• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There must be something wrong with the BB units then because they won't streetpass with my 3DS unless I put them to sleep. The last time I was there a couple of people were in the way so I couldn't close them and they wouldn't streetpass with mine for a couple of minutes. 5 seconds after I closed them I got the hits and the demo units did also (with mine and with each other).
I've gotten hits from my local retailer(s) from systems that were in use by other people...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've gotten hits from my local retailer(s) from systems that were in use by other people...
I've gotten hits from open systems at Future Shop but not the ones at the Best Buy at Scarborough Town Centre. For some reason they won't unless I put them to sleep.

Tyeforce

There must be something wrong with the BB units then because they won't streetpass with my 3DS unless I put them to sleep. The last time I was there a couple of people were in the way so I couldn't close them and they wouldn't streetpass with mine for a couple of minutes. 5 seconds after I closed them I got the hits and the demo units did also (with mine and with each other).
It's because of the Nintendo Zone. The Nintendo Zone at Best Buy blocks out StreetPass while it's on. I know this as a fact because I've turned off the Nintendo Zone before (it's actually on a DS Lite running special software, all you have to do is lift up the panel on the side, reach into the hole and flick the power switch on the DS Lite), and StreetPass works, whereas while the Nintendo Zone is on, it doesn't work. I couldn't close the demo system at my Best Buy because it was locked in the open position, but that could very well be a way around it.

farnham

Banned
got a dozen plaza streetpasses in NYC on Sunday. most at the Nintendo World Store, but a few of them were from elsewhere. of those i got 4 3D Land passes (cleared them out when it hit the max and got one more later), 7 Mario Kart passes and 2 DOAD passes.

i carried my 3ds around in NYC but did not get a single hit

Jackano

Had a nice streetpass experience yesterday in the train.
First, streetpassing some people in the train station.

Then, in the train, having a new green light and a Mario Kart notfication. Opening the notification, starting Mario Kart, and without understanding what I was doing at first, I (very) quickly ended up racing a 4 courses GP against someone else in the train.
It was quick and very easy (just 2 clicks, one for the notication and one for the starting MK7 button). Don't know who she was but I received some of her ghost data today. It's a nice and convenient way of playing, an unscheduled MK game. Nicely done Nintendo.

Quick thing on the eshop (litle offtopic), there still isn't an option for offering games to 3DS friends, and this sucks. Should have been part of the pre-Christmas update. Am I missing something?

ryushe

Im going to nintendo world on wednesday. How many people should i expect to streetpass?
I usually get around 2-4, and that's just on the train.

I never leave the city with less than 10 street pass when going to NW. Still, I really wish Nintendo would up that number and the play coin limit to at least 20.

Got my first ever StreetPass yesterday, on a plane. I was maybe a bit too excited. Haven't gotten another yet since reaching my destination. Feels bad man. I'm going on a cruise, and I hope to get some tags there.

Finally caught the street pass fever. I picked up six at the mall today and one of them has the person's name but no info, just "met by invitation." What is this? And no I haven't been playing Mario Kart online, don't even own it yet (making myself 100% SM3DL first, tired of having backlogs) and don't have any online 3DS titles.

I thought I had read on here that they changed the limit of total hits per day from 10 to 99? Kind of sad now, because today was the first day I ever hit the limit, and I'm pretty sure I would have got plenty more if I knew (Boxing Day here in Canada).

Finally caught the street pass fever. I picked up six at the mall today and one of them has the person's name but no info, just "met by invitation." What is this? And no I haven't been playing Mario Kart online, don't even own it yet (making myself 100% SM3DL first, tired of having backlogs) and don't have any online 3DS titles.

Anyone know the answer to this? Sorry for bumping the thread but I gotta know.

dreamahm

Banned
nintendo should add street pass online in online play .

as you know in place like saudi arabia no one have 3ds .

All my puzzle & mii 2 only i got from my friend -_-

I hope nintendo add-on street pass online in next update.

because i never try street fighter.

Tyeforce

That means, for whatever reason, you didn't receive their StreetPass data for StreetPass Mii Plaza, but you did receive their StreetPass data from another title that supports Miis (nintendogs + cats, Pokémon Rumble Blast, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.). Their Mii still showed up in your Plaza via Invite Mii.

I thought I had read on here that they changed the limit of total hits per day from 10 to 99? Kind of sad now, because today was the first day I ever hit the limit, and I'm pretty sure I would have got plenty more if I knew (Boxing Day here in Canada).
No, the 99 limit thing is a glitch. Happened to me. Once I reached the normal 10 limit it fixed itself.

Sora_N

I managed to grab 10 today, but seriously I've only ever seen 2 White Mii's. I don't think I can ever finish the second last room in Find Mii!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I managed to grab 10 today, but seriously I've only ever seen 2 White Mii's. I don't think I can ever finish the second last room in Find Mii!
I cheated and changed the shirt colour in a store unit then turned my 3DS on and streetpassed it.

My cousin's kid got a 3DS for Christmas so I was teaching him all the stuff and now I have a new person to streetpass with. :)

olimpia84

Last time I posted in this thread I got zero hits. Now I have a total of 5, so it's getting better.
I believe I got:
2 at the Tampa Car Show
2 at the mall during last minute Christmas shopping
1 that I have no idea how since it showed up when I drove to Miami a few weeks ago during a job travel (maybe it picked up the signal from somebody else driving next to me)

Haha, it's the same for me. I definitely got a few white shirt Mii's in the past, because I remember having useless light magic, but currently I'm really out of luck as far as streetpass'ed Mii's go.

Jackano

You can also use a brown Mii and invok a hero. With enought luck, the invoked rabbit will have a white shirt.

Sora_N

I cheated and changed the shirt colour in a store unit then turned my 3DS on and streetpassed it.

My cousin's kid got a 3DS for Christmas so I was teaching him all the stuff and now I have a new person to streetpass with. :)

You know what? We have a demo 3DS at work, I'm gonna do that at work on Wednesday. :) I'm sick of waiting for the Whites!

Javier

Just you wait until you reach that room in Find Mii 2 where
you need a team of two Yellow Miis.

Jumpman23

My two best hauls were at E3 2011 and the Call of Duty XP event this year. Both events nabbed me around 20 people a piece from all over the world. My most recent trip to the Nintendo World Store in NYC got me another 10 or so.
Typically I carry it to work and will often bring it along when my wife drives. My son just got his 3DS for Xmas so we have also been street passing daily since then. I have already completed both the first Find Mii progressions and I am part way through Find Mii 2 now. Personally I love the feature and the associated games.

You'd think walking around doing Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve would yeild some results, but no! Not one Street Pass!

Hopefully there will be more now that Christmas is over. Mario Kart, however, has populated my Mii Plaza with 300 Mii's though.

What's the maximum range the 3DS Streetpass system can reach ? As I live in a highly populated area, on the road to several schools and college, my idea would be to put the console as near as possible to the street (that is to say, in my bedroom lol) in order to get all the streetpasses.

beje

Banned
What's the maximum range the 3DS Streetpass system can reach ? As I live in a highly populated area, on the road to several schools and college, my idea would be to put the console as near as possible to the street (that is to say, in my bedroom lol) in order to get all the streetpasses.

According to official especifications, up to 30 metres (without obstacles)

Ricker

Since the search function is still down,I will ask in here...I took a bunch of 3d video's on XMas day,saved on a SD card...how can I transfer those to my PC or view them on a TV or something,even if its not in 3D on a regular HDTV,I want a bunch of people to watch...

Phenomic

So just got a 3DS for Christmas and have no clue what this stuff does. Can someone fill me in on Street Pass and it's benefits?

That means, for whatever reason, you didn't receive their StreetPass data for StreetPass Mii Plaza, but you did receive their StreetPass data from another title that supports Miis (nintendogs + cats, Pokémon Rumble Blast, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.). Their Mii still showed up in your Plaza via Invite Mii.

That makes sense, thanks for the info!

Teppic

Got my first street pass today. Two actually. One was just in Mario Kart. I guess that person hadn't set up street pass through the Mii Plaza.

Esiquio

Christmas at Disneyland California. Soooo many Streetpasses from so many countries.

How many did you get? I went to Disneyland for three days last month and got 29 people with about 31 hits, it was great. I went on less-crowed, off-days but ten a day still seemed like a lot to me. Main Street at night and the World of Color got me a ton of StreetPasses. Also, let me know if you ran into the middle-aged bald man Mii who works at Disney. That guy had like a thousand tags.

Another question I have, does street pass content also happen later after the fact? As an example, one of the people I tagged has Mario Kart, I don't own MK 7 yet but when I get it will having his Mii on my system add street pass data later into the game once I have it? And does switching cartridges affect this as well?

Jasconius

Finally been getting some StreetPass hits at work! I took my 3DS a few times a month from March-December and got nothing, but I thought maybe the Christmas gifts would help out and it seems like they have. Got 5 yesterday, 3 today. Got 1 pink Rhythm Tengoku Fever piece, and some other random ones from the new puzzles, and I'm working through Find Mii II now also. The feature that lets you hire past heroes has been nice. ^^

watershed

Banned
Anybody using NIntendo Zone yet? Anything good from that?

Its not much. I've used it at Best Buy. The load times are too long and there's not much there. But you can watch 3ds commercials and trailers, unfortunately none of them are 3d or at least not noticeably so. I did get a code for pokemon rumble though I don't have the game.

Got a hit on my first day taking the 3DS out. Hopefully this isn't a fluke and I keep finding people.

Nice :).

I came home without any yesterday but today I came home with three! I've never had more than two before so I am hopeful that with more 3DSes in the large there will be more streetpass hits to be had. I hope so I'm only on my second run of Find Mii and still have so many hats to collect.

Another question I have, does street pass content also happen later after the fact? As an example, one of the people I tagged has Mario Kart, I don't own MK 7 yet but when I get it will having his Mii on my system add street pass data later into the game once I have it? And does switching cartridges affect this as well?

Anybody know this?

Nice :).

I came home without any yesterday but today I came home with three! I've never had more than two before so I am hopeful that with more 3DSes in the large there will be more streetpass hits to be had. I hope so I'm only on my second run of Find Mii and still have so many hats to collect.

I live in North Dakota and didn't think I'd get many hits so was cynical and put off taking it in public (outside of taking it on my walks this summer in order to rack up play coins) but when I finally took it to the mall and some retail stores two days in a row this week I was surprised at how many hits I've collected. I really think it shows how much better the system is doing if this many people are carrying it around even in this area.

Top Bottom