 splinters and that definitely seems higher than what I had.

Maybe I should finally get X-23. Naa.

turned straight into splinters. Was a nice find. ended up grabbing a few heroes I had been missing.

Ploid 3.0

I really hope they give Binary Captain Marvel another shot. Maybe they will when her movie hits, that or they will move to the new Binary and leave that one bland and pitiful. :( An enhanced costume.

And I wish I didn't delete those stash tabs. Funny, I had to get rid of them because they were taking up space. Ah well.

Anoregon

Also, Fury is on TC:

Hey Everyone,

Together with the rest of the Powers team we've created our take on Nick Fury.

What you'll find with Fury is that he's primarily a ranged character as you level him up. So, as you might expect, his primary resource is Ammo. Powers have a set ammo cost but don't require the exact amount to activate, meaning you can use a power you don't technically have the cost for. When he's out of ammo there's a brief cooldown period before ammo auto-reloads.

Expect lots of rifle and grenade powers in his low levels and into his 30s. He has a few call-in powers such as an airstrike, but largely you'll be relying on his roll to stay out of combat and blast away at enemies with a number of cooldown powers in your rotation.

Once you're unlocking talents, this is where Fury's layers open up a bit. In talents you'll find options to call in assists from heroes like Falcon and Warmachine, turn a ranged power into a PBAoE, and augment your signature power. Take time going through this (and try out his Life Model Decoy -- it looks awesome).

For those looking for a summoner Fury, the right side of his talents tree is what you'll be looking for. Here you can call in a cadre of shield agents to your side. They don't stick around forever, but anytime you hit someone with a power they jump right back into the fight. You can mix and match what your Fireteam looks like.

Have fun with Fury, and let us know what you think.

Moondrop

Banned
and if you dont want to jump on the TC, that youtube dude that makes preview videos made one for Nick
Fury appears to be a Punisher/Widow combination with four independent summons (if you commit all your talents). Rather uninspired considering the original concept.

The one saving grace is that the power set is so generic it could easily fit a Coulson enhanced costume. And given that Fury uses both Lola and the destroyer gun (plus Clark Gregg's willingness to do VO for Marvel games), perhaps it's already in the pipeline? Day 1.

Anoregon

Fury appears to be a Punisher/Widow combination with four independent summons (if you commit all your talents). Rather uninspired considering the original concept.

The one saving grace is that the power set is so generic it could easily fit a Coulson enhanced costume. And given that Fury uses both Lola and the destroyer gun (plus Clark Gregg's willingness to do VO for Marvel games), perhaps it's already in the pipeline? Day 1.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's a big part of why Fury doesn't have any specific coulson/maria hill summons. It would be weird if they summoned themselves, after all.

Rhaknar

Wouldn't be surprised if that's a big part of why Fury doesn't have any specific coulson/maria hill summons. It would be weird if they summoned themselves, after all.

aye. I actually like how he came out, at this point, you wont get any more original shit lets me honest, every hero will just be a mix of other heroes, I dont even blame them tbh.

Summoner stuff is cool with 4 summons (good chance to use that shield agent team up too) so im happy.

Moondrop

Banned
aye. I actually like how he came out, at this point, you wont get any more original shit lets me honest, every hero will just be a mix of other heroes, I dont even blame them tbh.

Summoner stuff is cool with 4 summons (good chance to use that shield agent team up too) so im happy.
Sure, and for the record I agree the devs should be recycling powers. Four summons is enough to be fun if they're well-tuned. And there's even some niche build potential with a talent that provides health regeneration while stealthed.

If I'm disappointed it's because I was excited about the concept of a character that throws out waves of disposable summons. I joked before, but should we really abandon all expectations? Once upon a time this game strived for creative mechanics. But lately there's this sentiment as if the game already has one foot in maintenance mode.

Mrcapcom

Uhhh, thats probably a little dated now (remember Danger Room everyone!)

There's been a tonne of changes. Here's a good place to start.

Cool thnx I'm not that into PC gaming but I wanted to start up on some easy gfx games. I have a Precision 5510.

I finally (after 7 years) got Star Craft 2 battle chest for 9 bucks at Walmart and wanted to play this as well :)

Moondrop

Banned
Being happy with copy/paste jobs?
To clarify, I think it's fine to copy the underlying skeletal rigging of firing an assault rifle onto another character's mesh, or transferring the hitboxes of one AoE attack to another but tweaking the VFX. Accepting that isn't an example of complacency to me, but rather not sweating the small stuff.

Complacency to me would be shrugging our shoulders when a character first conceived with unique mechanics is seemingly shipping with none.

To clarify, I think it's fine to copy the underlying skeletal rigging of firing an assault rifle onto another character's mesh, or transferring the hitboxes of one AoE attack to another but tweaking the VFX.

In Fury's case, they haven't done much tweaking. His gun animations are Punisher's for example. To a Punisher main it would be like just having a new costume.

Dec

i dont really know how fury was ever expected to be good

Also they just gave out 200 splinters to everyone to make up for some people getting 1200 from extra stash tabs (though people that benefit from that stash bug also get these 200 so)

Rhaknar

i dont really know how fury was ever expected to be good

Also they just gave out 200 splinters to everyone to make up for some people getting 1200 from extra stash tabs (though people that benefit from that stash bug also get these 200 so)

you mean 1200 splinters? because I have 6 boxes of 200

antonz

lol got the 1200 for the 2 tabs I had kept. and I logged in to another 1200 splinters via the crates. More free heroes it seems yay

Anoregon

Jesus, yeah. I'm at 3800 splinters now.

Cracklox

Woah! Thanks for the heads up about the splinters. I can't even remember what I did with the tab in question. I'll take the 1200 splinters though

Now to spend them, before they realised they fucked up and take them back

Top Bottom