• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita anniversary Deals (NA) - Free games (Wild Arms, Patapon,...) and discounts

Holy shit. Seems stupid but... Can I download this to some account and transfer later to vita?

I don't have one yet, but THAT Wild Arms...

Why is it stupid? It's a Vita annersary sale and the free games are a bonus for current Vita owners. You want the games, buy a Vita. Nothing stupid about this promotion.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Why is it stupid? It's a Vita annersary sale and the free games are a bonus for current Vita owners. You want the games, buy a Vita. Nothing stupid about this promotion.
Pretty sure he was indicating that the question was stupid, not that the promotion was stupid.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Very cool, looking forward to them free games! I guess this makes up for me not getting $10
I'll still take it though

bumpkin

Oddworld Strangers Wrath is my target
Hope everyone pick Dokuro, cant believe it reached this price!

By far Dakuro
Hmm... Has anyone actually seen a sale price on Stranger's Wrath? I popped onto my Vita tonight and it's regular price in the store. :(

Agent X

That free game deal is rather awesome. I have Patapon on UMD for my PSP, but don't have any of the others. I might spring for one or two of the discounted games, too.

Dwayne

Reposting for new page.

Hold on while I look on the playstation store for you.

store page said:
Download Pure Chess® to experience chess the way it's meant to be played, in stunning high definition.

Experience one of the oldest known boardgames on the advanced technology of today. With ultra-realistic HD visuals you can almost reach out and touch the pieces. Pure Chess® is a game that can be played by everyone, at any age, but mastered by only a few. The question is... Are you a Grandmaster in the making?

Full game features:
• Staunton, Checker, and Williams chess sets created with stunning detail and precision
• Museum, Penthouse, and Library locations beautifully portrayed
• Comprehensive tutorial that teaches you basic, intermediate, and advanced chess techniques
• 3 Tournaments to test your tactics
• 100 Bonus chess puzzles to ponder over
• Play By Mail with up to 8 of your friends
• Track your ELO and Tournament ratings in the ranking boards

Pure Chess © 2012 Ripstone Ltd. Developed by Voofoo Studios Ltd. "Pure Chess" is a registered trademark of Ripstone Ltd. All rights reserved.

Purchase or use of this item is subject to the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement. This item has been sublicensed to you by Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Quite a few other nice free(mium) games on the store too, like Eclolibrium, Lemmings, Jetpack Joyride, etc. Great time to own a Vita.

I have to warn you that unless they have implemented changes, I thought that the multi-player for Pure Chess was a bit disappointing. I would have appreciated a more 'direct' form of having a match with someone, for instance a clocked one with 10 minutes each would be perfect for this type of game.

Definitely a good looking game though.

tzare

can you acces the store without memory card so i can add the free items to my us account and download them later without having to backup my MC when switching accounts?
such a pitty vita doesn't support more than one account.

It's nice to get free games but I wish they would have given away at least one actual Vita game for the anniversary.

Does the vita account system work the same as the ps3 eg. if I download Patapon with my USA account will I be able to play it on my regular UK account or would I always have to switch?

Any word in the uk will get a sale?

wilflare

Does the vita account system work the same as the ps3 eg. if I download Patapon with my USA account will I be able to play it on my regular UK account or would I always have to switch?

Any word in the uk will get a sale?

nope.
Vita allows one account at any one time
and each Vita memory card is attached to only one account.

you can still switch regions on your Vita.. but that would involve
(1) changing memory card
(2) reset system settings

if you have a US physical release, u can play on your UK vita still

nope.
Vita allows one account at any one time
and each Vita memory card is attached to only one account.

you can still switch regions on your Vita.. but that would involve
(1) changing memory card
(2) reset system settings

if you have a US physical release, u can play on your UK vita still

Cool, thanks for the reply. Only Patapon interested me so it's not worth any sort of hassle, if it doesn't work that's fine. Thanks for letting me know though :)

sphagnum

Banned
Bought Super Stardust Delta and Escape Plan last night, will pick up Dokuro, Sine Mori, and Sumioni today.

Finally some use for my Vita. I had to dig out the charger, which it turns out I lost since I haven't used it in a while.

Buying a Vita tomorrow. I just realized I have we'll over 50 games on my PS3 that I will be be able to play on my Vita. That alone is worth the price.

KiteGr

What about Europe?
I have finished uncharted, gravity, mutand blob, and censored Ninja gaided and I have nothing to play on that shit! My order of P4G won't be here for another week!

Sarquiss_

Have the games which are meant to be free gone live yet? The blog post announcing the sale was posted on the 4th and it mentioned that the games would be free the following day. However, when I try to get the games they ask for payment???

Tizoc

Cheers. Store usually updates on Tuesday right?

It'll be updated whenever Grace Chen feels like it.
Better wait til Wednesday for the Store to be properly updated

What about Europe?
I have finished uncharted, gravity, mutand blob, and censored Ninja gaided and I have nothing to play on that shit! My order of P4G won't be here for another week!

EU is getting MGS Collection for Vita.
...and Puddle.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What about Europe?
The had their sale in early Feb. They didn't offer free games though.

ok I am confused, when is wild arms going to be free? 8:30a EST at the moment where I am.
The store never updates that early. AFAIK, the store team is based in the west coast so it's usually updated around 1 PM - 6 PM PST. Sometimes it's as early as 10 AM PST and sometimes it's around 11 PM PST. It's really inconsistent.

Lombax

Banned
The store never updates that early. AFAIK, the store team is based in the west coast so it's usually updated around 1 PM - 6 PM PST. Sometimes it's as early as 10 AM PST and sometimes it's around 11 PM PST. It's really inconsistent.

Ok thank you for the info. This is my first interaction with the PS Store.

Tizoc

how do i dl these? i am on my vita now and they all come up as costing money....

The store has not updated yet.
They'll be available on Wednesday, best to wait til then. Check Blog.us.playstation.com and when it shows the weekly update, you can get the free games.

From what I've noticed in the past, usually the store updates around 8 PM to 10 PM eastern, so that would be a good time to check on the free games being added.

Tizoc

I honestly don't know if I could play a chess game on my Vita...despite that interesting cheap price...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Would have considered SFxTKN but I already have the DLC...

Er-wut? What does the DLC for Street vs Juggle have to do with the Digital Distro (DD) game?

how do i dl these? i am on my vita now and they all come up as costing money....

You wait until the store updates at GCT.

FFS this is the answer and has been the answer for 7 years now, how do people still not know this?

Top Bottom