• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

Luigison

I don't see a creator, but it said something like by invitation. We haven't exchanged friend codes, but have you invited me to a Mario Kart 7 race or something?

Maybe it wasn't from Alex, but I'd only noticed it having Streetpassed with him. I thought Streetpass Miis only came from meeting someone with Streetpass. Do they get added from the internet too?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I don't see a creator, but it said something like by invitation. We haven't exchanged friend codes, but have you invited me to a Mario Kart 7 race or something? ?
Have you been using the NeoGAF Mario Kart community?

It seems to gather some Miis even when you don't play against the other player... if I was playing online in 1 group under NeoGAF and you logged in or joined another group in the NeoGAF community, it may have exchanged Miis then.

What's your Mii name in MK7?

creid

Just met my 300th & 301st people. Both had Mario 3D Land Streetpass activated, neither had one of the new puzzle pieces.

Luigison

"By invitation" ones arrive when you play a game with someone. So you probably got it via Mario Kart.

I haven't played Mario Kart online yet, but I added a TMK community code so that's probably it.

Just met my 300th & 301st people. Both had Mario 3D Land Streetpass activated, neither had one of the new puzzle pieces.

Wow! How did you meet so many people? Are there locations that people meetup or something?

creid

Wow! How did you meet so many people? Are there locations that people meetup or something?
Got my first big batch at the Streetpass NYC meetup, got another huge batch at NYCC, a few at Distant Worlds, and the rest just random passes in malls or NYC.

Tyeforce

Just got over 600 at a StreetPass event yesterday! I'm at 608 Plaza Population now. (Some of those are from Mario Kart 7 via Invite Mii, but most of them are from StreetPass). And I now have all 14 Puzzle Swap panels... Finishing them all is going to take quite some time, though. >.> At least I only have one piece of the Rhythm Heaven Fever panel to go! Got three of the special pieces at the event! And I'm on my second play through of Find Mii II (
the normal quest, that is; I beat the secret quest once already
)!

They got them as their starting piece. That's the only way to get them as of right now. I really hope that doesn't turn out to be the only way, because that'll make finishing all of the panels nearly impossible... >.>

Oh, really? That's interesting. Well, technically the social nature of streetpass should eventually make those special pieces pretty viral, but depending on where you live that could be a problem, yeah.

Tyeforce

Is there a website the lists these events and/or lets users create and share events? If not could NeoGAF start one?
Yes, there is! It's called StreetPass Network. They list all notable StreetPass groups around the world. There's probably one near you, and if there isn't, you can always start one! I helped start StreetPass Arizona with a friend of mine who I actually met via StreetPass, and now we're pretty big!

I think we should have a general StreetPass OT that lists all these StreetPass groups here on NeoGAF, though. There's a lot of people here who aren't aware that there are groups like this out there.

Yes, there is! It's called StreetPass Network. They list all notable StreetPass groups around the world. There's probably one near you, and if there isn't, you can always start one! I helped start StreetPass Arizona with a friend of mine who I actually met via StreetPass, and now we're pretty big!

I think we should have a general StreetPass OT that lists all these StreetPass groups here on NeoGAF, though. There's a lot of people here who aren't aware that there are groups like this out there.

Louisiana's not on the list. Surprise Surprise.

Javier

I'm looking forward to a Pokemon game with StreetPass. Imagine the possibilities!
Pokemon battles, Pokemon trading, Item trading, Mini-games scores, the possibilities are endless.

One thing I would love to see is Nintendo release a free Pokewalker app on the eShop when the first mainline Pokemon on the 3DS comes out and make it compatible with every later game in the series. It could even be used to transfer Pokemon between your own games within your system.

beje

Banned
I just got 2 new pink puzzle pieces today so I think it's not that hard. After all, around 1/4 of the people got one as initial...

codhand

Went to a Studio Ghibli marathon in NYC and came out of the theater with seven peeps and had zero StreetPasses since launch. I was not expecting to get any, just happened to have the 3DS on me. Too bad it's not everyday I go to see cartoons in the theater.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Has anyone bookmarked a post that recapped all color attributes/strategies to advance in Find Me 2?

For instance how do you use white, black and yellow magic? They all seem useless, or am I missing something?

stone128

Went to a Studio Ghibli marathon in NYC and came out of the theater with seven peeps and had zero StreetPasses since launch. I was not expecting to get any, just happened to have the 3DS on me. Too bad it's not everyday I go to see cartoons in the theater.

Ghibli <3

got a dozen plaza streetpasses in NYC on Sunday. most at the Nintendo World Store, but a few of them were from elsewhere. of those i got 4 3D Land passes (cleared them out when it hit the max and got one more later), 7 Mario Kart passes and 2 DOAD passes.

Insaniac

I've owned a 3DS since launch and I've yet to get one legitimate street pass.

(plenty from my brother/friends and one random one while my 3DS was charging at home and I was out o_O)

I've owned a 3DS since launch and I've yet to get one legitimate street pass.

(plenty from my brother/friends and one random one while my 3DS was charging at home and I was out o_O)

Put it in your pocket and walk around your nearest major mall. You'll be likely to pick up at least one.

Hell I got one last Saturday from the local Target, though the Mii told me to Die in a Fire.

watershed

Banned
Uh I just found out you can't use the words streetpass or spotpass in your 3ds status message because they include the work "ass", considering these are two main features of the system you'd think the filter would recognize them as acceptable.

FyreWulff

Uh I just found out you can't use the words streetpass or spotpass in your 3ds status message because they include the work "ass", considering these are two main features of the system you'd think the filter would recognize them as acceptable.

If you think that's funny, you should see Microsoft's filtering system.

DarkWish

I'm surprised they let me use my name for my Mii then since my name is Hassan, though that's not in the StreetPass message itself.

Rocca

Since the hardware price cut, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, my daily SPs have spiked from 0-1 to 4-5 a day. Pretty crazy, but I still wish there were more people toting their 3DS'es around. Almost at the end of Find Mii II.

Luigison

Thanks! Virginia is not on the list, but I'll consider adding the Springfield, VA area after winter break.

I made three connections while surveying the 3DS offerings at Target. I would image that someone that worked in Target, Gamestop, etc. could lock their 3DS up near where 3DS costumers would be and get a lot of people added.

Thanks! Virginia is not on the list, but I'll consider adding the Springfield, VA area after winter break.

I made three connections while surveying the 3DS offerings at Target. I would image that someone that worked in Target, Gamestop, etc. could lock their 3DS up near where 3DS costumers would be and get a lot of people added.

Shit, if I worked at any of those places I'd likely have my 3DS in my pocket anyway.

I used to keep my original DS on me at CompUSA at all times to demo to customers when they asked about it back in 2005.

11redder

Louisiana's not on the list. Surprise Surprise.

Nor is Georgia - quelle surprise. I've only streetpassed 6 people since launch day, despite bringing my 3DS to the airport on about 5 occasions, and gamestop, walmart, target and loads of other stores hundreds of times.

Hopefully, things will pick up after Christmas, I'm still missing a few puzzle panels.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just tagged somebody in best buy when I went to pick up something. I wonder if I could have gotten more if I walked around the store a bit.
I always walk by the demo station and close the 3DS so I get that one too. In fact, the closest BB to me has 2 3DS demo stations so I get both of them when I go there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
First and maybe only time I'll ever get 9 Streetpasses in a single day... and they're all wasted on the second last room of Find Mii 2.

At least I got a couple of the new puzzle pieces with the "locked" pieces.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It doesn't need to be closed.
There must be something wrong with the BB units then because they won't streetpass with my 3DS unless I put them to sleep. The last time I was there a couple of people were in the way so I couldn't close them and they wouldn't streetpass with mine for a couple of minutes. 5 seconds after I closed them I got the hits and the demo units did also (with mine and with each other).

Top Bottom