• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita anniversary Deals (NA) - Free games (Wild Arms, Patapon,...) and discounts

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
A 6-12 hour rpg?
It's a great classical JRPG (although admittedly not the best) with a great sense of charme and mystique and is more like 30 hours. Seks is just being stupid today.
But seriously, if you like the old JRPGS, you'll like this one as well. which makes for a very compelling argument of it being pretty darn good.

bumpkin

Hmm... Discount on Stranger's Wrath? Now may be the perfect time for me to double dip.

Did anyone confirm for sure that the spend $50 get $10 promo for March was indeed a thing?

Tizoc

Hmm... Discount on Stranger's Wrath? Now may be the perfect time for me to double dip.

Did anyone confirm for sure that the spend $50 get $10 promo for March was indeed a thing?

Go to blog.us.playstation.com
check the first page, then check previous entries
That should more or less answer your question...
no offense intended btw

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I didn't know there were people who thought Patapon was a bad game.

randomkid

Buy Dokuro, people. Really great design in that game. I wrote impressions in the GotY thread, if anyone's interested.

Yeah, this everyone. $10 and 20 hours was my personal dollar to playtime ratio and at $6.99 it's an even crazier deal. I said it in my GOTY vote but the game manages to stand out against the typical puzzle platformer glut, it's just lovely all around.

I liked Patchwork Heroes even better and people dismissing it without even bothering to watch a trailer are kinda irritating. Really fun challenging puzzle action goodness and a one-of-a-kind soundtrack. Gotta love those unnecessary bios for all the rescued civilians too.

JeTmAn81

Maybe you can contact Sony customer support for a courtesy refund? Could work.

This. Definitely at least send a quick e-mail. The nature of their response should inform your opinions about Sony and their customer service in the future. Any company with good customer service would refund you the difference, or refund you entirely and let you purchase it again at the lower price, if that's easier.

Jamix012

No seriously, we need cards bigger than 32GB. Can someone maybe tweet at Sony? Or ask them on the PS blog? They'd seriously make a small fortune by doing so.

JeTmAn81

Is anyone else getting the message that the store on Vita is currently undergoing maintenance?

Also, it's too bad the price on UMVC3 isn't a bit lower. I bought the cartridge version from a Gaffer for $10, and I wouldn't mind owning it digitally since I'll never sell it but even at 50% off it's still twice what I paid for the used cartridge. Hurray for a digital future...

Jamix012

I think they already do make a fortune with those cards.

Indeed, but think of all the people who would buy a 64 or 128GB card and then purchase more content on PSN as a result. Come on Sony, make my day. Alternatively, I know there are no official 3rd party Vita memory cards but perhaps unofficial ones exist?

randomkid

Patapon was shaping up to be a very fun game and was one of the reasons I originally bought a PSP, the problem is it's one of the only games from the last generation that requires grinding, so I couldn't finish it. Very unfortunate.

Wild Arms is something I never tried, I've heard good things about the music. Really happy to see that Sony's willing to just give away PSX RPGs for free, do Grandia next!

Yeah but the pricing is the problem. Even at PS+ 50% off, it's still $10, which is what it should have launched at, IMO. I'll wait for further discounts or PS+ freebie. Besides, I'll probably never get through my current PS+ freebie backlog anyway so I'm really hesitant to buy anything on PSN anymore.

My God it becomes more and more obvious post after post that you have the worst taste in this entire industry.

I don't always agree with Derrick01 but in this case I do. I remember Patapon was one of GAF's "darlings" on PSP and I was lured into buying it. It was one of the most boring, annoying games I've ever played. But hey, it's free now. People might as well try it no matter what we say.

GeoramA

The hell, Sony. I got way too much shit to play as it is.

Buying Stranger's Wrath, Dokuro, and Sine Mora...I guess. :sigh

NIN90

Indeed, but think of all the people who would buy a 64 or 128GB card and then purchase more content on PSN as a result. Come on Sony, make my day. Alternatively, I know there are no official 3rd party Vita memory cards but perhaps unofficial ones exist?

Haha, I think a 128GB from Sony would rival a PS4 in the price department.

Lan_97

Sine Mora and Strangers Wrath for me. I'm tempted by Dynasty Warriors, but given that I've already had to delete content off my 32gb card, I'd prefer this game in physical form.

JeTmAn81

I just realized that the free games aren't connected to PS+, right? So I don't have to do the mental calculation of how long I have to play them before my subscription runs out (I'm not planning on renewing). Feels johngoodman.

zroid

Banned
Yeah but the pricing is the problem. Even at PS+ 50% off, it's still $10, which is what it should have launched at, IMO. I'll wait for further discounts or PS+ freebie. Besides, I'll probably never get through my current PS+ freebie backlog anyway so I'm really hesitant to buy anything on PSN anymore.

Dokuro is huuuuuuge. I agree $20 is steep, but it's easily worth $15. $10 makes it a must-buy.

Rarutos

Does anyone perchance know that if you buy Street Fighter x Tekken digitally for the Vita, that you can still get the DLC characters for the PS3 version? Since it's going to be $20 bucks anyway, and the character pack is $20... It might actually be a decent deal for me.

Teknoman

Patapon was shaping up to be a very fun game and was one of the reasons I originally bought a PSP, the problem is it's one of the only games from the last generation that requires grinding, so I couldn't finish it. Very unfortunate.

Wild Arms is something I never tried, I've heard good things about the music. Really happy to see that Sony's willing to just give away PSX RPGs for free, do Grandia next!

The Wild Arms series soundtracks are all pretty top notch stuff. Unique for blending spaghetti western style music/atmosphere with usual JRPG fantasy and sci-fi conventions.

The battle music will get stuck in your head, and the opening will make anyone who has never played it, but played other 90s RPGs, wish for actual, decently made animated openings again.

I just realized that the free games aren't connected to PS+, right? So I don't have to do the mental calculation of how long I have to play them before my subscription runs out (I'm not planning on renewing). Feels johngoodman.

100% Ambassador level freeness. No thinking, just download :p

I would have bought SFxT since that ended up as one of my tops in the fighting flood this gen (thats right) but seems more of my friends have UMvC3... Are the Vita d-pad controls actually good for that?

I'm so impatient! *cry*

Thanks for the free games. And time to pick up Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom. I always wanted that on my Vita at all times, that and SFxT, a nice combo!

What's Sine Mora with trial mean?

Takao

Banned

Dokuro was a retail game in Japan. It has a platinum trophy and everything.

If you notice, every game listed for free are Sony owned properties. Sony doesn't own Grandia. ;)

What's Sine Mora with trial mean?

Means that you have to download the demo, and an unlock key.

sn00zer

Hey quick question...
If i log into my PSN account on a PS3, can I download all the games and DLC I bought on PSN through my VIta....ie. could I transfer these free games to a ps3 after "purchasing" them on my vita?

My sis has a PS3 and we would like to share an account....another question...can we play Vita/PS3 games (PSABR) against each other on the same account.

Top Bottom