• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Lunar FC

1bab413e9e1a1__AKON_567x527_currency.jpg

Think I dig them. Haven't decided.

spidye

Normally, bayern made their transfer business even before the season ends

Kinda worrying that we haven't signed anyone big.
With perisic as a possible target, I want to shoot myself

Sciel

I believe the reports are that United are willing to let De Gea go for Morata plus money, not that he is going to join.

Clarence Seedorf and Scholes looked like they could still give it a go, Park as well.
Seedorf was quality. Really enjoyed watching him play yesterday. Scholes...immense passing as usual.

Park played all 90 minutes right? Still three-lunged Park after all this time :D

Audioboxer

Hmm, if this is "that's pretend we are gay for a laugh" they all need slapping

A tiny part of me feared that hence posting this tweet to see if anyone can translate it. I'd rather not read through Twitter comments which are usually trash.

GHG

What's with all this hype around Perisic at the moment?

Is the talent pool situation that dire in world football at the moment where a guy like Perisic is suddenly worth 50m?

Audioboxer

What's with all this hype around Perisic at the moment?

Is the talent pool situation that dire in world football at the moment where a guy like Perisic is suddenly worth 50m?

Man Utd are getting desperate because no one wants to join a bunch of Europa League rejects and a manager who is a fraud. We'll be be forced to pay inflated amounts for average players that would be bench warmers at Real and Barcelona. If they even made the bench.

Beefy

A tiny part of me feared that hence posting this tweet to see if anyone can translate it. I'd rather not read through Twitter comments which are usually trash.
Yeah, I am starting to think it is the case now. If it is them taking the piss, they need to be fined and banned.

Jack cw

Dont worry, one transfer is already done, another one is pretty close to an agreement. It will be announced soon. Transfers in those categories take time. And since the mole inside of Bayern has been suspended since years, press simply has no clue and get the news basically with the press release.

I can tell you from a very credible source that Perisic is not on any list. 2 rather big players are coming, another 2 international class players will follow. And forget the BILD candidates, these are made up by themselves. Costa will leave, Bernat and Rafinha too if they find a club that pays their fee.

spidye

Dont worry, one transfer is already done, another one is pretty close to an agreement. It will be announced soon. Transfers in those categories take time. And since the mole inside of Bayern has been suspended since years, press simply has no clue and get the news basically with the press release.

I can tell you from a very credible source that Perisic is not on any list. 2 rather big players are coming, another 2 international class players will follow. And forget the BILD candidates, these are made up by themselves. Costa will leave, Bernat and Rafinha too if they find a club that pays their fee.
You mean aside from süle and rudy, that makes a total of six new players.

Costa leaving is pretty much given since ancelotti refused to start him even in games where it didn't matter anymore even though he was fully fit.
I wouldn't be even sad if he left. His form took a nosedive and never recovered since 2016

Audioboxer

Is there anything confirmed on the James to United thing?

0.5% chance. How many players ever move from RM to United? It's usually the other way around.

Yeah, I am starting to think it is the case now. If it is them taking the piss, they need to be fined and banned.

Google translate

"The thing is not just two"

Intent unclear, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bait and switch "look at the two of us... /nah bro, there's 3 of us!!!".

Either way, if it's a joke you cannot be that tone deaf to not know what you publicly presented in the first image is going to be taken as many did. In a sport that is rife with homophobia, as a professional, it's not the best of ideas to be chasing after "the lulz".

Jack cw

You mean aside from süle and rudy, that makes a total of six new players.

Costa leaving is pretty much given since ancelotti refused to start him even in games where it didn't matter anymore even though he was fully fit.
I wouldn't be even sad if he left. His form took a nosedive and never recovered since 2016
Alonso, Lahm, Starke and Costa are leaving and the squad was too small already, so 6 six new players is the least we can expect.

source from Chinese website confirms that Tiote has passed away today due to a collapse during training.

RIP Cheick. Sad sad day for a Newcastle fan. The equaliser in that 4:4 draw with Arsenal will always be remembered

MrS

Banned
Really sad news if it's true. Rest in peace, Cheick. Really good player for the barcodes in his day.

EDIT: Confirmed on SSN now. Fuck sake. Really awful news.

Ed Aarons‏ @ed_aarons 5m

Even more tragically am told Cheick Tioté's wife is expecting a baby this week #rip

Fuck! ;( That's so sad.

Top Bottom