• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

zorbsie

Went to go spend my 1200 splinters and found out they took out the ability to buy specific characters/teamups with splinters. Only option is random hero box. When did they make that change? I don't remember seeing that.

Zurick

Banned
Went to go spend my 1200 splinters and found out they took out the ability to buy specific characters/teamups with splinters. Only option is random hero box. When did they make that change? I don't remember seeing that.

They didn't. Press T, you can spend them directly there now.

Cracklox

Changed a month or two back. You just choose the option to unlock with splinters from the roster select screen.

Ploid 3.0

Thanks for the heads up on the splinters. Poor Gaz, but now I wish I got the original 1200 + the free 1200. Never deleting extra useless stuff again.

Dec

i hate this new map thing

you can either have no map at all, a minimap, or the big transparent screen map

before it was either minimap or transparent map

minimap > tab once > transparent full map > tab twice > no map at all > tab third time back to minimap

Terrible.

Finaika

i hate this new map thing

you can either have no map at all, a minimap, or the big transparent screen map

before it was either minimap or transparent map

minimap > tab once > transparent full map > tab twice > no map at all > tab third time back to minimap

Terrible.

Agreed.

Yeah that mini-map "addition" is straight terrible.

Also, rare footage of visual updates actually being great:

y34wZKL.jpg

AuTEo2E.jpg

cJ0eKpI.jpg

Lord Phol

Oh yes Rider update! His costume was damn good to begin with but that's a nice upgrade. Agreed that the bucket/face looks off though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really wish there was something that actually made me feel compelled to get back into the game. I miss having fun with it.

Rocket is good, the others not so much. IM is awful but so is that costume originally so

All three are awful. Back to normal I guess. I really hate that Lord (the art director) stubbornly refuses to change inaccurate aspects of costumes for no other reason than to keep things the same.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm just upset about the absurdity of that digitigrade biped posture. I suppose it's feasible if we assume his tail weighs as much as the rest of his body.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh they changed Groot to have those red glowy things like that comic at that time, cool. I think I still have that costume too

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nope.
Yep

alrighty then. Are they just shitting our characters faster with little prep these days or am I just not following the game closely enough? It seems he JUST went on PTR. Same thing happened with Blackbolt.

Its probably me not following the game tho.

Well Ill lvl him thats granted. And he's a summoner so, you know...I am obligated by law to enjoy him.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I guess I'll buy him with some of the 2400 free splinters I got from the spare stash nonsense.

alrighty then. Are they just shitting our characters faster with little prep these days or am I just not following the game closely enough? It seems he JUST went on PTR. Same thing happened with Blackbolt.

Its probably me not following the game tho.

Well Ill lvl him thats granted. And he's a summoner so, you know...I am obligated by law to enjoy him.

Considering his attacks are copy-pasted from other characters (>_>) he was on TC for more than enough time.

Rhaknar

Considering his attacks are copy-pasted from other characters (>_>) he was on TC for more than enough time.

yes.... give in to the hate... you know you wnt to Frost.

The game is shit :3

I'll always love it tho

Rhaknar

servers are up

edit: oh the first summon you get now is dum dum duggan heh, thats cool. the others are still generic shield agents tho.

edit: got him to 60 earlier, Gaz is officially creatively bankrupt. Not only is he a copy paste of other heroes like Frost said, his summon tree is basically just "choose these 5 talents and you automaticall have summons with you" and nothing actually changes. Skills dont change, its the same shit, just with summons, and because they added the now infamous 8 skill bar limit for the supposed console release that isnt actually ever happening at this point, they have to work around that so they cant have actual summon skills or you would have no skills to USE, so they just make them passive now (same for other summoners).

Fuck. Also his alt costume sucks.

EDIT: good dmg as usual for summoners (from my experience), melted cosmic trial with no problem, I actually failed on Blackbolt lol >_>

Drayco21

Fuck. Also his alt costume sucks.

I can't believe that he launched without one costume being the good Fury. Guess they'll make bank on it as an Enhanced later, but it really feels like it should've been there from the start like Sam Alexander and Hank Pym. (And also, it should have been his default, but I acknowledge that's a thing movie synergy will never allow)

Ploid 3.0

After the update I can't change the screen mode or alt tab without the game crashing with a frozen white screen. Never had this problem with Marvel Heroes and changing the ini to enable borderless does nothing.

Fixed: There are multiple ini files that mess with the display setting now it seems. A new "MarvelSystemSettingsUserSettings.ini" that has a few lines, no idea what's it's purpose is other than to confuse things, was the one that changed things. I suppose I can't edit that file while in game. I'll see if it crash again if I try changing a display setting.

Anoregon

oh look the game is coming to consoles. There is no cross-play at all so if you would prefer to play the game on PS4 anything you have unlocked/purchased already would have to be purchased again.

Lord Phol

Yeah no reason for me to get the console version, but I'm glad we at least got real controller support on PC before all this, unlike a certain blizzard game I've bought way too many times.. Just hope they don't stop supporting the PC version.

Edit: Also bought Nick Fury and leveled him to 60. Felt even more bland and boring than the Black Bolt and Beast. If they release anymore heroes I hope they don't have to hurry them out like these 3 abominations. The recent team-up have been pretty cool though.

Dec

oh look the game is coming to consoles. There is no cross-play at all so if you would prefer to play the game on PS4 anything you have unlocked/purchased already would have to be purchased again.

38 heroes. Iron Fist and War Machine exclusive to the founders pack for 6 months. No Industry City, chapter 10, Holo-sim, X Defense, Hightown, or Raids?

Probably fine for console players but definitely not meant for PC people.

Just hope they don't stop supporting the PC version.

I think that until we see how this stuff plays out PC players should not invest any money into the game. They aren't a big developer... between this, the BUE and all the other reworks they are doing (costumes, story chapters, items) there is going to be a content drought at least until August.

I have in previous years argued the game was healthy and doing fine but the PC version is headed down a really troubled road and has been for a few months now. They need this console version to be successful.

Anoregon

I'm pretty sure there's no x-defense on the pc either.

Lord Phol

I think that until we see how this stuff plays out PC players should not invest any money into the game. They aren't a big developer... between this, the BUE and all the other reworks they are doing (costumes, story chapters, items) there is going to be a content drought at least until August.

I have in previous years argued the game was healthy and doing fine but the PC version is headed down a really troubled road and has been for a few months now. They need this console version to be successful.

Yeah this echoes what I've been feeling as well and probably many others. The community manager did write that they are planing to release new heroes and stuff "for years to come" on PC but that could just as well end up meaning nothing, especially if they company isn't doing well. I got no grudge or anything against Gaz though so I hope this does turn out to be at least somewhat of a success for them.

Rhaknar

theres nothing else to spend money on anyway :3

Lack of cross-play is not surprising to me. They can barely push a patch without breaking everything, there's no way they'd be able to keep synch between two versions. At best you might have expected a Warframe-esque one-time transfer, but since this version is gutted and nowhere close to content parity, that's obviously not in the cards.

Really sad what this game has become only to launch half-assed on consoles. Good luck to them I guess.

zorbsie

Was super pumped to see the game coming to consoles. No cross play doesn't really bother me, but not being able to access all the stuff I've bought totally ruins it for me. And yet I'll still download it and give it a shot when it's released. I'm part of the problem, aren't I?

Finaika

Was super pumped to see the game coming to consoles. No cross play doesn't really bother me, but not being able to access all the stuff I've bought totally ruins it for me. And yet I'll still download it and give it a shot when it's released. I'm part of the problem, aren't I?

Yes.

Top Bottom