• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Sephzilla

Who plays Mueller in the movie adaptation?

I nominate Sam Elliott

MV5BMTU0NTk4NDgzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjU5Nzc1._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I'm still curious about Flynn.

He needs to be indicted so they can start working out sentencing deals in exchange for testimony against Trump.

Flynn knows shit. He's willing to spill the beans for immunity, so he knows some shit. But don't give him immunity, just indict his ass for perjury and then make a deal for a lighter sentence so he can rat-out Trump.

I can't see any constitutional amendments of any variety passing in this current political environment.
You'd hope that the president being exposed as a traitor and the executive branch compromised by a hostile foreign power would galvanize the States and Congress to prevent it from happening again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Like seriously imagine how this scene could be played out in different tones:

House of Cards

Trump on TV: Mueller better not check my finances!

Mueller: Looks at TV and raises eyebrow

News Report: Director Mueller has now expanded the Investigation to President Trump's finances

Pain and Gain

Trump on TV: Mueller better not check my finances!

Men in FBI jackets start handing out subpeonas at Trump tower and all the relevant accounting firms, start carrying computers out of a door leading to the next scene where forensic accountant looking people start going to work on his finances.

Mueller goes from scowl to shit-eating grin.

Arrested Development

Trump on TV: Mueller better not check my finances

Ron Howard: Director Mueller then proceeded to check President Trump's finances

Trump and the rest of the Trumplings look on dumbfounded.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

Dennis: They better not check my finances.

Cut to: Frank and Charlie are in a weird bondage basement full of different and occasionally gore-spattered ceramic piggy banks. "He's working a scheme, Charlie," says an excited Frank Reynolds.

Kensation

Mr. Trump said Mr. Mueller was running an office rife with conflicts of interest and warned that investigators would cross a red line if they delve into Trump family finances unrelated to Russia. 
Narrator: Muller immediately began delving into Trump family finances.

EDIT: DOH, someone already did that one.

The movie adaptations to this are gonna be ridiculous. I am seriously wondering how serious a tone they are gonna play it? House of Cards seriousness? Pain and Gain levels of stupidity? Arrested Development?!?!/

you can't make a serious movie out of this. who is gonna play Trump and not look and sound like a fucking joke? it's not doable. even Trump's allies treat him like a baby, so all the dialogue between them would sound too silly.

hmm, maybe it could be done from the perspective of a more serious person, like Sean Spicer. explore his inner demons and such. MAYBE show a blurry Trump in the background in a scene or two.

Lowmelody

After it's all over and Mueller takes down the entire Trump cabal I demand he be added to Mt. Rushmore. Only granite can do that mug justice.

gcubed

You'd hope that the president being exposed as a traitor and the executive branch compromised by a hostile foreign power would galvanize the States and Congress to prevent it from happening again.

Depends if people get over giving a shit what the deplorables think

Tovarisc

I wonder if they have gotten Trumps taxes yet. Obviously a lot of answers probably lie there.

I imagine his taxes are foundation for these probes into his financial history.

I'm still curious about Flynn.

He needs to be indicted so they can start working out sentencing deals in exchange for testimony against Trump.

Flynn knows shit. He's willing to spill the beans for immunity, so he knows some shit. But don't give him immunity, just indict his ass for perjury and then make a deal for a lighter sentence so he can rat-out Trump.

Flynn and to extent Manafort have dropped from the radar. I doubt it because Mueller lost interest in what they have to say.

linkboy

Might have to get this thing rolling then, de niro's get fuckin old.

True, but it's nothing some CGI touch ups couldn't fix. Hell, you really even wouldn't need to do that, since Mueller and De Niro are only one year apart in age.

It won't happen though.

The regulations were originally an executive order? So they weren't put in place because of a President being investigated?

*edit* Ah, it was created when there wasn't an active scandal, just memories of scandals.

So, there are two schools of thought as to whether Trump could directly fire Mueller. Some say yes, some say no. I think the ones who are saying yes are looking at how Congress allows the Executive to control Justice and therefore they can have some freedoms to run it as they wish. Others are pointing to 28 CFR 600.7 as it being airtight. On further review, I think the ones who are arguing against may have the stronger argument.

I think what it boils down to is that Trump could attempt to fire Mueller directly, and it would be the biggest shit show of them all.

SomTervo

Yesterday. Either in a Twitter tantrum or his NY Times interview. Forget which.

Yesterday (today?) interview with NYTimes, think we have a thread.

Haha. Brilliant.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

Dennis: They better not check my finances.

Cut to: Frank and Charlie are in a weird bondage basement full of different and occasionally gore-spattered ceramic piggy banks. "He's working a scheme, Charlie," says an excited Frank Reynolds.

Haha. Good.

Bleepey

you can't make a serious movie out of this. who is gonna play Trump and not look and sound like a fucking joke? it's not doable. even Trump's allies treat him like a baby, so all the dialogue between them would sound too silly.

hmm, maybe it could be done from the perspective of a more serious person, like Sean Spicer. explore his inner demons and such. MAYBE show a blurry Trump in the background in a scene or two.

You can see him researching and preparing for a press briefing with aides. Going over the spin and then an aid rushes in 5 minutes before he goes on. Twitter notifications go up on phones and an aid rushes in showing her phone saying something like" Mr Spicer you won't believe what he tweeted now". Spicer look at his phone shocked and then crestfallen.

rambis

Banned
I'm well aware of what he said and I still don't think he grasps that to "re-authorize" the Independent Counsel Act requires an actual vote in Congress.

I mean his tweet literally says that but sure...

Schiff said:
If President fired Bob Mueller, Congress would immediately re-establish independent counsel and appoint Bob Mueller. Don't waste our time

Top Bottom