• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

What an amazing second half, but:

- The Ramos - Cuadrado thing was unnecessary, hell never change...
- Benzema doesnt know how to shoot or something, he had an amazing play where Ronaldo would've shot 3 times.

Syder

rIfBWu9.gif

Yi1v8Gv.gif

KTK5kCJ.gif

Jarnet87

Juventus don't bring enough attacking prowess to these finals. You go up against Barcelona or Real Madrid you are going to get scored on.

Juventus played like straight garbage in the 2nd half. I dont think I've ever seen such a good run for them as this year. Beating Barcelona badly was an amazing feat for them but this game was garbage. Buffon is my favourite player. I feel really bad for the guy. I wonder if he can really do anything for Italy next year before retiring. All those games saved... hell he formed a record and now this. It feels terrible.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I still think De Gea doesn't make financial sense for Real.

I think Mbappé will be the signing of this summer.

Zasa

Man U vs Real Madrid should be interesting...

Can Mou's bus hold out for 90 minutes vs this other worldly attack? Hmm

Syder

James is still young enough and has enough potential that people will pay a ridiculous fee for him, keeping him on the bench is just bad business.

Unfortunately Zidane prefers Isco, Asensio AND Lucas over James, so there is no point in keeping him really.

This is what makes me mad, James has good numbers for what little he played and almost saved the team against Barcelona with 10. Im sure that it would be different if James were the spanish player.
I wouldn't count Asensio and Lucas. Asensio has a huge future, can be the star in some years, and Lucas accepts a secondary role.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
James is still young enough and has enough potential that people will pay a ridiculous fee for him, keeping him on the bench is just bad business.

Yeah, it's bad business for Real and bad business for James in the end. I'm not sure that United is the right team for him though, but I guess Mou has a plan.

RocknRola

Good game form a 3rd party perspective, but after that fantastic 1st half Juve kinda....died? On their own too. I gotta imagine this one must hurt more than others, as they probably felt they could have won it (unlike say, the game against Barça).

Syder

Yeah, it's bad business for Real and bad business for James in the end. I'm not sure that United is the right team for him though, but I guess Mou has a plan.
Maybe Monaco will buy him back with all the money they're getting from transfers LOL

Don't worry dude I know it's tough but buffon will always have his world cup winners medal and he is loved the world over for the dedication he has to his craft!

He will be back again next year at the age of 40 to give the champions league one final shot, as well as play in his fifth world cup!!

Thanks for the kind words cause that is all true. Btw, isn't it his sixth world cup next year? What a titan!

Pachimari

There's no room for James. If James was to stay he would take away important minutes from Asensio and Isco. We all love Isco in Madrid and not just because he is Spanish. James is a great player and he deserves first team minutes but we got a lot of talents knocking on the door. I would rather have Asensio on the team than James. James has also had the wrong attitude outside the pitch. I'm glad we are selling him, and it's good business for both Real Madrid who will get a good sum and James who will find minutes elsewhere.

And no, why would we go for Mbappe who have had one great season, when we got Morata waiting for minutes. And even though Benzema haven't been scoring that many goals, he just gels with all players in front, makes great passes and works his ass off off the ball. We have two great strikers already. While we are stacked with midfielders so there's no room for a big name like James. I can see Diego Llorente coming in but he will also accept less minutes.

And Hala Madrid, it's a wonderful night for us Real Madrid fans (besides that horrible terror attack, and my condolences goes out to their families and friends.)

It's also no problem paying big money for De Gea. You say it yourself, we can spend the James money on him and can afford to spend more than what we get paid for James.

Congrats to Madrid. But I really can't respect the team when Ramos is still holding the captain arm band.

Good game form a 3rd party perspective, but after that fantastic 1st half Juve kinda....died? On their own too. I gotta imagine this one must hurt more than others, as they probably felt they could have won it (unlike say, the game against Barça).

Juve died sooner than that, at 30 minutes or so perhaps?

And it's getting worse in the 2nd half, they could barely pass the half line.

Tosyn_88

Congratulations to Madrid GAF on thier win. As much as people like to root for underdogs, I could care less because Juventus fans have been dicks so good riddance.

Madrid can also keep thier squad as it is aside from players who want to exit

Talk about a self-destruct. Juve, damn.

Bravo to Madrid, deserved winners and history makers. This transfer window will be interesting. James is already gone, but selling Morata is not a good look after bringing him back home. Benz moves the ball well but is incredibly wasteful.

They also must remember to offload Danilo and bring in a right back.

DBT85

From the BBC
Antoine Griezmann says he will stay at Atletico Madrid next season as it would be a "dirty move" to leave the club after their transfer ban was upheld.

Griezmoff

GHG

Good good. It would be a travesty to see him play as a left back under Mourinho anyway.

Empty

impressed by how much work we put into spinning 'actually we'd moved on anyway as we really prefer a number 9'

i was going to break up with her first anyway *cries*

Top Bottom