• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

J-Tier

Honestly, the cross play/ shared account thing is probably one of the major issues that delayed this console release. They probably couldn't get it to work.

The other is adapting all characters to pad controller. Besides other typical multiplatform porting shenanigans that is.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Was super pumped to see the game coming to consoles. No cross play doesn't really bother me, but not being able to access all the stuff I've bought totally ruins it for me. And yet I'll still download it and give it a shot when it's released. I'm part of the problem, aren't I?

Only if you buy a bunch of the same stuff again.

Lothars

oh look the game is coming to consoles. There is no cross-play at all so if you would prefer to play the game on PS4 anything you have unlocked/purchased already would have to be purchased again.
That's one of the most dissapointing things, I don't have an issue with no cross play but purchases not carrying over sucks.

Xevren

oh look the game is coming to consoles. There is no cross-play at all so if you would prefer to play the game on PS4 anything you have unlocked/purchased already would have to be purchased again.

What the fucking fuck is the point then, holy shit.

Moondrop

Banned
Masochists are claiming they would play this again on a console having already experienced the PC version? Perhaps if it was on the Switch I could understand.

Xevren

There are a lot of people who don't games on computers. This obviously isn't for people who are already playing the PC version. Not sure why you'd want it to be. PC version already has controller support.

Mainly cuz my pc kind of struggles with the game and it would have been convenient to try. Not supporting this in any way though, this is fucking retarded.

Flintty

Honestly, the cross play/ shared account thing is probably one of the major issues that delayed this console release. They probably couldn't get it to work.

The other is adapting all characters to pad controller. Besides othetr typical multiplatform porting shenanigans that is.

They already done pad controls on PC which was a clear indication/barrier breaker for a console release.

I'm pissed my purchases can't carry across to Xbox but I'll definitely play the game and put a couple of quid in.

Volimar

That's crazy. Elite Dangerous is also coming to consoles, and I think they let you have a one time free migration of your account over to a console for the launch. Bright side, this is the most activity this thread has had in months. :p

J-Tier

That's crazy. Elite Dangerous is also coming to consoles, and I think they let you have a one time free migration of your account over to a console for the launch. Bright side, this is the most activity this thread has had in months. :p
Yeah, I've been following the thread, y'all seemed so lonely and sad.

Drayco21

Hell, I'd even be fine starting all the actual in-game progress over again on a less feature rich version of the game with a different player pool, if they at least recognized my purchases and let me use the roster I had unlocked on PC.

I'm disappointed there's no option for account migration, even for a limited time period. I played this religiously until my gaming PC died and have bought many premium bundles throughout that time. When I first heard rumours of a console port, I was excited to be able to play this hopefully without the performance issues that hindered my experience on the PC; I'd been gaming on a seven year old laptop and smooth was not an adjective I'd ever associate with MH.

I don't care if in-game progress is wiped, or there's no cross-play, but without access to the many characters, team-ups and costumes I have purchased or been gifted through various limited time events, this is simply a hard no for me. I'd imagine much of the community shares this sentiment, at least of those who were planning on transitioning to console play.

I find it disheartening to see that some characters are also going to be exclusively available within Founders Packs, Iron Fist and War Machine specifically. Given every playable character can be earned in-game without needing to make a purchase in the PC version, this move is extremely dishonest and anti-consumer.

I find it disheartening to see that some characters are also going to be exclusively available within Founders Packs, Iron Fist and War Machine specifically. Given every playable character can be earned in-game without needing to make a purchase in the PC version, this move is extremely dishonest and anti-consumer.

At least it's a limited-time exclusivity, unlike the nonsense with the four costumes on PC that will forever rot in the accounts of UP buyers.

I can't believe that he launched without one costume being the good Fury. Guess they'll make bank on it as an Enhanced later, but it really feels like it should've been there from the start like Sam Alexander and Hank Pym. (And also, it should have been his default, but I acknowledge that's a thing movie synergy will never allow)

Not only the movie synergy, also the comic synergy, which is even more important to Marvel. Just like they insisted on Iron Fist and Magneto having the white costumes as defaults because those were the current ones at the time. Stuff like that.

the nonsense with the four costumes on PC that will forever rot in the accounts of UP buyers.

I'm sorry. :( I don't even use them anymore cause those costumes belong to characters who have a lot cooler costumes by now.

Lord Phol

Late to the party but I just saw Logan yesterday and daaaaamn, so guuud! The first thing I did when I got home was loading up Marvel Heroes to play around with Wolverine and X-23. I can go months without touching this game but as soon as something else from Marvel hypes me up (usually the movies) I end up back in it for some time.

antonz

What a day to login and get a 90% off coupon.

PFngmQ9.jpg

Ploid 3.0

They really need to give full refunds to the level 80 legendaries. They screwed up one again, I didn't know the bow was broken or too good, and now I'll be out 400 odin marks if I fix it by getting better legendaries for two characters I like. I've probably lost close to 2k odin marks because of the constant changes in the past, especially before they had the free blessing exchange. There should be no reason to have a penalty on level 80 lengendaries, it's an expected item to get at 60 these days. Makes me wish I stayed back from the game last month, if I did I wouldn't have had those legendaries I think (Picked up Scarlet again for farming the Shield Boxes, haven't actually tested if she's better than Storm yet, I was still in the process of gearing. Then Storm, I changed from CCR because I saw that the bow had a edge on it). I don't know when the bow became good, when it got the bad stats that had to be fixed, I stopped playing a bit after BUE.

The icing on the cake is if they nerfed Scarlet Witch into the ground. I've stayed off of her for over a year because of the constant changing she went through anticipating a big nerf and a lot lost currency. She used to be my main character about 6 months after I first started playing, and by the time of her first review I had already been conditioned to nope out of newly reviewed characters, so I had to ditch her for a while. Storm became my safty, and now she's not even safe. This game is never leaving beta, these types of bug/error fixes should not make it to live, especially for things players get penalized for.

Back to other games for a bit to wait for beta to be over on new changes (Beta for this game is never over for this game. Currency is too limited for me and I'm all out of odin marks, too annoying to farm those).

Mulgrok

The scheduled event bugged out, so they kept cosmic bonus with an additional 100% bonus xp. Took advantage of this to finish off some cosmic prestiges.

Melee Captain Marvel is way better in cosmic patrols than I expected. I am used to melee taking lethal damage if I don't go full tank. She can handle the damage output just fine with hybrid defense oriented gear.

Moondrop

Banned
what are the upcoming characters? do we have release dates?
No new characters have been announced. They just finished pumping out the 2016 characters (and the game is still tagged "2016"). I would wager you won't see anything new until consoles have caught up.

Everyone simply misinterpreted the "Biggest Update Ever" annoucement. Gazillion meant financially, not in terms of gameplay.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
love the new avatar rhank

i wanted to play a female mcu-tied character

how is black widow, cap marvel & jane-thor?

Mainly cuz my pc kind of struggles with the game and it would have been convenient to try. Not supporting this in any way though, this is fucking retarded.

It's altogether possible if they could do it they would.

It's also possible they are doing it so people double dip.

Saying it's fucking retarded...well...that's one way to go.

After watching the console version preview, I'm curious if they are going to retool the PC UI. Drop in/out Co-op would be nice too, but I can see that being console exclusive. I can see them changing over from 2016 to Omega with a UI overhaul as part of that.

Dec

Caught up on some forum dev posts since I really haven't paid attention for a while and christ... this game should have a huge red X warning on it on PC. We know nothing about the future of the game on PC and there are red flags everywhere.

This one gave me a chuckle:

The itemization game on console is completely different than PC. I'm really happy with how it is turning out. Item progression (including a new, non omega rarity) really matters as you progress through the difficulty slider. Items matter a lot more than they used to. Lots of new keywords, procs, etc. Super exiting stuff :)

As I've said elsewhere today, we don't have anything specific to announce about what console features are coming to pc or not.

When it comes to itemization, imany of the new aspects have already been released on pc. Many during BUE, some more recent(changes to white > cosmic items). We took the systems that we could cleanly move to pc and have done so already. Once we have not done are because the console experience has been designed as a brand new experience. Why does this matter?

Dealing with item conversion on pc is an incredibly complex issue. We don't have to deal with that on console, which makes implementation easier and quicker. In the event we would move the new itemization systems to pc, a decent amount of item conversion engineering, testing and iteration would need to be done.

Also the results for the costume voting are in and you can expect the first of the two winners to be implemented into the game at the end of the year! Because the dev team is split thin with the launch of their closed beta.

Caught up on some forum dev posts since I really haven't paid attention for a while and christ... this game should have a huge red X warning on it on PC. We know nothing about the future of the game on PC and there are red flags everywhere.

This one gave me a chuckle:

Also the results for the costume voting are in and you can expect the first of the two winners to be implemented into the game at the end of the year! Because the dev team is split thin with the launch of their closed beta.

Yea, I noticed that too. They're basically planning on running two completely different games in tandem. At this point I'm expecting both games to shutter within a year if the console version doesn't catch fire.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yea, I noticed that too. They're basically planning on running two completely different games in tandem. At this point I'm expecting both games to shutter within a year if the console version doesn't catch fire.

They are definitely positioning themselves in a such a way that the console version will be the main hope/priority going forward, yeah.

Either way I have very little optimism for PC MH going forward. Either the console version isn't a success and the company struggles, or the console version is a success so the PC version remains a lower priority.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Looks like winning that 90% off Gs coupon was like winning gift cards to a store going out of business

Or at the very least relocating to a new site that will not honor the coupon.

Moondrop

Banned
They're basically planning on running two completely different games in tandem.
...and this plan is insane given what we've experienced with the PC version. Lie to your customers, fair enough, lie to yourselves...

Either way I have very little optimism for PC MH going forward. Either the console version isn't a success and the company struggles, or the console version is a success so the PC version remains a lower priority.
Exactly. There is no option C: console version is such a success that Gaz reinvests the profits into the PC game.

Hell, the real option C is that the PC version is shuttered relatively soon to consolidate effort on the console versions (which in turn limp along for a few years). Deprecating jokes about PC becoming the console test center now seem like wishful thinking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also Gaz's 10 year deal with Marvel is up in 2019 btw.

oh shit nice

got any pics?

Not of Baby Groot, but here are Star-Lord and Rocket's costumes.

ab14cdc161c1436d801681d53bb82024.png
1d68e87bfcbf48a0949ac085357c3671.png

Console Founder's pack details for those interested:
Founder's Packs for the PS4

Avenger's Founder's Pack - $59.99

Captain American, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Thor.
Default + Bonus Costumes
10 Combo Boosts
$20 worth of G's

X-Men's Founder's Pack - $59.99

Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Iceman, and Psylocke.
Default + Bonus Costumes
10 Combo Boosts
$20 worth of G's

Guardian's Founder's Pack - $39.99

Star-Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Default + Bonus Costumes
5 Combo Boosts
$10 worth of G's

Spider-Man Founder's Pack - $19.99

Spider-Man
Default + Civil War Costume
1 XP Boost
$5 worth of G's

Deadpool Founder's Pack - $19.99

Deadpool
Default + Zen Costume
1 XP Boost
$5 worth of G's

Exclusives

Iron Fist and the Spider-Man Symbiote Enhanced are time-exclusives. You can acquire them by getting all the Founder's Packs available on the PSN.
DareDevil will be a PSN Exclusive meaning that once we are in Open Beta, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free. He won't be available in Closed Beta.
War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

Here are all the GotG2 costume models:

Groot, Drax, and Gamora look great. Don't like that Marvel is making all game devs use the long coat version of Star-Lord despite having the short version in nearly all promo material. Too similar to the first movie's look for me.

Top Bottom