• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita anniversary Deals (NA) - Free games (Wild Arms, Patapon,...) and discounts

zeopower6

I'm guessing the sales from last week are over?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ary-deals-this-week-including-new-free-games/

It looks like there will still be some time to get last week's deals after maintenance is done.

There is still one more day to pick up the first batch of sales titles, so don’t miss your chance to grab award-winning games like Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale at a big discount.

To continue the celebration this week, we’re pleased to offer a special gift for PS Vita owners—by giving away four classic games for free exclusively in the PlayStation Vita Store! In addition, you’ll also find a brand new set of downloadable PS Vita games on sale at a great discount. The promotion starts tomorrow and runs through March 11th.

They posted this today.

Prophane33

vNvPQQe.jpg

Thanks, DW:Next is still kinda pricy, but I'll think about it.

Dwayne

Has anyone had any success moving PSP save data between regions? I have PAL patchwork heroes and would like to play it on my Vita (US PSN account).

CTRL+F Lumines

FUUUUUUUUUuuuuuu!!!!!

When is that over priced game ever going to be on sale? Still a good selection though except SFxT should be a lot lower.

Toki767

I would've wanted UMvC3 or SFxT but I can't bring myself to spend $20 on either when chances are one will be free on PS+ in a few months.

Fusebox

Banned
Aaaand I can't log into the PS store on either my Vita or my PC.

Does network maintenance usually effect the store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com?

zeopower6

CTRL+F Lumines

FUUUUUUUUUuuuuuu!!!!!

When is that over priced game ever going to be on sale? Still a good selection though except SFxT should be a lot lower.

Maybe they're saving it for PS+ eventually? I think EU got it a while ago.

I think it affects accounts in general, so while you can browse the store, you can't buy anything while maintenance is going on since you can't log in.

Gadirok

It's more like that game fucking sucks. It's on the short list for worst PSP game I played.

Opinions. I played patapon a long time ago. It is an amazing game when you have headphones on and definitely one of the most difficult ones too if you aren't good with timing.

A true challenge and certainly a PSP classic. One of the games I think of when I remember PSP, I hope Japan Studio brings in another iteration for the vita, this series kicks ass.

I never finished 2 but got halfway through. Since I am getting the digital version of patapon for free (borrowed it before and finished it) I may consider just making another save. The game is worth another playthrough.

I recall all the frustration I went through in that game, it was amazing. Actually one of the few PSP games I had memorable moments with.

I will also check out wild arms.

Maybe they're saving it for PS+ eventually? I think EU got it a while ago.
I didn't know that, I'll hold out hope :)

It's a strange side effect of PS+ that makes you afraid to buy games sometimes. I almost caved and bought NG:S+ for near full price and then it was on PS+ free the next month.

Gadirok

Everyone should check out Patapon. They are giving it out for free, you have no excuses.

Its much more difficult than the second game, so if you love it enough to move on to the superior sequel the second game is a breeze given the increase in latency they give you to press a button. Much, much easier...

I was surprised, but in a good way. It would have been very bad if I had played the second game first and got used to the timing and easiness of that and checked out the first one after.

Also, a fraction of your old units move onto the second game for you to rebirth, along with some items I think. So its all good, you get a slight boost.

Probably would have bought a digital copy of Marvel vs Capcom if it had been $15. If you don't have Plus the physical copy of the game is cheaper than the sale price on Amazon.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if asked already but are they going to be putting another set of games on sale for next week as well or was it just these 2 weeks?

zeopower6

Not sure if asked already but are they going to be putting another set of games on sale for next week as well or was it just these 2 weeks?

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but I think it's possible they could go on for another week. They don't seem to have said anything about the Anniversary celebration ending any time soon, anyway.

This is great! I've always wanted to play Patapon and seeing people excited about Wild Arms is making me interested in it. I'll definitely pick up Sine Mora too! Ahh, it's good to be a PS+ Vita owner this week!

This is great! I've always wanted to play Patapon and seeing people excited about Wild Arms is making me interested in it. I'll definitely pick up Sine Mora too! Ahh, it's good to be a PS+ Vita owner this week!

Wild Arms is a damn fine game. I paid for it a few months ago and loved playing through it again....

Portman

I'll be grabbing Sine Mora along with the freebies tomorrow. I've always wanted to try Wild Arms and never got around to buying Patapon back when it released. Now if only this didn't make my backlog worse, but at least they're free/cheap!

Takao

Banned
pretty sure you're wrong unless you can source it

the image on the web store says

which doesn't suggest there will be new deals on March 12th but instead it all ends on March 12th

It's so bizarre seeing Toro up there. That cat is usually banished from these lands.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I wish they would put Jeanne Darc on sale.

This is a pretty good reason for me to ignore all your future game recommendations. Patapon is pretty much in my top 5 for the psp.

I'm pretty much at the point where I honestly dismiss anything he has to say about game and game quality. I certainly don't mean to be rude, but we clearly have some significant differences in gaming tastes that his input on certain games just isn't valuable to me as a reader.

For example, I also love Patapon, inFAMOUS 1 and 2, and the Sly Cooper games. Some of my favorite games of all time. He thinks Sucker Punch is a C list developer. I can't agree with that in the slightest.

Dwayne

Not much talk about it here but Patchwork Heroes is charming, has great music and is a lot of fun. Looking forward to migrating my save from PSP to Vita and continuing forward to 100% :D

Maedhros

Can I get these games without a Vita (yet)? Like... just have them on my account or something. I have a SEN account.

zeopower6

Can I get these games without a Vita (yet)? Like... just have them on my account or something. I have a SEN account.

The discounted ones? Probably.

Not too sure about the free ones...

To continue the celebration this week, we’re pleased to offer a special gift for PS Vita owners—by giving away four classic games for free exclusively in the PlayStation Vita Store!

Top Bottom