• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodust

Banned
It's 'cause I'm getting money fucking bitches living fast

tumblr_om9j1jBNF21s5orx9o1_500.gif

For real though, his debut project was kinda wack, but I'm still curious about his collab project with Metro Boomin.

As a fellow brown man I'm embarrassed by this thing. Who the hell is this guy?

I thought DJ Khaled was enough to make me cringe, but this looks like he's even cornier little brother.

OG Kush

Stone cold classic, one of the best.

Anyway, what rap songs/albums do you think best portray/discuss/etc. drugs? I've been getting fascinated with drugs lately, its amazing how powerful they can be and how the fuck up so many lives. Danny Brown does a good job I think portraying how awful they can be (and, alternatively, how pleasurable they can be).
Drugs you should try it by travis Scott.

There's more jusy cant remember atm. I might actually create a list as I'm quite a partial to songs about a love/hate relationship with drugs. Something I can relate to.

I'm not exactly a fan of an assclown who makes shit beats being the most famous arab around.
You mean a man who came up in the culture and hustled his way to the top over the course of two decades and motivates people on a daily basis despite struggles in rising/shifting waves, being plagued by Birdman, and not being expressly marketable?

He's a loyal husband who stuck by his lady (now wife) even through the rise in fame, good father, and gets people together for great bangers, what more could we ask for?

Khaled is the GOAT:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/...-success-started-long-before-snapchat-8203155

FZZ

Banned
You mean a man who came up in the culture and hustled his way to the top over the course of two decades and motivates people on a daily basis despite struggles in rising/shifting waves, being plagued by Birdman, and not being expressly marketable?

He's a loyal husband who stuck by his lady (now wife) even through the rise in fame, good father, and gets people together for great bangers, what more could we ask for?

Khaled is the GOAT:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/...-success-started-long-before-snapchat-8203155

Huh?

Didn't his ass propose to Nicki Minaj

He settled for his wife cause he wanted a kid and she wanted money

Huh?

Didn't his ass propose to Nicki Minaj

He settled for his wife cause he wanted a kid and she wanted money
That was a joke/publicity stunt, anyways if all Khaled wanted was a kid he could have gotten another lady, they've been together 11 years and are a match.

"She Had a Clothing Line.
Circa 2011, Tuck began a small clothing business called ABU Apparel, which was primarily endorsed by DJ Khaled. Unfortunately, the corporation stopped operating and Tuck became Khaled’s unofficial business representative/manager. Tuck is also well educated. She attended Marymount Manhattan College for her undergrad and she earned a masters degree from Fordham University."

She's also Palestinian as well which was probably a factor for him.

Vorheez

Khaled is just a good human being who is full of love and postivity. I follow his snapchat and he brightens my mood daily. I've only liked maybe a handful of his songs, but besides that, I just fuck with Khaled as a person

Numb

Yeah. This album was too much. Classic!! About 10 years ago I was listening to this loud in my headphones on repeat all day. Got in to a fight in the evening.

I liked Nintendo King. That was a good song.

Love (good) album anniversaries. Blast that shit straight for a week.
Only time there was a song during one of my fights was when the town clown started playing luda's roll out for no damn reason and we stopped it was too stupid -_-

Glass Rebel

Rebel, I guess the digital version might be going live soon as Sufi La is being broadcast in full tonight here.

I think a tweet or something said it'd be available in May for streaming so I mean, it's either coming this week or the next.

Rebel, turns out the EP releases May 26th, so we can't redeem our codes till then.

Cheers!

EP sounds hype judging by the stream. I don't know how I made it through Bobby's chatter tho.

This Swet Shop Boys EP is fucking amazing.

Nowhere else would I get namedrops of Juhi Chawla, red-throated loon, Frooti, and Mogambo in one place. This track "Birding" is fucking hilarious as well, thank goodness the SSB exist if only for this song getting made.

Moonkid

LTTP on Kill Jill but I gotta shoutout that vocaloid beat again lol. It was a bit distracting for me at times but I assume after a few listens it'll mesh better to my ears.

OG Kush

Heh, "Shalwar" means "trousers" in Farsi. Don't know "Kameez", though.

Are you persian? Love me some chelokebab koobideh or mirza ghasemi! If so, are you familiar with Parsis? Well known communities of them within India/Pakistan. And yeh definitely some similar words, I believe Urdu and Farsi are derived from similar languages.

Koozek

Are you persian? Love me some chelokebab koobideh or mirza ghasemi! If so, are you familiar with Parsis? Well known communities of them within India/Pakistan. And yeh definitely some similar words, I believe Urdu and Farsi are derived from similar languages.
Bale. Yeah, koobideh is a classic. Don't think I've eaten mirza ghasemi yet.

Right, I sometimes understand a few words of Urdu. Only very few though. It's not like with e.g. Dari or Tajik where I can basically understand at least 70% or so because they're accents of or similar to Farsi. Same way I can also understand Austrian and Swizz German.

Oh, I remember watching a short docu on Parsis in India/Pakistan a while ago.

EDIT: Ah, the Seeker video on Youtube was deleted. Short article on it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom